Sleek and minimalist, the Tech21 Impact Mesh case for iPad mini delivers serious protection thanks to the D3O material used in its construction. That's possible because the molecules within D3O lock together to absorb the energy of an impact and disperse it away from your iPad.
The Impact Mesh case wraps around the corners and back of your iPad, providing a secure fit and maintaining full access to all ports and function buttons. Plus it's fully compatible with the Apple Smart Cover.
- Fully integrated case with D3O military-grade impact protection material
- Dotted design for sleek, minimalistic look
- Encases all sides of the iPad to provide a secure fit and feel
- Full access to all ports and function buttons
- Slim design ensures full protection without added bulk
- 100% compatible with the Apple Smart Cover for full protection
Did you notice?D3O military-grade material works at the molecular level to absorb the energy of impacts.
Apple Recommends ForKeep your iPad mini in the same pristine condition as the day you bought it.
What's in the Box?
- Tech21 Impact Mesh for iPad mini
- Form Factor: Snap On
- Material: D3O, TPU
- Height: 0.43 in./1 cm
- Width: 5.59 in./14.2 cm
- Weight: 2.47 oz./70 g
- Length: 8.15 in./20.7 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: T21-3882
- UPC or EAN No.: 5055517331999
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
No worries, light and protective
I have had this case/cover on my iPad Mini/R, in conjunction with Apple's iPad Mini Smart Cover for 6 weeks now. Yes, the Tech 21 I have had this case/cover on my iPad Mini/R, in conjunction with Apple's iPad Mini Smart Cover for 6 weeks now. Yes, the Tech 21 cover is made to allow the Apple Smart Cover to work properly with it on iPads. This cover is also very light and does not bulk-up the iPad thickness much at all for the protection it gives.
To boil it all down quickly: I don't believe that you can find a better product to protect your iPad, Mini or otherwise (I have one on our iPad Air now also).
This back/sides case has unique built-in corner/sides bumpers and a protective back. It is not hard plastic, but a much more forgiving product.
So far I have dropped my Mini flat on it's back on concrete from about 3-4', and on its edge/corner from 2-3'. No harm, no foul, good design!
I am so impressed by this product that I also purchased a similarly made Tech 21 Case for my Macbook Pro 15/R..
Tech 21 has made the Speck cases and other cases like Speck obsolete. Those cases give no "drop protection", only scratch protection.
I am just a consumer and I have no ties to Tech 21. I am obviously a very favorably impressed user of Tech 21 products./ …
- Written by David T from Westlake
13 of 13 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Do I still need a Smart Cover with the tech21 impact case?
- Asked by Patti T from Cody
- Jul 2, 2014
I use the Smart Cover along with the Tech 21 for best protection.
- Answered by David T from Westlake
- Jul 24, 2014
I've been using some silicon based cases and some of them smell quite unpleasant , what makes this product different?or is it not?
- Asked by Nicholas H from North Jakarta
- Jul 21, 2014
Will it work with the BodyGuardz ScreenGuardz Pure?
- Asked by Tom W from Salt Lake City
- May 28, 2014
is this compatible with the Logitech UltraThin Folio?
- Asked by Lisa R from Oak Brook
- May 1, 2014
I own an iPad Mini R, a Tech 21 impact mesh and the Ultrathin Logitech keyboard folio. The Tech 21 I own an iPad Mini R, a Tech 21 impact mesh and the Ultrathin Logitech keyboard folio. The Tech 21 and the Folio can not be used at the same time. The Mini becomes too thick on the upper edges, with the Tech on it, to fit into the Folio tabs. …
- Answered by David T from Westlake
- May 2, 2014
I have the Logitech keyboard. Is this case compatible with that?
- Asked by Jane R from Foxboro
- Jan 23, 2014
You can not double up on cases with ANY case. You CAN add an Apple Smart cover - and use it togeth You can not double up on cases with ANY case. You CAN add an Apple Smart cover - and use it together with this case, but that's all.
If you are asking ONLY about the keys on the keyboard - this case like any other case will not interfere with the bluetooth connection.
So you could use the tech 21 Mesh, together with an Apple Smart cover to prop up the iPad mini on a table. You could then use a keyboard with the iPad mini in the Tech21 case, but you would not be able to mount the iPad mini onto the keyboard slot or keyboard folio cover. The devices would remain completely separate. In this example the Logitech ultra thin keyboard would work well, but the smart cover, not the slot on the Logitech keyboard cover is what would prop up the iPad for viewing. …
- Answered by David K from Toronto
- May 30, 2014