Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2565
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709006936
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
I never write reviews, but...
I loved this case for purely cosmetic reasons. The turquoise looks great on the computer, and I didn't want my new Macbook to be d I loved this case for purely cosmetic reasons. The turquoise looks great on the computer, and I didn't want my new Macbook to be dented and scratched like my old one. Today made me want to write a review, though. Believe it or not, I just dropped my computer out of a second story window. It fell onto concrete. The concrete had leaves, which probably helped break the fall. I panicked, but guess what. MY LAPTOP IS FINE! There are some expected scratches and dents, but the case didn't even break. I'm not saying you can throw your computer out a window, but this case is worth the money in protection. …
- Written by Lindsay W from Maryville
91 of 111 people found this useful
This is NOT worth the money that I spent on it! I love the color but the shell never stays on. It is always falling off and it is This is NOT worth the money that I spent on it! I love the color but the shell never stays on. It is always falling off and it is very flimsy. The thing is chipping away piece by piece and I just bought it 3 months ago! For this price I expected something a bit sturdier! …
- Written by Michelle F from Hazelwood
79 of 100 people found this useful
After buying my first macbook I figured if I'm going to be dragging this everywhere I should buy a case. I picked up this case but After buying my first macbook I figured if I'm going to be dragging this everywhere I should buy a case. I picked up this case but in black and thought it was really nice, even durable. After literally 4 days after putting the case on, the color started wearing off. The corners were turning... 4 DAYS LATER! It didn't even leave my room! Obviously I took it back, and now all the reviews for cases say this is one of the best cases. Very disappointed and for $49.99, should have better quality. Atleast wait until 30 days after, geesh. …
- Written by Katelyn T from Parkland
69 of 82 people found this useful
NOT TO BAD
I just bought this cover for my new Mac for school and I got the orange one, it looks great except it doesnt stay on to great. Its I just bought this cover for my new Mac for school and I got the orange one, it looks great except it doesnt stay on to great. Its always slipping off from the bottom part and it was flimsy as well. I keep my mac inside my bag and after reading some others reviews regarding the chipping and cracking of the case, im not surprised. The price was a bit too much for the make and durability.the only positive thing I'll say about the cover is, its a nice color. …
- Written by Christine P A from Waianae
i love the cases and the colors and the fit but i think the price is way to much
- Written by sonya S from Brownsville
I purchased this case 1 year ago when I purchased my Mac Pro. One year later, and both my computer and case are looking fantastic I purchased this case 1 year ago when I purchased my Mac Pro. One year later, and both my computer and case are looking fantastic. I'm not why there are so many negative reviews. I love the turquoise color and I am glad that I purchased the shell case. It was definitely worth the money. …
- Written by Leslie S from Waukesha
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have a 13” Macbook Pro with a DVD player. Does the shell allow access to the DVD slot? I’m guessing no.
- Asked by Kimberly U from Poulsbo
- Aug 17, 2014
Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will al Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will allow access to the DVD drive, the product images verify this. …
- Answered by Alexander S
- Aug 31, 2014
is this pink or purple??
- Asked by Tina G from Ocean Ridge
- Jul 2, 2014
its haze purple, sadly not pink like it looks
- Answered by Louise H
- Jul 8, 2014
is this case also suitable for a macbook air 11" from mid 2012?
- Asked by Noa B
- Aug 22, 2014
Can you see decals with this case on?
- Asked by Audrey R from Round Rock
- Jul 18, 2014
Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colou Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colour. I chose the purple for my 13" Macbook Pro with RD which is actually a very pleasing glossy 'burgundy' colour. …
- Answered by Robert M from Dolls Point
- Aug 23, 2014
does smartshell fit on macbook pro 15 early 2013.
- Asked by Mário T from Praia
- Jul 11, 2014
Do these cases cause overheating? Is there good ventilation?
- Asked by Monika G from Corapeake
- Jul 19, 2014
There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope this helps you! …
- Answered by Brad M from Kitchener
- Aug 9, 2014