Sleek and minimalist, the Tech21 Impact Mesh case for iPad Air delivers serious protection thanks to the D3O material used in its construction. That's possible because the molecules within D3O lock together to absorb the energy of an impact and disperse it away from your iPad Air.
The Impact Mesh case wraps around the corners and back of your iPad Air, providing a secure fit and maintaining full access to all ports and function buttons. Plus it's fully compatible with the Apple Smart Cover.
- Fully integrated case with D3O military-grade impact protection material
- Dotted design for sleek, minimalistic look
- Encases all sides of the iPad to provide a secure fit and feel
- Full access to all ports and function buttons
- Slim design ensures full protection without added bulk
- 100% compatible with the Apple smart Cover for full protection
Did you notice?The Impact Mesh is fully compatible with the Apple Smart Cover allowing you to keep every inch of your iPad Air protected.
Apple Recommends ForKeeping your iPad Air safe from bumps and scratches as you go about your day.
What's in the Box?
- Tech21 Impact Mesh Case for iPad Air
- Material: D3O, TPU
- Height: 0.43 in./1.1 cm
- Width: 6.93 in./17.6 cm
- Weight: 4.06 oz./115 g
- Length: 9.65 in./24.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: T21-3874
- UPC or EAN No.: 5055517331609
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
not like what's pictured in your head
I was hoping this case would be nice and grippy. 'Snot grippy. It's actually rather slick. It could easily allow your iPad Air to I was hoping this case would be nice and grippy. 'Snot grippy. It's actually rather slick. It could easily allow your iPad Air to slip right out of your hands.
Also, I hate anyone who would name their company Tech21. …
- Written by Stan P from Charlotte
7 of 46 people found this useful
Fantastic alternative to the Apple Smart Case!
Picked this up at my local apple store b/c I wanted to see in person how great the air would actually look in these colored frames Picked this up at my local apple store b/c I wanted to see in person how great the air would actually look in these colored frames-they're really true to picture! I got the smokey gray color and I adore it with my black apple Smart Cover, they look like lost soul mates since they pair together so well for full protection! Chose this combo over the apple Smart Case b/c I wanted the option to remove the cover so I can avoid it flapping around when not needed or in the way of using my camera if it were folded to the back. Needed a case that gave me horizontal/vertical/typewriter angles, but I didn't want a bulky folio so I also got the Twelve South Compass 2 for ipad which looks real elegant like propped with my air in this frame. The grip while holding my air is MUCH improved even tho its back is very smooth; it's got that "I'm not sliding anywhere" feel. Finger prints do slightly show on the back but no biggie as mines in a dark color. No compromising the light weight of the air considering the protection promised. …
- Written by Ladee W from Aloha
28 of 29 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will it work with the BodyGuardz ScreenGuardz Pure?
- Asked by Tom W from Salt Lake City
- May 28, 2014
is this compatible with the Logitech UltraThin Folio?
- Asked by Lisa R from Oak Brook
- May 1, 2014
I own an iPad Mini R, a Tech 21 impact mesh and the Ultrathin Logitech keyboard folio. The Tech 21 I own an iPad Mini R, a Tech 21 impact mesh and the Ultrathin Logitech keyboard folio. The Tech 21 and the Folio can not be used at the same time. The Mini becomes too thick on the upper edges, with the Tech on it, to fit into the Folio tabs. …
- Answered by David T from Westlake
- May 2, 2014
Does the pink smartcover match the pink teck21?
- Asked by Janice D from Lodi
- Jul 10, 2014
No answers yet
I have the Logitech keyboard. Is this case compatible with that?
- Asked by Jane R from Foxboro
- Jan 23, 2014
You can not double up on cases with ANY case. You CAN add an Apple Smart cover - and use it togeth You can not double up on cases with ANY case. You CAN add an Apple Smart cover - and use it together with this case, but that's all.
If you are asking ONLY about the keys on the keyboard - this case like any other case will not interfere with the bluetooth connection.
So you could use the tech 21 Mesh, together with an Apple Smart cover to prop up the iPad mini on a table. You could then use a keyboard with the iPad mini in the Tech21 case, but you would not be able to mount the iPad mini onto the keyboard slot or keyboard folio cover. The devices would remain completely separate. In this example the Logitech ultra thin keyboard would work well, but the smart cover, not the slot on the Logitech keyboard cover is what would prop up the iPad for viewing. …
- Answered by David K from Toronto
- May 30, 2014
will it work with the Apple smart cover?
- Asked by Gary S from Saint Louis
- May 16, 2014
The Apple Smart Cover will snap right into place with the Tech 21 installed on the iPad-yes they wor The Apple Smart Cover will snap right into place with the Tech 21 installed on the iPad-yes they work together. …
- Answered by David T from Westlake
- May 18, 2014