The Ultimate Ears BOOM speaker lets you share the music on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch wirelessly with everyone. It's a party waiting to happen—with a convenient water bottle shape that fits comfortably in your hand, in a cup holder, or hung from just about anything. You can also pair it with eight different Bluetooth-enabled iOS devices, two of which can be active simultaneously. With re-streaming, you can even pair two UE BOOM speakers together to double the volume or get true stereo separation. No matter how you use it, UE BOOM provides impressively big sound for its compact size—sound that's rich and full across the entire audio spectrum.
- 360-degree speaker drops bold, immersive sound in every direction
- Wirelessly switch songs, adjust volume, and take phone calls from up to 50 feet away from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Versatile, go anywhere shape that easily fits in your hand or a cup holder
- Colorful acoustic skin with plasma coating for water and stain resistance
- Up to 15-hours of rechargeable battery life that gives you non-stop music
- Wirelessly connect two UE BOOMs together in stereo via the UE BOOM app to spread the sound and increase the volume
- Wake up with UE BOOM and music from your iTunes library, iTunes Radio, and more via the UE BOOM app's alarm feature
Did you notice?With re-streaming, you can pair two UE BOOMs together to double the volume or get left and right stereo.
Apple Recommends ForWirelessly share the music from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod anywhere you go.
What's in the Box?
- Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker
- Quick start guide
- Micro USB cable
- Power adapter
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features: Multipoint Support
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Drivers: Two 1.5-inch full-range drivers; two 2-inch passive radiators
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 7.09 in./18 cm
- Width: 2.72 in./6.91 cm (Diameter)
- Weight: 1.19 lb./0.54 kg
- Mfr. Part Number: 980-000935
- UPC or EAN No.: 097855106469
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited hardware warranty
You'd never walk all the way to your TV to turn it on and you shouldn't have to with your wireless speaker either. Use the UE BOOM app to control the party from afar and to unlock an expanding set of cool additional features like our musical alarm and fully customizable 5-band EQ. UE BOOM app features include:
- Double Up – Wirelessly Double Up with a second UE BOOM or UE MEGABOOM and take your party to 11. Use the app to control the balance and to choose between Stereo or Double sound.
- Remote Control – Use the app as a remote control to power your UE BOOM on/off from afar.
- Alarm - Start last night's party all over again–every morning. UE BOOM wakes you up with your favorite songs, Spotify playlists, Pandora stations and more. Because the party never actually stops–you just pass out.
- Customizable 5-band EQ - Use the fully customizable five-band equalizer to custom-tune the sound so it's just right for you. Need a little more bass? Done. More highs and mids? No problem. You set it how you like it.
- Wireless Speaker Updates – Wirelessly update the software on your UE BOOM to get all the latest ear-blowing features.
- Settings – Personalize your UE BOOM’s name, language and more all through the app.
- Learn – Use the UE BOOM How To guide to learn all about what your UE BOOM can do. …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
iPad Air 2
iPad mini 3
Ratings & Reviews
Perfect for parties!
