Hue lux bulbs produce warm white light that you can brighten and dim to suit any occasion—controlling it from anywhere via the Hue app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Hue lux is a snap to set up and use and the bulbs fit right into your current light fittings or luminaries. Choose a starter pack or add to it with a single bulb.
The starter pack comes with two Hue lux bulbs and a bridge. Hue lux bulbs fit into your existing sockets. Just screw them in and turn the light on at the wall switch. Then power up your bridge. Connect it to your modem or router using the network cable provided. Wait for the three LEDs on the bridge to light up. Download the free Hue app to your iOS device and connect your device to the bridge. Find your bulbs. Name them. And start controlling your lights. You can add up to 50 bulbs to your system.
The single bulb is an add-on to your existing Hue or Hue lux system. A Hue bridge is necessary to take advantage of the connected functionality and app control.
- Smooth "light all around" lighting effect
- Digitally dimmable from the Hue app on iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
- 750 lumen light output
- Warm white 2700K color temperature; perfect for both reading and relaxing
- Software upgradeable wirelessly for future enhancements
- Easy integration with existing Philips Hue connected lighting systems
- Cap type: 26
- Requires Hue bridge (included in starter pack) to operate
Did you notice?Each Hue light bulb uses 80% less power than a traditional light bulb.
Apple Recommends ForBrighten, dim, and control warm white light from your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch no matter where you are.
What's in the Box?
- Single Pack: One Hue lux light bulb
- Starter Pack: Two Hue lux light bulbs, one Hue bridge, power supply for Hue bridge, LAN cable to connect the Hue bridge to your router
- Height: 4.33 in./110 mm
- Weight: 4.59 oz./130 g
- Length: 2.44 in./62 mm
- Mfr. Part Number: 8718291744818
- UPC or EAN No.: 046677433710
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- The Hue Bridge (included in the Starter Pack) is required for operation.
Meet the hue app. The amazing way to control every Philips hue product in your home. All in the palm of your hand.
With hue, you’ll see light in a whole new way. It lets you set the ideal lighting for every occasion. It’s clever, intuitive and connected. It‘s a whole new experience.
We call it PERSONAL WIRELESS LIGHTING.
Hue lets you express who you are, through the way you light your home.
Hue can be wherever you want and you can access it whenever you want. Any room. Any space. All wirelessly, through your smart device.
At its heart, hue is a lighting solution for the home. It’s functional and practical. But it can also be emotive and inspiring. It’ll change the way you think about home lighting. Forever.
Philips hue starter pack (bulbs + Bridge; Bloom + Bridge; Iris + Bridge; LightStrips + Bridge). Single bulbs, Friends of hue lamps, and hue tap can then be added, up to a maximum of 50 products per Bridge.
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can the Hue Lux bulb be controlled via a physical dimmer switch?
- Asked by Jorge C from Charleston
- Sep 1, 2014
Hi, no they can't. None of the Hue range works with a dimmer switch. The dimming function is control Hi, no they can't. None of the Hue range works with a dimmer switch. The dimming function is controlled through the App, or through a pre-programmed function of the Hue Tap switch. …
- Answered by David B
- Sep 3, 2014
can the app completely turn off the bulbs? Meaning can I leave the switch on and not use any power?
- Asked by David M from Racine
- Nov 3, 2014
How is this bulb different from the Phillips Hue bulb that is listed for $59.95? They seem like the same thing.
- Asked by Karl M from Ithaca
- Sep 19, 2014
These are white light only - the other bulbs are colour changing.
- Answered by Mark D from London
- Oct 9, 2014
Does the Bridge have to be connected by an ethernet cable or does it work wirelessly as well?
- Asked by Jacqueline F from Arlington
- Nov 2, 2014
The bridge can be connected via wifi. But it actually communicates with the bulbs via the "Zigbee" w The bridge can be connected via wifi. But it actually communicates with the bulbs via the "Zigbee" wireless protocol. Each bulb acts as a repeater for the zigbee signal so you can string them out pretty far and not have to worry about the strength of your wifi signal. …
- Answered by Richard D from Camarillo
- Nov 14, 2014
Can I set this as a alarm?
- Asked by Patricia C from Colorado Springs
- Nov 5, 2014
Yes - you can do all that and more. One of the available.apps let you turn the lights on as you appr Yes - you can do all that and more. One of the available.apps let you turn the lights on as you approach your house.
If you want colors you need to get the original Hue bulbs. The Lux bulbs are white only. …
- Answered by Richard D from Camarillo
- Nov 14, 2014