The KEF X300AW Wireless Digital HiFi Speaker System lets you experience truly accurate high-fidelity sound via AirPlay wireless streaming from your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Designed for Mac, iOS, and Windows devices, the X300A speakers are all about making your music enjoyment both easier and more intense.
Like a professional studio monitor, each X300A wireless speaker has two dedicated class AB amplifiers–one for LF/MF and one for HF–to ensure uncompromised, distortion-free sound reproduction. In addition, toroidal transformers of the type specified for audiophile grade hi-fi amps help minimize speaker hum and electromagnetic interference. And a digital USB connection between speakers turns your Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod into a source of listening pleasure that meets high-fidelity standards.
- Listen to pure high-fidelity sound via AirPlay wireless from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod
- Dedicated high-quality DAC in each speaker eliminates nearly all interference by separating decoding from playback
- Reproduces the full depth and complexity of high-resolution music files to the same standard as the artist intended
- A balance switch on the back of the master speaker lets you optimize the sound depending on where you place the speakers
- Designed for use with Mac OS X, iOS, and Windows operating systems
Did you notice?A dedicated high quality DAC in each speaker virtually removes interference by separating decoding from playback.
Apple Recommends ForExperience highly accurate sound via AirPlay wireless from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod.
What's in the Box?
- Pair of KEF X300AW Wireless Digital Hifi Speakers
- Power cable
- Inter-speaker connections
- Product guide
- Speaker Configurations: Stereo
- Drivers: 58Hz-28kHz
- AirPlay works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 4.3.3 or later; Mac with OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.0) or later; and Mac or PC with iTunes 10.2.2 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: X300AW
- UPC or EAN No.: 637203209550
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two years
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
Ratings & Reviews
Expensive, but worth it!
When I bought a pair of these KEF X300AW wireless speakers I thought maybe I over spent. WRONG! Simple to set up and they sound in When I bought a pair of these KEF X300AW wireless speakers I thought maybe I over spent. WRONG! Simple to set up and they sound incredible. I'm hearing things I've never heard before on songs I've listened to for 20 years! The Airplay feature works flawlessly. No delay, no loss of of either low or high end sounds. They work beautifully on my iMac, then redirect preferences to my Apple TV and perfecto! I ended up not having to buy a separate set of speakers for the computer and the tv. I don't usually recommend stuff, but I've had these now for several months and they still sound as good as DAY 1. Expensive, but in the long run well worth the dough. …
- Written by Danny K from Chester
23 of 23 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Do you have to connect both speakers together or can they be used independently?
- Asked by Samuel B from Grand Rapids
- Dec 20, 2014
KEF X300AW Wireless Digital Hifi Speaker System. Do both cabinets require 120v a/c power?
- Asked by John L from Aptos
- Feb 6, 2014
Yes both units have power cables which need to be plugged in to a power outlet they are then connect Yes both units have power cables which need to be plugged in to a power outlet they are then connected together by a USB cable.
Setting up is fiddly best to do it with your laptop and go directly to the url in the manual, the performance is superb and using an app like VOX or similar you can control them from the desktop, mine are in another room which means the whole apartment has music.
- Answered by Michael S
- Apr 1, 2014