G-Technology's G-DRIVE mobile USB 3.0 hard drive is easy to set up and carry anywhere for storing your most important documents, MP3s, digital video, and photo files. Inside its sleekly thin special-edition aluminum case is a high-performance 5400 RPM hard drive with impressive USB 3.0 connectivity. It's also bus powered, so there’s no need to carry an external AC power supply.
- High-speed USB 3.0 connectivity
- Thin, beveled aluminum case makes for easy portability
- 1TB storage handles videos, photos, documents, and music
- Bus-powered design eliminates the need for a separate power connection
- Plug-and-play Mac OS setup and easily reformatted for Windows
- Time Machine compatible
Did you notice?Delivers speedy performance along with USB 3.0 connectivity.
Apple Recommends ForHandy, bus-powered storage for taking along your essential files wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-DRIVE mobile USB hard drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick start guide
- Other Features: Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 3.0
- Height: 0.51 in./1.3 cm
- Width: 5.08 in./12.9 cm
- Weight: 6.24 oz./176.91 g
- Length: 3.23 in./8.2 cm
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Windows 8/7/Vista
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G03234
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487194425
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
Such a great hard drive!
I sell a lot of hard drives and this by far is my favorite external hard drive. it works great as a backup hard drive. It's design I sell a lot of hard drives and this by far is my favorite external hard drive. it works great as a backup hard drive. It's design compliments Apple's beautiful computers very well.
I'm a Apple Certified Macintosh Technician and I've never seen a G-Tech hard drive fail.
Buy this hard drive and backup your data. …
- Written by Phil O from Albuquerque
363 of 368 people found this useful
Had it a month now and it's fast always worked and for the price well worth it also has password protection and it's very very sma Had it a month now and it's fast always worked and for the price well worth it also has password protection and it's very very small and sleek n sexy …
- Written by Michael G from Edmonton
215 of 227 people found this useful
It looks nice next to my Mac and it downloads really fast. I'm happy with it.
- Written by Santiago R from Arleta
145 of 151 people found this useful
Wow, great product and deal
I have a 500GB hard drive that I pretty much filled up with pictures and videos. I didn't want to invest in a new iMac yet, but I I have a 500GB hard drive that I pretty much filled up with pictures and videos. I didn't want to invest in a new iMac yet, but I needed space. For a long time I hesitated to buy an external because they are expensive. I can't believe the price and capacity of this one. I put all my iPhoto library on it and now I freed up my mac and it runs better. So happy this product is available. I look forward to getting another one soon to do the same thing with my Macbook. …
- Written by Christian O from Richmond
7 of 7 people found this useful
Amazing deal on this 1TB Drive. I have always gone with Seagate or GTech, but the price point is what attracted me to this drive. Amazing deal on this 1TB Drive. I have always gone with Seagate or GTech, but the price point is what attracted me to this drive. Its super reliable and easy to transport. …
- Written by Alex D from Powder Springs
5 of 5 people found this useful
Great for the price...
I love the fact that this drive is all metal casing. BUT, as stated in another review, the USB 3.0 that connects to the hard drive I love the fact that this drive is all metal casing. BUT, as stated in another review, the USB 3.0 that connects to the hard drive is NOT very secure. Please beware of this, but don't be discouraged by this flaw. Other than that, it seems to be a great drive. I used Blackmagic Disk Speed Test to see the READ and WRITE SPEEDS of this drive since it was no where to be found by the manufacture or Apple. The speed results that I got were: WRITE - 89.5mb/s and READ - 92.6mb/s. Hope this helps. …
- Written by TOREY J B from Gainesville
9 of 9 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Bus powered from USB 2 ?
- Asked by Frank P from Montreal
- Jul 11, 2014
Yes. USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with 2.0 and 2.0 does provide the required power
- Answered by Kunal S from Duluth
- Jul 29, 2014
Does this hard drive have a lifetime warranty?
- Asked by Baylee J from Calimesa
- Jul 20, 2014
According to the site, this product has a three-year limited warranty.
- Answered by Krittanai P from Blacksburg
- Jul 28, 2014
Can I use it to move my files from a Windows to a Mac?
- Asked by Zoe R from Copake
- Jul 25, 2014
You would have to reformat it in Disk Utility to ExFat
- Answered by Kunal S from Duluth
- Jul 29, 2014
Is this just a storage device or can I back up my macbook pro onto it?
- Asked by Joseph B from Waterbury
- Jul 26, 2014
Yes, just about any external hard drive can be used to back up a computer. Mac computers have a feat Yes, just about any external hard drive can be used to back up a computer. Mac computers have a feature called Time Machine which allows you to easily back up your computer. As long as the external hard drive has more storage than your computer (which it almost certainly will) you will be able to back up your macbook pro with this device.
If you would like to use the external hard drive for both storage and backup, that's pretty easy to do as well. However, it would require a few initial steps before setting it up for backup. A quick google search could explain how to do that (it's not difficult to do). …
- Answered by Adam D from Greensboro
- Jul 30, 2014
Does it have a wireless function??? How do you access it from a ipad of iPhone???
- Asked by Pearl W from Folsom
- Apr 24, 2014
It does not have a wireless function. You can move your photos or other data you do not necessarily It does not have a wireless function. You can move your photos or other data you do not necessarily need on your smaller devices on a laptop or computer and then transfer them to your hard drive. …
- Answered by Nima T from Melbourne
- May 26, 2014
What is the best external hard drive to use with iMac?
- Asked by Helen J from Johnson City
- Apr 20, 2014