Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2569
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709006974
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Did not meet expectations
While the shell protected my computer from scratches, it began to fall apart and chip, the bottom case began to just pop off even While the shell protected my computer from scratches, it began to fall apart and chip, the bottom case began to just pop off even though the computer was never dropped or mistreated. Simply stated the case did not hold up well at all. …
- Written by Savannah B from The Woodlands
4 of 4 people found this useful
I love this case! It's a very pretty color and it is very easy to take off and put back on (:
- Written by susana T from Hawthorne
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have a 13” Macbook Pro with a DVD player. Does the shell allow access to the DVD slot? I’m guessing no.
- Asked by Kimberly U from Poulsbo
- Aug 17, 2014
This is for the one with the retina display, not the normal macbook pro
- Answered by Julia M from Hanover
- Aug 23, 2014
is this pink or purple??
- Asked by Tina G from Ocean Ridge
- Jul 2, 2014
its haze purple, sadly not pink like it looks
- Answered by Louise H
- Jul 8, 2014
can skin it sticker decals fit overtop the shell?
- Asked by Corey A
- Sep 4, 2014
Can you see decals with this case on?
- Asked by Audrey R from Round Rock
- Jul 18, 2014
Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colou Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colour. I chose the purple for my 13" Macbook Pro with RD which is actually a very pleasing glossy 'burgundy' colour. …
- Answered by Robert M from Dolls Point
- Aug 23, 2014
does smartshell fit on macbook pro 15 early 2013.
- Asked by Mário T from Praia
- Jul 11, 2014
Do these cases cause overheating? Is there good ventilation?
- Asked by Monika G from Corapeake
- Jul 19, 2014
There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope this helps you! …
- Answered by Brad M from Kitchener
- Aug 9, 2014