Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2559
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709007094
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Smart, No -- Speck, yes
Horrible waste of $52. Am very particular about my computer, very protective of it in every way. This was the only protective case Horrible waste of $52. Am very particular about my computer, very protective of it in every way. This was the only protective case the Apple store had it when I bought my newest MacBook Air. Cracked in many places within three months--despite the care I gave it. Saw a lady in a hotel's breakfast area with the same computer, same case. Hers cracked also despite her protection of the computer.
Bottom line: this is but a speck of protection for any MacBook Air! …
- Written by Chris U from Coopers Mills
228 of 251 people found this useful
A decent case, but not worth the money
The case is 50 dollars. And I would hope to get something better. The case is difficult to get on at first use, and is also a pai The case is 50 dollars. And I would hope to get something better. The case is difficult to get on at first use, and is also a pain when using it. If my computer is open at more than 90 degrees _| (like that) the lid falls back _/ (like that). I got clear, and it is nice, and it does add a bit of extra weight to the product, but the design is okay, it just bothers me that it always falls all the way back whenever I'm using it …
- Written by Mark R
151 of 166 people found this useful
Better than Others
I had originally gone with a similarly priced Incipio snap-on case from Bestbuy but it wouldn't fit properly and the screen had to I had originally gone with a similarly priced Incipio snap-on case from Bestbuy but it wouldn't fit properly and the screen had to be forced past 90 degrees, plus every time I opened my Air the top cover would pop off. I returned it and ordered this one. The initial installation can be tricky, but once installed it is a great product and well worth the price considering the alternative cost the same.
I give it 4 stars for the tough installation, but highly recommend it. …
- Written by John L from Brampton
100 of 122 people found this useful
I loved it when I first got it but it cracks all the time. Just from setting it on my couch there are cracks everywhere. For the p I loved it when I first got it but it cracks all the time. Just from setting it on my couch there are cracks everywhere. For the price this case doesn't hold up at all. …
- Written by Hayley M from Red Deer
Terrible Waste of Money
My Speck case started to crack in the first month. By the third month, it was garbage. I recently bought another, much cheaper cas My Speck case started to crack in the first month. By the third month, it was garbage. I recently bought another, much cheaper case from another company and it's 10 times better for half the price! Don't waste your money on this one! …
- Written by Rachel G from Kilbride
2 of 2 people found this useful
AWFUL, cracked within weeks of purchase
This product is not worth anywhere near $50! The plastic shell began to crack within weeks of purchasing it. I don't travel with m This product is not worth anywhere near $50! The plastic shell began to crack within weeks of purchasing it. I don't travel with my laptop and when I do it's in a soft sleeve. I should have saved my receipt and packaging... also read reviews before buying. Save your $50 for a better product, I know there's one out there. …
- Written by Alexandra K from WEST SAINT PAUL
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I'm wondering whether Spec 13" smartshell case with Herschel supply co. 13" anchor sleeve works for the new macbook pro retina.
- Asked by Jonghee C from Seoul
- May 17, 2015
Does this case fit a macbook pro from early 2011? model number 700 or 720
- Asked by Haya D from Jacksonville
- Apr 7, 2015
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
- Jul 6, 2013
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga
- Sep 9, 2013
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it sh the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it should fit fine because there's never been a 11.0 inch macbook air …
- Answered by James D
- Jan 3, 2015