Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2560
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709006882
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Brittle shells break!
$50 for this is a complete waste of money. The "genius" who put it onto my new computer had a difficult time getting it to fit. Af $50 for this is a complete waste of money. The "genius" who put it onto my new computer had a difficult time getting it to fit. After six months, the bottom part has cracked and no longer stays on the computer. Total waste of money! …
- Written by Chris U from Coopers Mills
73 of 83 people found this useful
Pretty but too fragile.
I got compliments on the looks of this case, but the first crack appeared within two weeks of purchase. I'm an older adult who tr I got compliments on the looks of this case, but the first crack appeared within two weeks of purchase. I'm an older adult who treats her possessions with care, and I still couldn't prevent this brittle shell from breaking. …
- Written by Janet C from Battle Creek
63 of 76 people found this useful
I have had this case for almost a year now and have not experienced any problems. Still looks good and it has not cracked.
- Written by Sarah T from Yorba Linda
36 of 50 people found this useful
I have to say I loved the look of this case but unfortunately mine has also cracked. The little edges that hold the bottom part of I have to say I loved the look of this case but unfortunately mine has also cracked. The little edges that hold the bottom part of the case on have completely broken off one side so it won't stay on anymore. I am reallllly careful with my laptop, it comes to work with me a few days a week but I am extremely gentle. Not sure how this happened but am very disappointed after paying $50 for it! …
- Written by Emily M from Whistler
0 of 1 people found this useful
Pretty but weak
Looks nice and fits well, but cracks/wears very quickly. This shell case cracked within a few months where the lid is lifted. The Looks nice and fits well, but cracks/wears very quickly. This shell case cracked within a few months where the lid is lifted. The small tabs that hold the bottom in place also weakened and broke off soon after purchase, perhaps from the flex from using it on my lap instead of a stable tabletop. Too bad, because I absolutely love the colour (I got turquoise) and the slim profile. …
- Written by Melanie Y from Pickering
5 of 6 people found this useful
CASE ONLY LASTED ME A WEEK!!
I've only had my case on for about a week and its starting to crack where it snaps onto my computer! I barley used my computer! I I've only had my case on for about a week and its starting to crack where it snaps onto my computer! I barley used my computer! I plan on contacting apple.. Nice case, if it was made more durable. …
- Written by Brittany L from WILTON
4 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have a 13” Macbook Pro with a DVD player. Does the shell allow access to the DVD slot? I’m guessing no.
- Asked by Kimberly U from Poulsbo
- Aug 17, 2014
is this case also suitable for a macbook air 11" from mid 2012?
- Asked by Noa B
- Aug 22, 2014
is this pink or purple??
- Asked by Tina G from Ocean Ridge
- Jul 2, 2014
its haze purple, sadly not pink like it looks
- Answered by Louise H
- Jul 8, 2014
Can you see decals with this case on?
- Asked by Audrey R from Round Rock
- Jul 18, 2014
Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colou Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colour. I chose the purple for my 13" Macbook Pro with RD which is actually a very pleasing glossy 'burgundy' colour. …
- Answered by Robert M from Dolls Point
- Aug 23, 2014
does smartshell fit on macbook pro 15 early 2013.
- Asked by Mário T from Praia
- Jul 11, 2014
Do these cases cause overheating? Is there good ventilation?
- Asked by Monika G from Corapeake
- Jul 19, 2014
There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope this helps you! …
- Answered by Brad M from Kitchener
- Aug 9, 2014