Parrot, along with world-renowned French designer Phillipe Starck, have collaborated once again to create Zik wireless headphones. Integrating touch control, advanced technology, and sleek design, they deliver superb sound and comfort.
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
Four active microphones (two internal and two external) make this patented Parrot technology one of the best in its class in ANC. It provides up to 98% reduction, eliminating nearly all external sound.
An ultra-intuitive touch sensitive panel located on the right ear cup gives you easy control. When you're listening via Bluetooth, simply swipe up and down to increase and decrease volume, and forward and back to conveniently skip tracks. Also, a head-detection sensor automatically senses when you're wearing the headphones and when you're not. When you put the headphones around your neck, the music pauses and your call is switched directly to your mobile device. When you put the headphones back on, your music resumes.
Unique listening quality
When using a standard headset, your right or left ear can only hear music coming from the right or left side of the headset. To recreate true-to-life sound, Parrot has developed a unique specialization sound called the “Parrot Concert Hall” effect. So instead of hearing the music from the side, you feel as though the sound is coming from directly in front as if you were listening to a live concert.
Free yourself from wires
Listen to music or make crystal-clear calls seamlessly and wirelessly via Bluetooth. Choose to control your calls and music directly from your device manually or via voice recognition, earphone touch panel, or from Parrot's free Audio Suite App on an iPhone. Bluetooth streaming is available with all Bluetooth-compatible devices.
Parrot hands-free calling
Originally designed for Parrot car systems, hands-free calling is now part of Zik. It's specifically engineered for crystal-clear conversation. Equipped with two directional microphones and a Jawbone Conductor, the Zik captures the vibration of the jawbone and merges it with the sound of your voice for reliable calls. Thanks to the embedded head detection sensor, if you receive a phone call while listening to your music, you can remove your headphones and your call will be automatically be switched to your smartphone.
Free exclusive downloadable app
The Parrot Audio Suite is a free app you can download from the App Store for your iPhone. It lets you control all of your music wirelessly. For instance, you can adjust your audio settings to explore your favorite customized sound and simulate a virtual music scene creating your desired sound depth. The app also notifies you whenever there's a new software version so you can download it instantly.
- Active noise cancellation
- Innovative touch-sensitive control
- Head-detection sensor seamlessly plays music when headphones are over your ear or pauses it when they're around your neck
- Unique specialized sound through “Parrot Concert Hall Effect”
- Completely wireless, supports Bluetooth audio streaming
- Parrot hands-free calling expertise
- Exclusive downloadable free app to control your music wirelessly
- Rechargeable, removable Li-ion battery
Did you notice?Unique "Parrot Concert Hall" effect recreates true-to-life sound, so you feel as if you're at a live performance.
Apple Recommends ForHear all your music and calls wirelessly with superb audio.
What's in the Box?
- Parrot Zik by Starck wireless headphone
- 3.5 mm mini jack cable, designed by Starck
- Micro USB cable for charging and updating
- Lined pouch to protect Zik
- Quickstart guide in eight languages
- Li-lon battery 800mAh
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ohms
- THD: <0.1% at 1khz, 90 dBspl
- Other Features: Active Noise Cancelling, Stereo Bluetooth, Wireless
- Form Factor: Over Ear
- Cable Length: 51.18 in./130 cm
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Bluetooth Compatiblity: Bluetooth 2.1
- No. of Microphones: 4
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Mfr. Part Number: PF560103
- UPC or EAN No.: 3520410017926
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Parrot Audio Suite
The Parrot Audio Suite app lets you simultaneously configure the settings for the Zik headphones and the Zikmu Solo speaker designed by Starck.
