Speck's SmartShell case works together with your Apple Smart Cover to provide full coverage of your iPad. Made from form-fitting hard plastic and just 1.2 mm thick, SmartShell delivers sleek, impact-resistant protection. Plus, the back of the case securely attaches to the magnet in your Smart Cover when fully opened.
- Specifically designed for iPad, the SmartShell is an ideal match for your Apple Smart Cover
- Wrap-around convenience—the SmartShell secures the Smart Cover in place when open, allowing it to lie fat from edge to spine
- Ultra-thin (1.2 mm), durable shell offers a solid protective layer
- Lightweight one-piece design is easy to snap on and off
- Cases for iPad are compatible with iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation); cases for iPad mini are compatible with iPad mini; cases for iPad mini with Retina display are compatible with iPad mini with Retina display
Did you notice?SmartShell secures your Smart Cover in place when open by using the Smart Cover's magnet to attach to the SmartShell metal connector.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your iPad light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for iPad
- Form Factor: Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Height: 0.65 in./1.65 cm
- Width: 5.7 in./14.48 cm
- Weight: 4.48 oz./127.01 g
- Length: 8 in./20.32 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2526
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709006547
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
TWO SPECK SMARTSHELL CASES IN TWO WEEKS
For the first two weeks, this case was practically perfect in all the ways I was hoping for with a case. Ive purchased probably cl For the first two weeks, this case was practically perfect in all the ways I was hoping for with a case. Ive purchased probably close to 20 different cases for my ipad mini since the mini and now retina have debuted. The magnet on the back of the case fits perfectly with the smart cover. However less than two weeks later, the magnet (which mustve been glued with a cheap bottle of elmer's peeled off.
Poof, gone! And now no way to close the case with both a smart cover attached magentically to the speckcase and frankly the plastic is poorly made and just cheap. …
- Written by Stephen K from San Francisco
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is the entire case the same color.? Images show the front as blue with only the back as black or white!
- Asked by Kevin S from River View
- Jan 17, 2014
The case is black or clear and covers the back of the iPad. The blue cover you see in the photos is The case is black or clear and covers the back of the iPad. The blue cover you see in the photos is a Smart Cover sold separately. …
- Answered by Alice E L from Media
- Jan 31, 2014
Will this fit with the new ipad mini with ratina?
- Asked by Worapong W from Oak Park
- Nov 18, 2013
It doesn't have a cut out for the extra mic (at the back). Also on Speck's website, it shows a smart It doesn't have a cut out for the extra mic (at the back). Also on Speck's website, it shows a smartshell case for the retina version, but it says "coming soon", so I would think if they are releasing a case specifically for the retina version, I would imagine the original one isn't compatible. I have asked Speck if they know the release date for the new case but they don't know yet. …
- Answered by Julie B
- Dec 1, 2013
Does the Speck SmartShell Case work for iPad AIR?
- Asked by Charles D from Madison
- Dec 11, 2013
Can the speck smart shell case stands upright with d smart case cover when folded
- Asked by Bakre O from Abeokuta
- Sep 29, 2013
Can this be used while using a smart COVER?
- Asked by Heather E from Massapequa
- Sep 19, 2013
yes it can, on the left side there is a blank spot just for the smart case.
- Answered by Eric M from Valrico
- Sep 22, 2013