The Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portable Hard Drive makes backing up your digital life simple - from your Mac, mobile devices or from social networks. Formatted for Mac, the hard drive is compatible with Time Machine back-up software from the minute you take it out of the box.
Install the free Seagate Mobile Backup app on your iOS or Android device to back up all of the pictures and videos from the device to the drive or the cloud. Back up mobile devices via a Wi-Fi connection or using Dropbox or Google Drive. With the Save feature, user-generated content on social media can be backed up and saved to the hard drive.
Install the downloadable HFS+ driver for Windows and use the drive interchangeably between Mac and PC computers without reformatting the drive.
- Slim, metal design
- Compatible with Time Machine backup software
- Mobile Backup App to protect photos/videos stored on your iOS or Android device
- Save directly from and share to social networking sites
- Use interchangeably between Mac and PCs without reformatting
Did you notice?The hard drive is formatted to Mac and compatible with Time Machine backup software as soon as you take it out of the box.
Apple Recommends ForBacking up your digital life on a handy, take-anywhere hard drive.
What's in the Box?
- Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portable Hard Drive
- 18-inch (46 cm) USB 3.0 cable
- Quick-start guide
- Other Features: Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: USB
- Height: 0.96 cm/0.38 in.
- Width: 7.6 cm/3 in.
- Weight: 150 g
- Length: 11.35 cm/4.47 in.
- Mac - OS X 10.6 or higher
- PC - Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Mfr. Part Number: STDS500900
- UPC or EAN No.: 763649060230
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does this drive have a driver for MAC OS V 14.0
- Asked by Cathy H from Winnipeg
- Dec 25, 2014
This drive doesn't need a driver for OSX.
- Answered by Frank K from Vancouver
- Dec 30, 2014
Is it Yosemite compatible
- Asked by Ron M
- Jan 28, 2015
Yes it is! I'm currently using this external hard drive with Yosemite 10.10.02.
- Answered by Jeremy L from Richmond
- Feb 23, 2015
Can I use this product to store my Dropbox files which result in saving and taking space on my computer?
- Asked by Trisha G from Little Rock
- Jan 11, 2015
Yes, you can store your dropbox on an external drive although that is not such a good idea. If you d Yes, you can store your dropbox on an external drive although that is not such a good idea. If you disconnect the drive, dropbox could misinterpret that as you deleting all your files, and then you would lose everything. …
- Answered by Rohan T from Oakland
- Feb 16, 2015
When I plug in the seagate slim mac, do I need to do anything else or does it automatically backup everything?
- Asked by Carl K from Coeur D'alene
- Oct 10, 2014
You need to run a set up. But that is easy. All you need to do is use the disk utility and click o You need to run a set up. But that is easy. All you need to do is use the disk utility and click on the TB hard drive; then find partition (if you want storage out of it too); then label it what ever you want for storage and time machine. Then click Apply. There are many videos about it on youtube. It is easy. If you just want storage, then you really don't have to do much. Just copy your stuff over by dragging it and letting go.
Hope it helps. …
- Answered by Aaron C from Gleneden Beach
- Oct 18, 2014
Can I use my Macbook Version 10.5.8 with this Hard Drive?
- Asked by Elena G from Woodbridge
- Sep 10, 2014
No. System Requirements: Mac - OS X 10.6 or higher.
- Answered by Robyn T from League City
- Sep 16, 2014