Through a simple and intuitive user interface, you can easily:
-Use preset equalizers or manually adjust the audio frequency
-Adjust the volume of the Zikmu Solo speaker
-Adapt the volume of the Zikmu Solo speaker according to the audio input sources
-Adapt the volume of the Zikmu Solo speaker according to its position and the dimensions of the room
-Connect simply and with full functionality using Wi-Fi
-Browse through local networks to share and send music to the Zikmu Solo speaker
-Keep your Zikmu Solo speaker updated with the latest firmware version
The Parrot Audio Suite application allows to adjust the settings of your Parrot Zik wireless Headphones.
- Configure the Parrot Concert Hall Effect, to enhance your listening experience,
- Use a predefined equalizer or set your custom settings,
- Activate or deactivate the Active Noise Cancellation
- Check the battery level of your Zik
- Keep your Zik updated with the latest software release
- Get your Zik experience started with the embedded tutorial …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
VERY impressed with the volume, frequency response and eq effectiveness.
OK you've heard about the fantastic sound and EQ app which is true, the ZIKs sound awesome and play loud! However there are a cou OK you've heard about the fantastic sound and EQ app which is true, the ZIKs sound awesome and play loud! However there are a couple of things that bug me the design of these cans. First the touch sensor sometimes gets triggered by accidental touches and also when you take them off you have to be careful not to touch the right ear piece wrong or it starts playing again so thankfully in the settings of the app you can turn off "auto pause". Also my Sennheiser MM550's battery has its own usb port so you can charge a spare and always be wire-free. Unfortunately the ZIK battery needs to be in the headphone while its charging so even though I have a spare battery sometimes I must run a usb charging wire between the headphones and a battery pack in my front pocket to simultaneously run the headphones and charge the battery. I have emailed Parrot with a request that they develop a AC/DC charger that can be plugged in to a wall outlet or connected to a 5 volt usb power source. Hopefully they heed my call and make the ZIK listening experience truly wire-free full-time. …
- Written by Manoochehr M from LAGUNA NIGUEL
6 of 7 people found this useful
I Love My Zik!
Best headphones on the market. Hands down. I do a lot of international travel with work, and have had these for a year and can vou Best headphones on the market. Hands down. I do a lot of international travel with work, and have had these for a year and can vouch for them.
I've worn them in rain, and they work fine. The noise cancelling is a bit weak on an aircraft when no music playing, but they're great with music playing.
I regularly do 24+ hour flights, and 2 batteries hold on long enough, if I have no charging ports (some planes and my laptop are adequate.)
The EQ gives you good control (I don't know of any other headphones with the EQ function).
The voice calls sound superb.
The touch controls are brilliant. Sometimes when I yawn real hard it'll pause my music as it thinks I've taken them off. (It pauses when you lift off your head) but there is an option to turn off auto pause. Be sure to enable noise cancellation on calls.
But my absolute favourite thing with these phones is going through airport security.
I lift them off my head, stick them in the tray, walk through the metal detector, put them back on and my music is right where I left off. And I haven't clicked a single button or untangled cables or had to unlock my phone.
And the aircraft is not going to crash with bluetooth*. And not once has any steward(ess) stopped me from listening.
Also you don't look like one of those idiots with hipster beats headphones with an eq curve that looks like a downhill ski slope.
anyway. zik. all in all - excellent headphones, excellent eq control, excellent features, excellent (outstanding) design, but excessive price. plus you may need an extra battery.
*not yet, at least …
- Written by Ashley C from Wrexham
14 of 14 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
What do the headphones weigh?
- Asked by Erik O from Floreat, Perth
- Jan 31, 2014
The Zik's weigh 325 grams or 11.464 ounces.
- Answered by Arman M from Fairfax
- Feb 22, 2014
Can you charge the Parrot Zik wireless headphones using the supplied usb-micro usb cable and an iphone or ipad charging block ?
- Asked by Russell T from Winnipeg
- Dec 13, 2013
Yes, the Parrot Zik don't even come with a charger block.
- Answered by Martin B from Gloucester
- Dec 20, 2013
How can I pair the Parrot Zik with a Mac Computer?
- Asked by Danilo D from South Salt Lake
- Nov 9, 2013