Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2559
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709007094
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Smart, No -- Speck, yes
Horrible waste of $52. Am very particular about my computer, very protective of it in every way. This was the only protective case Horrible waste of $52. Am very particular about my computer, very protective of it in every way. This was the only protective case the Apple store had it when I bought my newest MacBook Air. Cracked in many places within three months--despite the care I gave it. Saw a lady in a hotel's breakfast area with the same computer, same case. Hers cracked also despite her protection of the computer.
Bottom line: this is but a speck of protection for any MacBook Air! …
- Written by Chris U from Coopers Mills
83 of 94 people found this useful
A decent case, but not worth the money
The case is 50 dollars. And I would hope to get something better. The case is difficult to get on at first use, and is also a pai The case is 50 dollars. And I would hope to get something better. The case is difficult to get on at first use, and is also a pain when using it. If my computer is open at more than 90 degrees _| (like that) the lid falls back _/ (like that). I got clear, and it is nice, and it does add a bit of extra weight to the product, but the design is okay, it just bothers me that it always falls all the way back whenever I'm using it …
- Written by Mark R
58 of 66 people found this useful
Better than Others
I had originally gone with a similarly priced Incipio snap-on case from Bestbuy but it wouldn't fit properly and the screen had to I had originally gone with a similarly priced Incipio snap-on case from Bestbuy but it wouldn't fit properly and the screen had to be forced past 90 degrees, plus every time I opened my Air the top cover would pop off. I returned it and ordered this one. The initial installation can be tricky, but once installed it is a great product and well worth the price considering the alternative cost the same.
I give it 4 stars for the tough installation, but highly recommend it. …
- Written by John L from Brampton
38 of 45 people found this useful
worst case ever.
I bought one last year for my mac. Its never fit the mac properly yet i bought the right specs. It took me forever to get the case I bought one last year for my mac. Its never fit the mac properly yet i bought the right specs. It took me forever to get the case, cause they didn't have the colour i wanted at first.The one i have is broken and only on the bottom. What bothers me is i bought this product to take care of my mac and its left white marks on the bottom of my computer and scratch marks on it. So not worth it. Im so annoyed that I've bought this as well. …
- Written by Tammy F from ajax
I have had this case for a little over a month now on my MacBook Air. I like it, because I hate having scratches on my things, esp I have had this case for a little over a month now on my MacBook Air. I like it, because I hate having scratches on my things, especially something as expensive as the Air. I bought this case to prevent it from being damaged from spills and scratches. So far, my laptop looks just like the day I bought it, and nothing has spilled on it, but the case seems pretty tightly fastened on the laptop. But, I can't help but wonder if you could get a different case for cheaper that works just as well as this one does. I like it the case, not so much the price, but if you're not so worried about money, then go for it! …
- Written by Jess K from West Seneca
1 of 1 people found this useful
Going swap it out!
I purchased this product at the store only to prevent my macbook air from getting scratched and marked up. As soon as i placed it I purchased this product at the store only to prevent my macbook air from getting scratched and marked up. As soon as i placed it on, one of the corners were made short and it wouldn't snap on, I also noticed that another corner was loose....thats because it was cracked. :/ very disappointed, I am going to swap this one out, hopefully the next will be made properly. …
- Written by Jena P from Marrero
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Do these cases cause overheating? Is there good ventilation?
- Asked by Monika G from Corapeake
- Jul 19, 2014
There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope this helps you! …
- Answered by Brad M from Kitchener
- Aug 9, 2014
is this pink or purple??
- Asked by Tina G from Ocean Ridge
- Jul 2, 2014
its haze purple, sadly not pink like it looks
- Answered by Louise H
- Jul 8, 2014
does smartshell fit on macbook pro 15 early 2013.
- Asked by Mário T from Praia
- Jul 11, 2014
Does it fit the MacBook Pro without the retina display?
- Asked by Denise M from Bellaire
- Jun 11, 2013
Yes, just be sure to select that specific model before purchase.
- Answered by Brandon S from Abbeville
- Jun 12, 2013
i have a macbook, not a macbook pro. does anyone know if they sell cases for them?
- Asked by Siri Y
- Aug 18, 2013
Does the Speck MBP smart shell come with keyboard protection?
- Asked by Natalie V from Marathon
- Aug 5, 2013
It does not. Although we do have keyboard protectors available in store and online.
- Answered by Erica A from San Francisco
- Aug 7, 2014