I love this speaker. I was not sure which direction to go on a wireless speaker, did a ton of research and landed on this UE Boom I love this speaker. I was not sure which direction to go on a wireless speaker, did a ton of research and landed on this UE Boom...SO HAPPY I DID! It does all that it claims to with one exception, the battery does not last 15 hours...not even close. That's the reason behind 4 stars, I would have given 5 if the battery lasted a little longer. Other than that, NOT A SINGLE COMPLAINT. The sound is really crisp and LOUD. We bought if for outdoor use mostly and its sound is so powerful that it doesn't get lost outside, it can fill a large outdoor space nicely. It's also pretty durable, we used it last weekend while we were doing yard work...it got splashed a little, fell off of the steps once, was covered in dirt and still performed as well as the day we opened it. Highly recommend. Love it. Great buy. Thinking about buying a second one to pair and get that stereo sound, that must be amazing. …
- Written by Jennifer M from Stoneham
88 of 94 people found this useful
UE BOOM IS THEE SPEAKER
I host several get togethers, outdoors, indoors and the like. Its simply the best option for music in those formats. Primarily bec I host several get togethers, outdoors, indoors and the like. Its simply the best option for music in those formats. Primarily because of the ability to sync 2 devices together. Also it is extremely durable and water resistant. I had the misfortune of leaving my speakers outside, mounted to tripods and of course it rained. In the morning I was relieved to find them working flawlessly. Again, perfect device for any function requiring music. Even with a large crowd the UE BOOM has the strength and quality of sound to deliver entertainment to the masses. …
- Written by Joseph H
53 of 54 people found this useful
Wonderful Wireless Speaker
I wasn't sure on what speaker to get, I was going to buy the Bose, Beat pill or JamBox, but the UE was the best of all of them. It I wasn't sure on what speaker to get, I was going to buy the Bose, Beat pill or JamBox, but the UE was the best of all of them. It is the loudest and clearest of all of them. I have been using for a little of bit of time but it is very useful and load. I bought it to play mostly outside and it is very load. I haven't really use it to the extend of the battery so I really don't know if it does last 15 hours or not like previews review says. …
- Written by Josshymart T from Bensenville
53 of 61 people found this useful
Very happy with purchase
I love the Ultimate ears speaker... i have recommended to several friends which also purchased and are happy as well. I use it on I love the Ultimate ears speaker... i have recommended to several friends which also purchased and are happy as well. I use it on my bike ride....i was a little nervous it would not last the day.. 8 hours...but surpassed that and goes week without needing a charge. I never put to max volume as there is no need... crystal clear sound does not distort at max volume... Durable. I just throw in pocketbook or bag and i am on my way...such a great speaker i bought one for daughter and one for husband ... no regret with this purchase. …
- Written by Mary J F from HULL
I've had this speaker for about 3 weeks now and have used it both outside and inside. I an constantly blown away by how good it s I've had this speaker for about 3 weeks now and have used it both outside and inside. I an constantly blown away by how good it sounds. Bose and Jambox are not even close. It is remarkably loud for a speaker this size. The battery also lasts as advertised up to
15 hours which is plenty for any activity. For someone who is into audiophile quality sound in a portable speaker, this is the best one
out there for under $200. Extremely happy with it. …
- Written by Scott R from Glenview
3 of 3 people found this useful
Amazing rich sound!
I purchased this speaker at the Ala Moana (HI) Apple Store yesterday and could not be happier!!
The sound is clear, full, and r I purchased this speaker at the Ala Moana (HI) Apple Store yesterday and could not be happier!!
The sound is clear, full, and rich. The speaker itself is stylish and elegant. And the volume one can get from it is amazing. …
- Written by Cynthia K from Pepeekeo
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does the speaker come with a travel case.
- Asked by Leonard C from Orlando
- May 6, 2015
How do I play music from my iPod Classic using audio cable?
- Asked by Qing D from Morristown
- Mar 6, 2015
You need a male-to-male 3.5mm audio cable. Plug that into your iPod's headphone port and plug the o You need a male-to-male 3.5mm audio cable. Plug that into your iPod's headphone port and plug the other end of the cable into the bottom of the UE Boom. There are two ports on the bottom of the UE Boom, one is the micro USB used for charging and the other is a round 3.5mm input, plug the cable into that. Turn the speaker on and you're good to go. Just keep in mind that you need to turn the volume all the way up on your iPod classic and then adjust the volume of the speaker using the + and - icons on the UE Boom itself. …
- Answered by Paul R from Newport
- Mar 11, 2015
Can you connect 3 or 4 speakers together. Currently I have 2 connected.
- Asked by Don J from New York
- Feb 15, 2015
Only 2 at a time.
- Answered by Julian W from Chicago
- Feb 23, 2015
can i answer a call with the ue boom without using my phone like i do with my blue tooth in my truck(i hit the answer call button in my truck)
- Asked by Pasi P from Sherwood Park
- Dec 24, 2013
Hi there, will this speaker work with the shuffle? I'm looking for a small speaker to take with a shuffle while I am hiking for a month...
- Asked by Sam S from Auckland
- Nov 19, 2014