Combining the Jawbone UP24 wristband and the UP app on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, the UP system helps you understand your sleep, eating, and movement patterns so you can make better life choices. The UP24 band syncs to the app via Bluetooth wireless so you can see your movement and sleep details. The app also provides insights, celebrates milestones, and challenges you to do more each day.
Small and comfortable to wear all day and night, UP24 tracks hours slept, time to fall asleep, how many times you woke up, and more. Analyze your sleep patterns to understand what you can do to have a more restful night. And start each day right with the Smart Alarm, which gently wakes you up at the perfect moment in your sleep cycle.
Know how active you are
Get a full record of your day's activity—steps, distance, calories burned, and time spent active versus idle. See how every action contributes to reaching your goals. In-the-moment reminders help keep you moving to meet daily goals
Log your food and drink
Take a photo of your food, scan a barcode, browse the image gallery, or search the ingredient database to record what you eat and drink. The UP app keeps track of your calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein, sugar, fiber, and sodium.
For even more fun, create a team of friends and follow each other's progress, cheer each other on, or compete.
Gain insight into yourself
The UP app simply and beautifully visualizes your data so you can quickly understand what it means. You also get personalized insights and clear, easy-to-follow tips that help you reach your goals.
Today I Will
The UP Insight Engine suggests goals one day at a time based on your unique patterns. These Today I Will insights challenge you to step farther, stay hydrated, and sleep better, for a sense of daily accomplishment.
See how your daily wins add up over time and share them with friends. The UP app celebrates your meaningful milestones such as your millionth step taken or hitting your sleep goal seven days in row.
Your UP. Your apps.
The UP system integrates with the apps you already love. Whether you're biking with Strava, working out with Wello, or jogging with RunKeeper, you can track it all with UP for the most complete picture of your day and night. The UP ecosystem offers plenty of apps for fitness, weight loss, sleep coaching, detailed food journaling, and more.
How to pick your size
Wrap a string snugly around your wrist. Mark on the string where the two ends cross. Measure the string from one end to the marked place and following the size guide to determine which UP Band is right for you. Small = 5.5 to 6 inches/14 to 15.5 cm; Medium = 6 to 7 inches/15.5 to 18 cm; Large = 7 to 8 inches/18 to 20 cm.
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless syncing for in-the-moment notifications and personalized insights to keep you focused on goals
- Track Sleep including total hours, time to fall asleep, number of wake ups
- Track Activity including steps, distance, calories burned, active versus idle time
- Log what you eat and drink and track nutritional info by taking a photo, scanning a barcode, or searching the UP app database
- Smart Alarm and Power Nap features wake you at the time that leaves you feeling refreshed
- Customizable Idle Alerts remind you to move
- Free UP app downloadable from the App Store in iTunes
- Designed to be worn 24/7; up to seven days of battery life
Did you notice?The UP app provides daily personalized insights and easy-to-follow tips that help you achieve your goals.
Apple Recommends ForKeep track of your sleep, eating, and movement patterns 24 hours a day via the UP app on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
What's in the Box?
- UP24 by Jawbone Wristband
- Quick start guide
- Charging cable (2.5mm to USB)
- Form Factor: Armband
- Material: Rubber
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Battery Type: Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Battery life: Up to seven days
- Charge Time: Approximately 80 minutes; charged via USB charging cable
- Height: 1.97 in./5 cm (Small); 2.13 in./5.4 cm (Medium); 2.2 in./5.6 cm (Large)
- Width: 0.47 in./1.2 cm (Small); 0.47 in./1.2 cm (Medium); 0.47 in./1.2 cm (Large)
- Weight: 0.67 oz./19 g (Small); 0.78 oz./22 g (Medium); 0.81 oz./23 g (Large)
- Length: 2.6 in./6.6 cm (Small); 3 in./7.6 cm (Medium); 3.2 in./8.1 cm (Large)
- Mfr. Part Number: JL01-52L-A
- UPC or EAN No.: 847912013885
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited manufacturer's warranty
UP by Jawbone
*** REQUIRES UP OR UP24 WRISTBAND TO USE THIS APP ***
BAND + APP + YOU = THE UP SYSTEM
UP® is a system that takes a holistic approach to a healthy lifestyle. The band tracks your movement and sleep in the background while the app displays your data, lets you add things like meals and mood, and delivers insights that help you know yourself so that you can live better.
* Track your sleep & physical activity
* Log your food & drink & track nutritional info
* Get insights to help you set & achieve your goals
* Smart Alarm™ wakes you up silently at the time that leaves you feeling most refreshed
* Set Idle Alerts, for anywhere between 15 minutes and 2 hours, to remind you to move
* The Power Nap feature will wake you up at the optimal time after you fall asleep
* Log workouts, from yoga and hiking to tennis and dance
* Team up with friends in the app for encouragement and friendly competition
* Today I Will - UP suggests personalized goals. If you accept, UP encourages you along the way
* Streaks & Milestones - Get notifications that celebrate the choices you’re making
* Reminders - Set customizable alerts with band vibrations to remind you to workout, go to bed, take medication and more
* Activity alerts - Receive move notifications that are relevant. Customize based on how many steps you take and time of day. Available to UP24 users only.
* Share your summary pages to Facebook & Twitter
Supported languages: English, Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
GAIN INSIGHT INTO YOURSELF
UP simply and beautifully visualizes your information so, at a glance, you can understand the meaning behind your data. UP also delivers personalized insights and clear, actionable tips to help you achieve your goals.
UP helps you set daily goals and tracks your progress over time. It also lets you set helpful alarms and reminders. You can set multiple Smart Alarms to silently wake you at the ideal moment in your sleep cycle to help you wake up feeling refreshed. You can also set Idle Alerts to remind you to move when you’ve been sitting too long.
