Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2559
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709007094
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Smart, No -- Speck, yes
Horrible waste of $52. Am very particular about my computer, very protective of it in every way. This was the only protective case Horrible waste of $52. Am very particular about my computer, very protective of it in every way. This was the only protective case the Apple store had it when I bought my newest MacBook Air. Cracked in many places within three months--despite the care I gave it. Saw a lady in a hotel's breakfast area with the same computer, same case. Hers cracked also despite her protection of the computer.
Bottom line: this is but a speck of protection for any MacBook Air! …
- Written by Chris U from Coopers Mills
200 of 221 people found this useful
A decent case, but not worth the money
The case is 50 dollars. And I would hope to get something better. The case is difficult to get on at first use, and is also a pai The case is 50 dollars. And I would hope to get something better. The case is difficult to get on at first use, and is also a pain when using it. If my computer is open at more than 90 degrees _| (like that) the lid falls back _/ (like that). I got clear, and it is nice, and it does add a bit of extra weight to the product, but the design is okay, it just bothers me that it always falls all the way back whenever I'm using it …
- Written by Mark R
130 of 145 people found this useful
Better than Others
I had originally gone with a similarly priced Incipio snap-on case from Bestbuy but it wouldn't fit properly and the screen had to I had originally gone with a similarly priced Incipio snap-on case from Bestbuy but it wouldn't fit properly and the screen had to be forced past 90 degrees, plus every time I opened my Air the top cover would pop off. I returned it and ordered this one. The initial installation can be tricky, but once installed it is a great product and well worth the price considering the alternative cost the same.
I give it 4 stars for the tough installation, but highly recommend it. …
- Written by John L from Brampton
88 of 109 people found this useful
A poor quality product
I had this case on for 1 day, and one of the clasps cracked. Since then, the case sometimes will slip off, and even more of the c I had this case on for 1 day, and one of the clasps cracked. Since then, the case sometimes will slip off, and even more of the clasps have broken. The top half is okay, but the bottom half of the case is dreadful.
Before I bought this case, I spent half the money to get a hard shell case on Amazon (and it came with a keyboard and screen protector!), and it lasted for 3 years. This has lasted 2 months, so I'm never buying this brand again. Buyer beware! …
- Written by Janelle K from Keene
Above Average Case.
Pros: - Customize / Personalize your Macbook to give it that "you" flair.
- Protect your Macbook from every day scuf Pros: - Customize / Personalize your Macbook to give it that "you" flair.
- Protect your Macbook from every day scuffs and scratches, awful gouging and dents
- Offers some drop protection ( off of lap, short distance.. with in reason)
- Poor Packaging can often cause the case to arrive already scratched ( edit* They have recently started a new package design to address this)
- The corner clips of the case have an unfortunate frequency of cracking off
- Protection from dropping is an absolute minimum ( But really .... don't drop your computer)
I work In an APR and we sell speck, I've seen customers return unhappy with the integrity of the case ( Cracking, splitting, clips breaking )
and I've seen customers come in saying that their friends won't shut up about the case and that they have to get one too.
I personally have never had one of my speck cases break, crack or split, I would recommend this product.
My Red Pro and Blue Air have never looked better, Talk about increasing your resale value, no scratches at all? Cha Ching. …
- Written by David B from Mount pearl
Speck Macbook Air Case
I purchased this case for my 13 inch macbook air yesterday in calypso blue. For $50, I hoped for something more with a longer warr I purchased this case for my 13 inch macbook air yesterday in calypso blue. For $50, I hoped for something more with a longer warranty than 1 year. I can already see scratches on the front that are quite visible.. Other than that, I like the color and feel better knowing that my laptop is somewhat protected. I also enjoy that you can see the apple logo through the case and it lights up. …
- Written by Robin J from Ashland
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
- Sep 18, 2014
Does this fit the white macbook 13inch 2006 0r 2008 model??
- Asked by James D from Palmerston North
- Jun 29, 2013
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
- Jul 6, 2013
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga
- Sep 9, 2013