Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2560
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709006882
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Brittle shells break!
$50 for this is a complete waste of money. The "genius" who put it onto my new computer had a difficult time getting it to fit. Af $50 for this is a complete waste of money. The "genius" who put it onto my new computer had a difficult time getting it to fit. After six months, the bottom part has cracked and no longer stays on the computer. Total waste of money! …
- Written by Chris U from Coopers Mills
129 of 154 people found this useful
Pretty but too fragile.
I got compliments on the looks of this case, but the first crack appeared within two weeks of purchase. I'm an older adult who tr I got compliments on the looks of this case, but the first crack appeared within two weeks of purchase. I'm an older adult who treats her possessions with care, and I still couldn't prevent this brittle shell from breaking. …
- Written by Janet C from Battle Creek
121 of 144 people found this useful
I have had this case for almost a year now and have not experienced any problems. Still looks good and it has not cracked.
- Written by Sarah T from Yorba Linda
77 of 100 people found this useful
I have had mine on a 13" MacbookPro Retina for over a year. It has taken the dings and bumps that would have gone to the computer I have had mine on a 13" MacbookPro Retina for over a year. It has taken the dings and bumps that would have gone to the computer if not for this great shell. Some reviewers have commented on dissatisfaction when they dinged and scratched the case. If not for this case, the computer would have suffered, so it did its job, just as mine has done! …
- Written by Ronald E from New Bern
Very disappointed in this poorly constructed product
This is the worst product I have ever purchased. I'm not surprised there is a 14 day return policy. I think they new it wouldn't This is the worst product I have ever purchased. I'm not surprised there is a 14 day return policy. I think they new it wouldn't hold up for 30 days. The fit is poor and its far to fragile to be called a "case". It literally cracked15 days after delivery. It looks good but it is inferior in quality and durability. Don't waste your money!! …
- Written by GERALDINE O from EVANSTON
1 of 1 people found this useful
Waste of money!!!
i haven't had this smart shell for very long, and its all ready cracking at the bottom, which is preventing it from staying on. Th i haven't had this smart shell for very long, and its all ready cracking at the bottom, which is preventing it from staying on. The shell is very brittle and defiantly not worth the money. …
- Written by Rachel C from Picton
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I'm wondering whether Spec 13" smartshell case with Herschel supply co. 13" anchor sleeve works for the new macbook pro retina.
- Asked by Jonghee C from Seoul
- May 17, 2015
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
- Jul 6, 2013
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga
- Sep 9, 2013
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it sh the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it should fit fine because there's never been a 11.0 inch macbook air …
- Answered by James D
- Jan 3, 2015