A DEEPER LOOK AT SLEEP
See details about your sleep such as hours slept, time to fall asleep, and how many times you woke up. Over time, discover patterns that can affect how you feel.
KNOW HOW ACTIVE YOU ARE
Capture a complete record of your day's activity - Steps, distance, calories burned and time spent active vs. idle. See how everything from going for a run to walking the dog contributes to reaching your goals.
LOG YOUR FOOD & DRINK
Take a photo of your food, scan a barcode, browse the image gallery or search the ingredient database to record what you eat and drink. UP keeps track of your calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein, sugar, fiber and sodium.
YOUR UP. YOUR APPS.
Complement your UP experience and connect to your favorite apps, or discover new ones, within UP.
Track your weight, map your bike rides, access extensive food libraries and more with apps like IFTTT, Strava and Wello, and that data will be seamlessly integrated into your UP feed, lifeline and trends. You can also view detailed UP sleep, movement, food and mood data within selected apps to make those experiences even better.
UP or UP24 WRISTBAND
* Required to use the UP by Jawbone app
* Designed to be worn 24/7
* Features advanced motion sensor technology
* Up to 7 days (UP24) or 10 days (UP) of battery life between charges
* Available in multiple colors & sizes (S, M, L) …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
The UP24 (which is Gen3) was released in Nov 2013 and I purchased mine shortly thereafter. If you're not reviewing this product an The UP24 (which is Gen3) was released in Nov 2013 and I purchased mine shortly thereafter. If you're not reviewing this product and complaining about the first two gens of the band, what's the point? Pay no attention to the reviews regarding the original versions of the UP prior to Nov 2013, which did have quality issues and lack of wireless sync, as they skew this product which is infinitely improved. I also considered the Fitbit Flex/Force, but the app and integration with Strava and IFTTT (and other apps) made the UP24 a no brainer for me. Works flawlessly and does exactly what I need it to do... …
- Written by Alan S from Gilbert
67 of 75 people found this useful
Best product on market today
I had the FitBit and several of my colleagues have the Nike Fuel Band, but the third generation JawBone is the best out right now. I had the FitBit and several of my colleagues have the Nike Fuel Band, but the third generation JawBone is the best out right now. My wife and I just each got one and we love ours. A couple of our good friends also have them and love them.
Agree with other reviewer that previous generations did have issues, but they have been fixed in latest generation. …
- Written by Kristopher F from Chicago
41 of 45 people found this useful
Absolute junk - failed in two weeks
I read not to get the UP wet, only charge from my Mac Book Pro ports etc and treated it very carefully, exactly as directed. After I read not to get the UP wet, only charge from my Mac Book Pro ports etc and treated it very carefully, exactly as directed. After one week it started waking me up at midnight each night with an alert that it could no longer sync to the app, to please open the app. Each time the app was already open but the band refused to communicate for ten minutes at midnight.
Then it randomly refused to connect via Bluetooth and ignored my switch to night mode so that it was daytime mode (and somehow counting steps when I slept!) all the time.
Reviews ARE RIGHT! This product is a serious lemon. Why is Apple selling something with such overwhelmingly poor reviews both here and on Amazon and Jawbones own forums?
We tried soft resets and hard to zero success. We removed the app and tried everything. It didn't solve a single issue. …
- Written by Sally W from Suwanee
41 of 58 people found this useful
i feel naked without it
I owned the second generation of the UP and the UP24 is much better. Sleep monitoring is much better on this one.
We all know I owned the second generation of the UP and the UP24 is much better. Sleep monitoring is much better on this one.
We all know that you can't trust an iPhone to wake you up. it's just not reliable. But the UP24 is very reliable. And woke wake up your wife sleeping next to you who doesn't have to get up for another 2 hrs (and has been up with the baby 4 times last night).
There is also a feature that vibrates if you have been idling too long... just reminds you to move around. Highly recommend this product! …
- Written by Martin K from Whitby
2 of 2 people found this useful
Happy I got the UP24 rather than the UP. The Bluetooth sync works well. I have been using the band for a bit more than 2 weeks an Happy I got the UP24 rather than the UP. The Bluetooth sync works well. I have been using the band for a bit more than 2 weeks and I really enjoy the statistics, the small useful comments, and the positive change it has helped bring into my lifestyle. I would love if I did not have to remember to tell the band when I shall sleep and when I woke up as well as take it off when I go swimming (it's splash-proof though). Why they made a special charger I have no idea and it's annoying. I have come to miss it when it needs recharging every 7 days. I love this generation but really look forward for the next. ;-) …
- Written by Søren A from Bagsværd
1 of 1 people found this useful
Fails after 58 days
I was really exiting about my Up24. Really liked design and also menu, but after 58 days,stopped working.
Also first damage oc I was really exiting about my Up24. Really liked design and also menu, but after 58 days,stopped working.
Also first damage occurs, one end of the band scratches all the time against one side. Now it is already damaged. My wife has the Fitbit, she is much more happy with it.
Compliments however for the App Store. After my complained, they immediately sent of a new one. I hope I don't have to pay the postmen.
In all, I honestly cant recommend this article.
PS sent a mail to Jawbone, still waiting for the answer. …
- Written by Henk M from Den Burg
1 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can i measure heartbeat rate and blood pressure?
- Asked by Ling L from London
- May 11, 2014
I see that the band is not waterproof, does sweat affect it at all?
- Asked by Stephanie T from Worcester
- Jun 24, 2014
no, the band is not recommended to be submerged in water though
- Answered by David L
- Jun 27, 2014
is there a watch on the band as well
- Asked by Norman B from Merville
- May 23, 2014
No, this band does not have a watch or display built in.
- Answered by Julianne P from Erie
- May 27, 2014