The Belkin USB 3.0 4-Port Hub lets you connect up to four USB enabled devices to your Mac or MacBook at the same time. Easy to install, the USB 3.0 connection provides up to ten times faster transfer speeds than USB 2.0, as well as quicker device charging.
- 5 Gbit/s transfer rate
- Fast charging
- Simple installation on your Mac
- Compatible with all USB 2.0 devices
Did you notice?The Belkin USB 3.0 Hub is compatible with all UBS 2.0 devices.
Apple Recommends ForKeeping all your Apple devices connected to your Mac simultaneously.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin USB 3.0 4-Port Hub
- Power supply
- USB 3.0 cable (1.2 m/3.94 ft.)
- UPC or EAN No.: 722868953044
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Syncs to your iPad, but does not support charging
Ratings & Reviews
DO NOT BUY!
First of all, they hide the fact that it not only has a wall wart, but only a 3' power cable. The only way you can even use this First of all, they hide the fact that it not only has a wall wart, but only a 3' power cable. The only way you can even use this thing, unless you have a power outlet within 2 1/2' of your hub, is to get an extension cord. That just looks horrible. Then, the connections aren't on the back, they're on the side. So, no matter how hard you try, your desk looks like a jumbled mess. For $60, I expect more. Bad call Belkin, and bad call Apple Store for selling this junk. I never even tried it, so I cannot tell you if it even works. I'm taking it back at lunch! …
- Written by Justin C from Antioch
201 of 264 people found this useful
Doesn't do the one thing I needed...
I purchased this Hub to power and run an external superdrive (legacy - hah) on my MBP Retina. This hub does not work in conjunctio I purchased this Hub to power and run an external superdrive (legacy - hah) on my MBP Retina. This hub does not work in conjunction with apple's superdrive. Style-wise it looks great. I don't like the power plug and master usb port connecting to the side... that was a bad move, it should be in the back unless you don't care how your desk looks. Also, the power plug is 3'3" not a deal-breaker but way too short. I'll be making the hour long drive back to apple to return this as soon as I can. …
- Written by Christopher W from Haleiwa
173 of 224 people found this useful
Belkin 4 Port 3.0 hub
I purchased this hub & connected it to a new well equipped 27" iMac. It performed flawlessly with both USB 3.0 & 2.0 devises conne I purchased this hub & connected it to a new well equipped 27" iMac. It performed flawlessly with both USB 3.0 & 2.0 devises connected. A significant speed increase over my USB 2.0 previous hub. No complaints. …
- Written by Terry L E from Enid
138 of 159 people found this useful
Power Cable Is Too Short!
Looks great...But unusable...the Power Cable is WAAAYYY too short.
- Written by MIKEL M from SOUTH EUCLID
BASIC AND NO FRILLS, WITH SOME INCONVENIENCES. BUT IT DOES WORK
This is an inexpensive USB 3 hub that does the basic job,
But also has some significant inconveniences.
Unfortunately, all the This is an inexpensive USB 3 hub that does the basic job,
But also has some significant inconveniences.
Unfortunately, all the available USB 3 hubs I've tried have various design issues, and this one's no exception.
Given the deficit of USB ports and USB power on the iMac, we're desperately awaiting a well-designed, adequately powered USB 3 hub.
2. Works (basically) with USB 3 devices and basic USB 1 devices like keyboards etc.
3. Portable users will like its very light weight (bad for desktop use).
1. Does not recognize any brand of USB 2 memory stick that I've tried.
So I need an additional USB 2 hub for sticks I use on both newer and older Macs or that I get from clients.
2. Only has 4 ports.
Really, with the iMac's deficit of ports, unless you're Grandma Fizbin using your Mac to Facetime your granddaughter,
you're going to need more.
3. Very inconvenient design unless you're going portable:
• All the ports are on the same side, so there's no forward facing port for quick use
(Belkin had an excellent USB 2 hub with dual direction ports)
• Both the power and USB-to-Mac cables are on the same side so, no matter which way you point the device,
you get cables all over your desk, which is a nuisance if you actually work for a living.
• The device is so light that it often gets pulled down behind the desk by the weight of the USB cables.
4. Not robustly powered.
I have 2 of these hubs and can only use them with low-draw devices.
Even with those, I need to be careful abut how many devices I plug in.
So it becomes a dance of mixing and matching devices to each hub to get the magic formula.
5. Ports feel cheaply made - USB plugs often get stuck in the port and have to be wiggled out.
This makes it a pain for using with USB sticks
All in all, this is a device that will meet your needs (sort of) while you wait for a much better product (like Belkin's excellent multi-port USB 2 hub with both top and back facing ports.) …
- Written by Thomas D from Toronto
3 of 3 people found this useful
Honestly, the thing is pretty cheap, it works well and it looks nice.
My only complaint is PURE VANITY, which means I could pro Honestly, the thing is pretty cheap, it works well and it looks nice.
My only complaint is PURE VANITY, which means I could probably have given this a "5"... couldn't they have made the cord come out the back? For us ultra-fussy iMac users, this means that no matter what there's an ugly cord laying on our desk.
Although, now that I've said it, they probably moved it to the side as the result of a different, ultra-fussy iMac user... Ha!
The thing works well and should probably have had 5 stars instead of 4. You won't be sorry buying it, so long as you carefully read the description regarding powered devices. …
- Written by Kirt L from Moorhead
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
will this hub support a usb superdrive plugged from my MAC air?
- Asked by Paul F from Oak Harbor
- Dec 30, 2013
No. This is not, however, a limitation of the hub. The superdrive itself does not support being co No. This is not, however, a limitation of the hub. The superdrive itself does not support being connected through *any* hub. It is designed to be plugged directly into the mac and only works that way. Several folks have given the hub bad reviews bc of this, but it has nothing to do with the hub and those reviews should be removed. …
- Answered by Sterling Q from Fredericksburg
- Jan 10, 2014
Will this hub chafe an iPad and communicate with it on all of the USB ports?
- Asked by Martin T from Eastsound
- Dec 9, 2013
I have the Belkin 4-Port USB 2.0 hub connected to my iMac 27". All works just fine with the iPhone I have the Belkin 4-Port USB 2.0 hub connected to my iMac 27". All works just fine with the iPhone and iPad. The only exception is that the powered portion of the hub will not charge the iPad. iPhone charges just fine. This is because the iPad requires a greater charge rate than what the wall-wart of the Belkin can provide.
Not a big deal for me as I recharge my i devices using their approriate chargers. The only time they are connected to the Belkin is to synce with iTunes
I would think that the 3.0 version would do better. …
- Answered by Chris L. D from Layton
- Feb 16, 2014
will this support an ipad air fast charge
- Asked by Bruce S from Warminster
- Jan 17, 2014
No, it won't. I'm designing apps and need a hub that will support charging AND syncing of the iPad. No, it won't. I'm designing apps and need a hub that will support charging AND syncing of the iPad. I was told that this one would because it has an external power supply. But it doesn't work any differently than the $9 special with no external power source. …
- Answered by Crishana B from Richardson
- Aug 27, 2014
Will this hub support my 2TB WD hard drive,mac book pro,numarkk dj controller and still give me a plug to connect to my audio mixer for sound input in
- Asked by Howard P from Seabrook
- Jun 23, 2014