With eight lockable positions the handle lets you easily grip your iPad. The durable strap is comfortable for any hand size.
When you're on the go, the integrated handle makes carrying a breeze and helps prevent accidental damage.
You can stand your iPad at whatever angle you find best for typing, reading, viewing, gaming and calling on your iPad. There's also 360-degree rotation with eight lockable positions for your choice of landscape or portrait orientation.
- Integrated handle and strap for easy reading, typing, gaming, viewing, and calling on your iPad
- Strong and lightweight ABS case engineered for protection
- Robust and durable construction stands up to your daily travels
- Long-lasting strap offers a secure fit for any hand size
- Precision engineered case snap-fits to iPad corners, holding it securely in place
- Provides full access to all ports and function buttons
- Compatible with the Apple Smart Cover for full protection
Did you notice?Stand your iPad at any angle and in portrait or landscape position for maximum comfort.
Apple Recommends ForConveniently carry, use, and protect your iPad.
What's in the Box?
- Native Union GRIPSTER Case
- Instruction sheet
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On, X-Ray Friendly
- Material: Hard Plastic, Soft Touch
- Height: 0.98 in/2.5 cm
- Width: 5.43 in./13.8 cm
- Weight: 4.73 oz./134 g
- Length: 7.91 in./20.1 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: G-AIR-GRY
- UPC or EAN No.: 846654007152
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
One of the best cases I've used w/every iPad
Don't often review apple product accessories but this case is worthy. I purchased mine at the 5th Avenue store in NYC while on a b Don't often review apple product accessories but this case is worthy. I purchased mine at the 5th Avenue store in NYC while on a business trip. Needed a new wireless hotspot on Verizon so I got an iPad with Verizon service...yeah, my fiancee shook her head too, no shame.
While in the store (May 13, 2014) I found the Native Union Gripster Case when I went to pick up a Smart Case and gave it a quick look over. One of the Geniuses said I could take the case out and handle it, so I did. Definitely different than anything I'd used before and far more useful than the others I'd used as well. When laying in bed, the grip on the back rotates/clicks into place, making it comfortable in nearly any relaxing position without constantly gripping the ipad or holding your arm above your head.
Car Travel: When waiting for the ol' lady in the car, the stand of the gripster can hang off the steering wheel while browsing/watching things on the iPad. My fiancee (always "lets" me drive) loves the hand grip but will flip out the stand and let the ipad hang on the door of the window when she starts rummaging through her purse or other bags.
Air Travel: In the terminal, the grip slides under my carryon bag handle so it doesn't fall off if your bag gets nudged. When I'm on the plane, I take one of my fiancee's thick hair thingies (like a sturdy rubber band) and loop it around the gripster stand and it will hang from the tray table latch; useful for when they make you put your tray table up or you are using the table for other things. I love this thing for travel!
Sturdy Hand Strap (tight and high quality)
Works with the Apple Smart Cover (not smart case)
Cons: (I'll call it a half con)
Security tab on upper left corner sometimes comes 1/2 way up, not causing a concern, just something I noticed on mine. …
- Written by Jeremy D from Hattiesburg
36 of 38 people found this useful
I am a museum docent giving tours to large groups with an iPad. So, I need a handle on the back to pan the image to the group. I I am a museum docent giving tours to large groups with an iPad. So, I need a handle on the back to pan the image to the group. I've used several kinds of cases with a handle on the back. I like this one the best because it is slim, fits in my bag, AND it also has a handle for carrying that becomes a stand. Now, I don't need two different cases, one for the museum and one for home. INGENIOUS! …
- Written by Jan L from San Francisco
55 of 56 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does this case protect the iPad if its dropped?
- Asked by Roxanne R from Mcminnville
- Jul 19, 2014
NO!!! This case is amazing, but provides no protection. My iPad screen has shattered twice in the NO!!! This case is amazing, but provides no protection. My iPad screen has shattered twice in the last two weeks while using the Gripster. These weren't big falls either- one time it slipped off the couch when I sat down, and landed on the rug two feet below. The other time, it fell out of my bag when I leaned over and landed on a wood floor. I should point out that I used my iPad Mini Retina with the Apple Smart Cover for six months before the purchasing the Native Union Gripster, and although it left something to be desired (folding to prop was unstable, not many angles, couldn't prop in portrait orientation, cover got in the way when taking pictures), it kept my iPad safe and sound, without any scratches or shatters, for six months. I am returning the Gripster and going back to my Apple Smart Cover- I have learned my lesson :-/ …
- Answered by Dana S from Canton
- Jul 21, 2014
Will this fit the iPad mini WITHOUT retina display?
- Asked by James L
- Aug 18, 2014