The Livescribe 3 smartpen is designed to work and write like a premium ballpoint pen, capturing everything you write and then displaying it on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using the Livescribe+ app. The smartpen easily pairs with your iOS devices via a Bluetooth wireless connection.
With Livescribe your notes become searchable and you can tag and organize them and convert them to text. Create tasks, reminders, calendar events, new contacts, and more, right from your notes.
With a simple tap on paper, use the mic on your iPad or iPhone to add recorded audio that's synced with your handwriting so you can be sure you'll never miss a word.
Quickly share notes and ideas with friends and colleagues, and get more done in less time—all with just a few quick taps of your finger.
- Pairs directly to the Livescribe+ app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch via Bluetooth Smart
- Offers live, real-time syncing of what you write or draw
- Delivers a premium writing experience wrapped in a stylish, elegant writing instrument
- Easily bring valuable information from paper your iOS device, where it becomes more useful
- Uses built-in microphone from your iOS device to record audio synchronized to everything you put on paper
- Organize, tag, and search handwritten notes
- Convert handwriting to text to create Reminders, Appointments, Contacts, and more
- Create pencasts that sync recorded audio to your handwriting
- Share PDFs of your notes and pencasts
Did you notice?The smartpen can use the mic on your iOS device to record the spoken words you're transcribing.
Apple Recommends ForCapture everything you write on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Livescribe smartpen and app.
What's in the Box?
- Livescribe 3 Smartpen (Black and chrome)
- Livescribe+ companion app for iOs devices (free download from the App Store)
- 50 sheet starter notebook
- Micro USB charging cable
- Integrated stylus (covers charging port)
- Tungsten-carbide ink cartridge (Black medium)
- Livescribe 3 smartpen Basics Guide
- Width: 0.59 in./1.49 cm
- Weight: 1.2 oz./34 g
- Length: 6.38 in./16.2 cm
- iOS7 (or newer)
- Mfr. Part Number: APX-00016
- UPC or EAN No.: 816108010410
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year on parts and labor
Note: Livescribe+ is designed to be used in conjunction with Livescribe 3 smartpens.
Livescribe+ pairs with your Livescribe 3 smartpen to instantly sync everything you write on paper directly onto your iPhone or iPad. Your notes become more useful, more quickly when they’re organized, tagged, searchable and converted to text.
Notes, sketches, diagrams and drawings created with your Livescribe 3 smartpen show up instantly in Livescribe+.
Access your notes in 3 different views to get more out of them: (1) Page View shows your notebooks and pages exactly as they were written. (2) Feed View organizes your notes into smaller, actionable snippets sorted in a timeline. (3) Pencast View allows you to play back audio recordings synced to your notes so you can hear what was said exactly when you were writing.
Convert your handwritten notes into text to transform them into tasks, reminders, calendar events, new contacts and more. All with a few taps of your finger.
Create pencasts and add photos and typed memos directly in Livescribe+ to add more depth and context to your written notes.
Tag your notes in Feed view to create Collections that sort all your tagged content together.
Share PDF’s of your notes, pictures and pencasts through Mail, Messages, AirDrop, Evernote, Dropbox and more.
Livescribe 3 smartpens are compatible with iPhone 4S or newer, iPad 3rd Gen or newer, iPad mini or newer, iPod touch 5th Gen or newer.
Need help or want to discover more? Visit www.livescribe.com/Livescribe3. …
Ratings & Reviews
Less Isn't More
Several features were dropped with the latest Smartpen. If you do not have either an iPhone 5 or a 2nd generation iPad or later, Several features were dropped with the latest Smartpen. If you do not have either an iPhone 5 or a 2nd generation iPad or later, you cannot transfer your written text to your computer. This is an essential feature and this should be addressed as soon as possible. In addition, this pen does not record meetings either, so you are limited to finding your notes in your notebook. Finally, there should be a way to transfer notes directly from the Smartpen via a USB cable. If I had been aware of this, I would not have purchased this product. …
- Written by Ira D from Los Angeles
Livescribe got it right this time !!
I do a lot of business meetings and travelling. I use this Livescribe 3 Pro Smart pen for my business meetings. The pen looks goo I do a lot of business meetings and travelling. I use this Livescribe 3 Pro Smart pen for my business meetings. The pen looks good and is not at all heavy like the previous one. So you can write longer. The pen also has a decent battery life. I have used it continuously for a 4 hour meeting without a problem.
The recording feature allows me to revisit my notes in 2 formats. I can now revise and carry on where we left off in the previous meeting by just putting on my headphones and going through my previous notes when in flight. So I am the first one to accurately summarise the previous discussion. This makes my meetings effective.
I just wish the pen could have more types of inks (Colors and textures e.g. like what a pilot pen would write).But I am sure they will come up with something. :) …
- Written by Tapan C from Swindon
20 of 22 people found this useful
At last .i was expecting something from livescribe a long time.i bought immediately.I have several books in my car ,office, At last .i was expecting something from livescribe a long time.i bought immediately.I have several books in my car ,office,house ,etc.so I'm not missing a single note.worth every euro . …
- Written by harry A from SPATA , XRISTOUPOLI
13 of 21 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does the livescribe 3 smartpen really not work with the 2nd generation iPad??
- Asked by Randy R from Newark
- May 7, 2014
Where do I get paper refills for live scribe smart pen?
- Asked by Marlene S from Odessa
- Feb 12, 2014
I don't know about refills but for the later versions of the pen it is possible to print livescribe I don't know about refills but for the later versions of the pen it is possible to print livescribe paper off of the internet, with a printer capable of printing in fine enough detail. …
- Answered by Daniel W from Taber
- Mar 3, 2014