The LifeProof nüüd case wraps your iPad in complete waterproof safety—without the bulk of a screen cover. It frees you to use your iPad by the pool, at a camp site, or anywhere outside the comfort of your home or office.
More than protection
LifeProof’s CrystalClear anti-reflective coated optical-glass lens ensures that you get distortion-free photos and videos. And its dynamically designed Sound Enhancement System lets you hear your iPad audio at maximum volume and clarity.
- Waterproof your iPad—fully submersible to 6.6 feet
- Screen-free cover lets you touch, see, and use iPad without obstruction
- Totally sealed from dirt and dust
- Completely protected from snow and ice
- Built to military standards to survive drops from up to 4 feet
- Includes a multi-position stand for reading, watching, or typing
- Transparent back shows off Apple personalized engraving and iPad design
- Easy-access charging port
- Large waterproof speaker ports for maximum sound output and clarity
- CrystalClear anti-reflective optical-glass camera lens
- Every case water tested at the LifeProof factory
Did you notice?nüüd technology completely waterproofs your iPad and protects it from drops, while keeping it free of a bulky screen cover.
Apple Recommends ForUse your iPad safely in any environment, no matter how wet or dirty.
What's in the Box?
- LifeProof nüüd Case for iPad
- Headphone jack covers (2)
- Headphone jack cover keeper
- Microfiber cleaning cloth
- Water test unit
- Form Factor: Hard Case
- Material: Hard Plastic, TPU
- Mfr. Part Number: 1901-01
- UPC or EAN No.: 819859011439
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit www.lifeproof.com/en/policies-and-warranties)
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
The is the best case for your iPad Air, hands down!!
I simply love this Lifeproof nuud case for my iPad. I had originally bought the Otterbox case first but did not like the rainbow e I simply love this Lifeproof nuud case for my iPad. I had originally bought the Otterbox case first but did not like the rainbow effect it has on the screen. I bought this case straight from Lifeproof with no problems. Yes at $129 for a case sounds steep but if it's going to protect my iPad i do not mind the cost. I did not buy it for the water. I bought it for the sole purpose of protection it gives and the lightness without the bulk like Otterbox. …
- Written by Todd W from Greenville
26 of 28 people found this useful
Overall great case
I have waited since the release of the iPad Air for this case to be released. The brilliance of this case is the exposed screen wh I have waited since the release of the iPad Air for this case to be released. The brilliance of this case is the exposed screen while remaining waterproof. The only major design flaw is the volume buttons. It is such a pain to control volume with the physical keys that they are rendered useless. Overall this case remains minimalist while giving you the confidence to take outside and use poolside. …
- Written by Chris P from Sarasota
82 of 90 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is there a screen cover that comes with this or I can buy to protect it when the Ipad is in a bag? Thanks
- Asked by Jamie J
- Aug 10, 2014
The previous answer stated a glass screen cover is the best...
I agree with that however if you b The previous answer stated a glass screen cover is the best...
I agree with that however if you buy the LifeProof nuud case the fit will be extremely tight with a glass screen protector.
I've got a Mime USA Glass screen protector so I know that the glass screen protector is too thick to use for the LifeProof nuud case, though I haven't tried the thinner slim glass version yet.
Also keep in mind because the glass screen protector is thicker and creates a tighter fit, you really have to squeeze it into the case, so you may end up just cracking the glass screen protector anyway. …
- Answered by Yi-hsing C from Burwood
- Aug 18, 2014
Will this fit an iPad mini retina?
- Asked by Javier E from Phoenix
- Nov 12, 2013
I just purchased one for my inbound mini-retina and just discovered online and then confirmed by Lif I just purchased one for my inbound mini-retina and just discovered online and then confirmed by Lifeproof that this case WILL NOT fit the Ipad Mini Retine and they are working on new cases for Air & Mini Retina but they are months away from releaseing the new cases. This is a bummer as I have used they cases and they are great. Waiting is a bummer. …
- Answered by Vernon M from Gig Harbor
- Nov 19, 2013
When charging the Ipad in the LifeProof nüüd Case, will it remain waterproof?
- Asked by Arthur D
- Jul 28, 2014
When you open the bottom port to charge, the opening for the charger cable does not allow it to No.
When you open the bottom port to charge, the opening for the charger cable does not allow it to be waterproof while charging. …
- Answered by Matt C from Fort Worth
- Jul 31, 2014
Is a headphone adapter needed for this LifeProof case?
- Asked by Mark D from Bloomingdale
- Mar 4, 2014
Yes there is an adapter that should have come with your case. It also has an extra headph Hey Mark!
Yes there is an adapter that should have come with your case. It also has an extra headphone jack plug.
Once you plug n the adapter you can listen even in the tub!
I'd think LifeProof would send you one if you didn't get one, it would be good customer service on their part, but here I'm just speculating.
Good luck and enjoy …
- Answered by Jacki J from Calgary
- Mar 6, 2014
Does this product when complete with iPad air float ?
- Asked by Billy H
- Jan 6, 2014
No this will not float, but LifeProof does make an accessory product called the LifeJacket that woul No this will not float, but LifeProof does make an accessory product called the LifeJacket that would allow it to float. However, you wouldn't want this case for your iPad Air as it is not compatible. LifeProof is working on a case for the iPad Air but unfortunately there is currently no known release date. …
- Answered by Shawn R from Washington
- Jan 24, 2014
Will the lifeproof case designed for the first iPad work for the 4th generation
- Asked by Kim K from Orient
- Apr 19, 2014
No because they are different shapes the iPad is thicker than the 4th generation
- Answered by Samuel N from Glen Waverley
- Jun 3, 2014