The Braven BRV-1 Bluetooth speaker lets you share up to 12 hours of music from your iPhone, iPod, or iPad wherever the action takes you. Whether you're hiking the back country, skiing, rafting, or just relaxing on the beach, this IPX5-certified water-resistant, shock-absorbent, ultra-lightweight, palm-sized design can keep you rocking.
- IPX-5 water-resistant and ruggedized shockproof body
- Up to 12 hours of continuous play via rechargeable battery
- Charges your other USB mobile devices
- Make hands-free calls with built-in speakerphone
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity
- Line-in connection for non-Bluetooth devices
- Battery check button shows battery charge left
- Loop and lanyard for easy carrying
Did you notice?The rechargeable lithium polymer battery provides up to 12 hours of play.
Apple Recommends ForListening to the music from your iPhone, iPod, or iPad via Bluetooth wireless in any environment.
What's in the Box?
- Braven BRV-1 Bluetooth Rugged Speaker
- Quick start guide
- 3.5mm cable
- Micro USB charging cable
- Wrist lanyard
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features: Bluetooth
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Speaker Configurations: Stereo
- Power Source: Battery Power, USB
- Batteries: Lithium Polymer
- Height: 2.25 in./5.71 cm
- Width: 4.75 in./12.06 cm
- Weight: 12.2 oz./346 g
- Length: 3.25 in./8.25 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: BRV1BBB
- UPC or EAN No.: 817729010841
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
Ratings & Reviews
Awesome! Waterproof, great sound, good bass, and indestructible!!
This little sucker is awesome! It's basically waterproof (manufacturer says otherwise, but mines taken a dip in the lake a few ti This little sucker is awesome! It's basically waterproof (manufacturer says otherwise, but mines taken a dip in the lake a few times and come out just fine). The thing has great bass for how small it is and good clarity. It is pretty much indestructible; been run over with a car, dropped down a few cliffs, etc. and other than some scuffs to the rubber the sucker keeps on rockin! Great bluetooth range as well and easy to connect. Controls on the speaker work fantastic to switch songs, pause, etc. It's a great little speaker, definitely buy it if you like your tunes to join you in the outdoors or very wet environments (hot tub with your personal playlist by your side). …
- Written by Michol S from Woods Cross
47 of 52 people found this useful
Bang for the Buck!
The BRV-1 is tough and sounds great. I have one and have given several to clients and friends as gifts. They are 100% indestruct The BRV-1 is tough and sounds great. I have one and have given several to clients and friends as gifts. They are 100% indestructible. I have dropped mine into the pool more than once (I am clumsy) and it still functions like new.
Braven makes a great product. The sound quality is great considering the small footprint and fair price.
If you are considering a speaker for the beach or poolside, the BRV-1 is ideal. Plus, you can charge your phone on the go. This is a great feature when traveling.
The 12 hour play time per charge is very handy.
If you are on the fence about a Bluetooth speaker, don't hesitate to give the BRV-1 a try! …
- Written by Cheor K from Houston
37 of 40 people found this useful
This baby has amazing sound quality and is basically indestructible. Wireless, pure, clean sound from a very well built product, w This baby has amazing sound quality and is basically indestructible. Wireless, pure, clean sound from a very well built product, what more can you ask for? You will not be disappointed. This is definitely one of the best things I have ever spent money on, Yes, it is that useful and nice to listen to. If you want to bring your music with you wherever you go, this is what you want. …
- Written by Jennifer M from Ross
19 of 20 people found this useful
Very impressed on the sound!!
This thing is very small and only bought it because I had a gift card because I think it is kind of expensive but I think it would This thing is very small and only bought it because I had a gift card because I think it is kind of expensive but I think it would be worth buying! It is extremely loud and doesn't distort the music at full volume at all. I have not tested it in water but I don't really have any intentions to get it wet. I really like the little thing and the bluetooth works perfectly even though there was a review saying something different. The battery also lasts for a very long time! …
- Written by Austin T from Prophetstown
1 of 2 people found this useful
Awesome little speaker!
This little guy is exactly what they say - rugged! It's great for camping, on a boat, or just general use - indoors or out. And This little guy is exactly what they say - rugged! It's great for camping, on a boat, or just general use - indoors or out. And surprisingly, it sounds pretty awesome! I've heard some bad bluetooth speakers, but this one has a good tone with bass. Highly recommended! I might buy two: one for the cabin and one for at home! …
- Written by Corey R from Regina
4 of 5 people found this useful
I have now owned two of these... they are awful. I own a whitewater rafting company and bought these for the guides to listen to w I have now owned two of these... they are awful. I own a whitewater rafting company and bought these for the guides to listen to while doing work outside; the thing drops signal, is always turning off at random, and is just an outright waste of money. The company is a shifty one also. I dealt with them so much I think I developed a migraine... We have plenty of other bluetooth items, this isn't user error, this is a defective product and a manufacturer that is out to make a buck without earning it. …
- Written by Luke B from Bellingham
6 of 11 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is the battery recharged by using an AC adapter or USB?
- Asked by Randy J from Alden
- Jan 21, 2015
How is the bass sound.
- Asked by Abdiel P from Wesley Chapel
- Jul 24, 2014
very good for the price
- Answered by Mary S from Nashville
- Aug 5, 2014
How many feet away from the source will the speaker work?
- Asked by Bill B from Macon
- Jul 26, 2014