With the SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive and its companion app, you're free to share and stream high-definition content between your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Mac devices without a cable connection. Simply connect wirelessly from your iOS device to the media drive and instantly stream your HD movies, browse photos and listen to music from around the house or on the go, while avoiding the common hassles of cables, attachment limits or Internet availability.
The SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive instantly increases your mobile device storage so that you can take more photos, shoot more videos and listen to more songs than ever before. Additionally, you can use the SD card slot on the Media Drive to easily share and download photos directly from your camera, without any need for a computer. Swap out memory cards for extra storage capacity.
- Wirelessly access your movies, photos, music, and documents stored on the media drive from your iOS device; no Internet or router required
- Automatically categorize your content into photos, videos, music, and other documents and view it within the app
- Upload photos, videos, and other files from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the drive and free up space the iOS device
- Download files from the drive to your iOS device for offline access
- Edit photos, play slideshows, and auto-play all music files
- Use the iOS native document previewer to view PDF, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents
- Connect the media drive to your local Wi-Fi access point to connect to the Internet
- Set up a WEP/WPA password for the Media Drive Wi-Fi network and secure your connection
Did you notice?Up to eight iOS devices can access stored files via a Wi-Fi connection.
Apple Recommends ForInstantly and wirelessly adding extra storage to your iPad, iPhone, iPod, or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- SanDisk Connect 64GB Wireless Media Drive
- USB cable
- Quick start guide
- Other Features: Wireless
- Connections: USB 2.0, Wireless
- Power Source: Battery Power, External power supply
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 0.55 in./1.4 cm
- Width: 2.6 in./6.7 cm
- Weight: 2.67 oz./75.6 g
- Length: 2.6 in./6.7 cm
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: SDWS1-064G-GA57
- UPC or EAN No.: 619659120924
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two years
SanDisk Connect™ Wireless Media Drive HD
Enjoy the freedom to wirelessly share and stream high definition content across iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, smartphones and tablets with the SanDisk Connect™ Wireless Media Drive app. This app requires a SanDisk Connect™ Wireless Media Drive device in order to work.
Simply connect wirelessly from your mobile device to the media drive and instantly stream your HD movies, browse photos and listen to music from around-the-house or on-the-go while avoiding the common hassles of cables, attachment limits or Internet availability.
Wireless Media Drive App
•Wirelessly access your movies, photos, music and documents stored on the media drive from your mobile device. No Internet or router required
•Automatically categorize your content into photos, videos, music and other documents and view it within the App
•Upload photos, videos and other files from your mobile device to the drive and free up space on your mobile device
•Download files from the drive to the mobile device for offline access
•Edit photos, play slideshows and auto-play all music files
•Use the iOS native document previewer to view PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
•Connect the media drive to your local Wi-Fi access point to connect to the Internet
•Set up a WEP/WPA password for the Media Drive WiFi network and secure your connection
•Use the App to easily upgrade the Media Drive’s firmware whenever there is an update available
About the SanDisk Connect™ Wireless Media Drive Device (sold separately)
•Works wirelessly via Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), no Internet or router required
•Expandable storage capacity via the SD™ card expansion slot
•Simultaneously connect up to 8 devices and stream up to 5 HD video stream
•Up to 8 hours of continuous streaming on a single charge1
•Accessible up to 150 feet away
•Optional Wi-Fi password protection (WPA)2
•To learn more about the Wireless Media Drive go to www.sandiskconnect.com
Note: The media drive can store any file type. However, streaming content such as movies and music is dependent on the file support provided by your mobile device.
1 Based on streaming 720p content at 2mbps to one device; actual life and performance may vary depending upon usage and settings; battery not replaceable.
2 iOS ver. 6.0 or higher or Mac OS 10.6 or higher required
For questions, please consult the SanDisk support page at www.sandisk.com/mediadrive
iTunes is for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Don’t steal music.
SanDisk is a registered trademark in the United States and other countries. SanDisk Connect is a trademark of SanDisk Corporation.
iTunes, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch are trademarks of Apple Inc.
©2013 SanDisk Corporation. All rights reserved. …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Doesn't stream iTunes films with iOS8
I bought this item yesterday at the Apple Store. I spent several hours trying to stream some of my iTunes films and TV shows. Fina I bought this item yesterday at the Apple Store. I spent several hours trying to stream some of my iTunes films and TV shows. Finally I contacted SanDisk chat support; they told me ..."We appreciate you reporting the issue. Our Engineering team is already working with Apple to resolve it. Please watch for any iOS and WMD or WFD application updates."
