Sleek and minimalist, the Tech21 Impact Mesh case for iPad Air delivers serious protection thanks to the D3O material used in its construction. That's possible because the molecules within D3O lock together to absorb the energy of an impact and disperse it away from your iPad Air.
The Impact Mesh case wraps around the corners and back of your iPad Air, providing a secure fit and maintaining full access to all ports and function buttons. Plus it's fully compatible with the Apple Smart Cover.
- Fully integrated case with D3O military-grade impact protection material
- Dotted design for sleek, minimalistic look
- Encases all sides of the iPad to provide a secure fit and feel
- Full access to all ports and function buttons
- Slim design ensures full protection without added bulk
- 100% compatible with the Apple smart Cover for full protection
Did you notice?The Impact Mesh is fully compatible with the Apple Smart Cover allowing you to keep every inch of your iPad Air protected.
Apple Recommends ForKeeping your iPad Air safe from bumps and scratches as you go about your day.
What's in the Box?
- Tech21 Impact Mesh Case for iPad Air
- Material: D3O, TPU
- Height: 0.43 in./1.1 cm
- Width: 6.93 in./17.6 cm
- Weight: 4.06 oz./115 g
- Length: 9.65 in./24.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: T21-3874
- UPC or EAN No.: 5055517331609
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Design is smart, a couple drawbacks, good for traveling
This is my first Tech21 case. I had high hopes, and while the design is really very good (really), it is a little bulky for my tas This is my first Tech21 case. I had high hopes, and while the design is really very good (really), it is a little bulky for my taste, so minus 1 star for that. The other negative I have is the back, which is that shiny type of smooth rubbery plastic that shows fingerprints like mad. Ahh drives me a little nuts but I don't see the back much, so I'm telling myself it's OK.
Back to the design really quick, there are a couple of awesome features. There is a cutout along the right side so you can easily open your iPad smart cover. This can be tricky with other back covers I've used, so a very nifty and useful feature. Also the reason you buy this thing is the protection it offers, and the orange goo running around the edges should deliver that very well, even though the edges do bulge out a bit due to the additional cushion.
Lastly, it does add some weight. This is not a slim profile case, but will be great for traveling or taking the iPad out of the house. …
- Written by Cliff C from Waverly
1 of 1 people found this useful
not like what's pictured in your head
I was hoping this case would be nice and grippy. 'Snot grippy. It's actually rather slick. It could easily allow your iPad Air to I was hoping this case would be nice and grippy. 'Snot grippy. It's actually rather slick. It could easily allow your iPad Air to slip right out of your hands.
Also, I hate anyone who would name their company Tech21. …
- Written by Stan P from Charlotte
12 of 66 people found this useful
Fantastic alternative to the Apple Smart Case!
Picked this up at my local apple store b/c I wanted to see in person how great the air would actually look in these colored frames Picked this up at my local apple store b/c I wanted to see in person how great the air would actually look in these colored frames-they're really true to picture! I got the smokey gray color and I adore it with my black apple Smart Cover, they look like lost soul mates since they pair together so well for full protection! Chose this combo over the apple Smart Case b/c I wanted the option to remove the cover so I can avoid it flapping around when not needed or in the way of using my camera if it were folded to the back. Needed a case that gave me horizontal/vertical/typewriter angles, but I didn't want a bulky folio so I also got the Twelve South Compass 2 for ipad which looks real elegant like propped with my air in this frame. The grip while holding my air is MUCH improved even tho its back is very smooth; it's got that "I'm not sliding anywhere" feel. Finger prints do slightly show on the back but no biggie as mines in a dark color. No compromising the light weight of the air considering the protection promised. …
- Written by Ladee W from Aloha
39 of 43 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this case fit iPad Air 2?
- Asked by Kristian D from Lincoln Park
- Oct 24, 2014
No, unfortunately the Tech21 Impact Mesh for iPad Air does not fit the iPad Air 2: although the ca No, unfortunately the Tech21 Impact Mesh for iPad Air does not fit the iPad Air 2: although the case itself fits well, the hole for the camera is misaligned so that the mesh overlays the actual camera of the iPad Air 2. Great pity! I have to take the case back to the Apple Store today, and hope that an iPad Air 2 case is produced soon, because I absolutely love these cases! …
- Answered by Karen W from Pennington
- Oct 29, 2014
Will iPad 4 fit in an iPad 5 Air case?
- Asked by Brooke C from Cibolo
- Nov 11, 2014
Do they have a tech21 case for a 2nd or 3rd generation iPad?
- Asked by Constance S from The Villages
- Nov 13, 2014
Can you charge the iPad without taking the case off?
- Asked by Kelli C from Mount Joy
- Aug 15, 2014
Does this case fit iPad mini retina display?
- Asked by Lisa H from Eastern Passage
- Dec 25, 2013
Yes - it fits because the ipad mini and ipad mini 2 are same size
but the microphone which is now Yes - it fits because the ipad mini and ipad mini 2 are same size
but the microphone which is now on the back of the ipad mini retina display will be covered !! …
- Answered by Sujan K from Toride
- Dec 29, 2013
Do I still need a Smart Cover with the tech21 impact case?
- Asked by Patti T from Cody
- Jul 2, 2014
I use the Smart Cover along with the Tech 21 for best protection.
- Answered by David T from Westlake
- Jul 24, 2014