Kwikset's Kevo Bluetooth-enabled deadbolt lock lets you unlock your door wirelessly with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and the Kevo app. You don't even need to take your iOS device out of your pocket or purse; just touch your lock and it recognizes you. No more fumbling for keys or memorizing codes.
Send an eKey
If family, friends, or visitors need to enter your house, simply send an electronic key (eKey) to their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Free Kevo Mobile App
You can use the Kevo app for initial setup; for sending, disabling, and deleting eKeys; and for viewing history of lock activity. Plus, it lets you set up a variety of other configurable features and options.
No iPhone—no problem
Each Kevo lock comes with one Kevo Fob. Keep your Fob in your pocket, purse, or backpack and enjoy the same Touch to Open convenience you have with your iOS device. Each Fob included with the lock is pre-enrolled, so there's no additional setup required. You can also purchase more Fobs for other family members.
- Bluetooth-enabled deadbolt
- An iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch acts as your key
- Touch to Open convenience
- Share eKeys via your iOS device
- Receive notifications and manage the lock and eKeys using the Kevo mobile app
What's in the Box?
- Kwikset Kevo complete deadbolt lock
- One Key Fob
- Two iPhone e-Keys (electronics keys)
- Two mechanical keys
- Four AA batteries
- Bluetooth Compatiblity: Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery life: Up to 1 year
- Height: 7.41 in./18.82 cm
- Width: 2.75 in./6.98 cm
- Weight: 3.5 lb./1.58 kg
- Length: 2.75 in./6.98 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 99250-001
- UPC or EAN No.: 883351477642
- Warranty: Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty. One year electronic warranty.
Kevo – Your Phone Is Now Your Key
Download the Kevo app for use with the Kevo Smart Lock made by Kwikset and Weiser.
With Kevo, your Smartphone is now your key.
No more fumbling for your keys. Keep your phone in your pocket or purse and just touch the lock to open.
Send eKeys to family, friends and guests from anywhere, anytime with the mobile app or from the web portal (www.MyKevo.com). Control access by choosing to send an Anytime, Scheduled or Guest eKey.
Check Kevo’s history to see lock/unlock events and eKey activity for all users.
The Kevo Bluetooth Enabled Deadbolt is available from retailers in the USA (Kwikset) and Canada (Weiser). For more information or to buy a Kevo smart lock, visit www.kwikset.com/kevo or www.weiser.com/kevo.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Works well, easy to install, easy to use
Unlocking Kevo deadbolt is similar to unlocking a vehicle by using touch area or button on door handle. Most vehicles do not work Unlocking Kevo deadbolt is similar to unlocking a vehicle by using touch area or button on door handle. Most vehicles do not work with phones, yet, requiring you to have a "key" with you, though you don't need to take the "key" out and do something with it, it just needs to be with you. Kevo deadbolt also comes with a "key fob", and you can buy more of those, to carry just like those for vehicles, though it does one better than most vehicles by allowing you to use a phone instead (iPhone, some Android phones). So, if you already carry a phone, you don't need to carry anything else, and you can unlock or lock your door just by touching the lock. Also, if you want to give someone access, you can send them a temporary or permanent key electronically (if they have compatible phone), and permanent keys can have restrictions on when they can be used. …
- Written by Michal S from Cupertino
3 of 3 people found this useful
Very cool tech product
I own the brushed nickel.
- Easy as heck to install. If you are at all knowledgable of basic too I own the brushed nickel.
- Easy as heck to install. If you are at all knowledgable of basic tools... screwdriver... this should be a very easy install. If your door is not a standard door, you might need a dremel tool.
- Instructions are incredibly well written, using lots of images and graphics to tell the story of how to make this device work. App is very well developed, simple and easy to use. Very intuitive overall. Grandma should be able to make it work.
- Would like to see time stamps on the eKeys to make it work only during a certain time. But I believe that is on it's way, so soon that won't be a con. …
- Written by Matt O from Pikeville
32 of 36 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this compatible with iphone 6?
- Asked by Douglas I from Subiaco
- Sep 24, 2014
Yup. Kevo smart lock Works on our iPhone 6 (big and small)
- Answered by Dirk W from State College
- Sep 25, 2014
2 e-keys are included, so when I want to share an e-key with family or friends, I just have these two? Or the e-keys sent via IOS are additional?
- Asked by Francisco S from Distrito Federal
- Jan 15, 2015
You can create unlimited number of temporary e-keys at no additional cost, there is $2 cost for addi You can create unlimited number of temporary e-keys at no additional cost, there is $2 cost for additional non-expiring e-keys, and the non-expiring keys can be re-assigned, so once you have enough you can just keep reusing them, like mechanical keys (though unlike mechanical keys e-keys cannot be lost, so never need to be replaced). …
- Answered by Michal S from Cupertino
- Jan 17, 2015
Can the battery be replaced?
- Asked by Matthew C from Brooklyn
- Dec 16, 2014
The batteries on the inside panel are four AA and they are included. The key fob batteries are Yes.
The batteries on the inside panel are four AA and they are included. The key fob batteries are installed from the factory and is a replaceable CR2025 watch battery. I don't know how long they last but the system has a number of battery low alerts. …
- Answered by Everette G from Seattle
- Dec 17, 2014
how far from the door does the fob work
- Asked by Laurence C M from New York
- Nov 17, 2014
Is there any monthly fee associated with this lock?
- Asked by Brent D from Norco
- Mar 30, 2014
No additional fees, just install it and use it. The App is free to download and use as well.
- Answered by Alexandra C from Portsmouth
- Apr 4, 2014