I believe Apple shouldn't sell products that are not compatible with current iOS, this causes lots of frustration and waste of time. …
- Written by Omar S from Toronto
147 of 168 people found this useful
Great device; perfect for road trips and vacations
I bought this device, as my own personal media server, with two goals in mind -- first, when on vacation, I wanted a way to share I bought this device, as my own personal media server, with two goals in mind -- first, when on vacation, I wanted a way to share photos with the other people I traveled with, and second, with a family of five that is often on long flights or road trips, I wanted a central media hub for storing and accessing movie and music files for viewing between multiple iPads. Now, instead of having to load content on each particular device, such as music, movies or books, I can throw everything onto the Media drive and let them access what each person wants. I bought this model over the Wireless USB Flash Drive, primarily because of the SD card slot, which makes it easy to add storage, use multiple SD cards to manage larger files, and most importantly, it makes transferring photos painless.
For my purposes, this device has been great. I've had it for about 6 months now, and haven't had the difficulties or set up issues that some of the other reviewed mentioned. Battery life on the device is fantastic. I've had three users stream three different movies all at once, with zero latency issues.
Fantastic product. …
- Written by David O from Foster City
105 of 116 people found this useful
Really Cool, but setup can be tricky
This is a really cool little device. I'm sure it will be perfect as a traveling external drive, but I did have some issues with s This is a really cool little device. I'm sure it will be perfect as a traveling external drive, but I did have some issues with setting it up. The free app for the iPhone can be used for setup but when setting up your wi-fi access you should know there are a few restrictions that I discovered.
1) You can't use the '-' character in your wi-fi name, so if you call your network "My wi-fi" it won't work, it will need to be "My wifi" instead.
2) If you use the app to set up your device you can't use special characters in the first password field but you can in the second one that is used to verify the first field. The character I had trouble with was the '@' symbol. I could enter this as part of my password when I set up the wi-fi while connected via USB but then couldn't login with my iPhone because the app can't use the symbol in a password for some odd reason.
3) I have no trouble now connecting to the device now that I have discovered items 1 and 2, but I have yet to get the device to connect and share my primary wi-fi network. I'm suspecting that this is because I keep my wi-fi hidden so once the device restarts it does not 'detect' the connection so therefore will not automatically connect to it. (It could at least try occasionally.) So don't try to connect it to a hidden wi-fi network. **I just tested this theory and it is correct. It won't try to connect to a hidden wi-fi connection.
This thing is really awesome though and I look forward to playing with it, it fits in the palm of my hand and will be an awesome way to keep my files with me wherever I go. …
- Written by Chris B from Washington
104 of 116 people found this useful
No longer works after upgrade to iOS8
My 6 year old son was in tears when his player, which he relies on every other week for his two hour drive to visit his dad, would My 6 year old son was in tears when his player, which he relies on every other week for his two hour drive to visit his dad, would not work. We got this device from Apple to expand our iPad storage just so my son could watch movies during this long drive. Apple is still selling it despite the incompatibility. Fix the issue in Safari ASAP. We have time and money invested in this device.
(I would rate this product four stars if Apple would fix this problem. Until then, I want people to be fairly warned.) …
- Written by Matthew B from Bridgewater
2 of 2 people found this useful
Not compatible with iOS 8
As of this review this device does not work with iOS 8. How can Apple even list it on their site when it won't work. Sandisk say As of this review this device does not work with iOS 8. How can Apple even list it on their site when it won't work. Sandisk says that it's on Apples end with Safari. I hope Apple can get this figured out. Great concept in theory but not working in reality. Get it fixed and I will rate it better. …
- Written by Blaine R C from Ellensburg
9 of 9 people found this useful
APPLE PLEASE FIX - DOES NOT WORK WITH IOS 8
The sales staff at the Apple Store sold us on this product to expand our available movie storage while travelling. It does NOT wo The sales staff at the Apple Store sold us on this product to expand our available movie storage while travelling. It does NOT work with iOS 8, so it is of no use to us now.
I read in another review that it will work if you connect the drive and your computer to the same network. Great...if you can access a network. NOT helpful when you're on an airplane for 8 hours or have no internet access.
Fix it or stop telling people it can work. …
- Written by SHERRI G from Calgary
10 of 10 people found this useful