More compact and powerful
Record and share all your exploits while controlling the HERO3+ Silver Edition camera from the app on your iPhone or iPad. It’s even easier now that the camera is 15 percent smaller and lighter and the image processor is two times faster. This also means it’s a snap to wear or mount the most advanced Silver Edition yet on your sports gear. For maximum versatility it's waterproof to 131 feet (40 meters). And with 30-percent longer battery life, you can catch even more action.
New faster processor lets you capture video at 1080p-60, 960p-60, and 720p-120 resolutions and frame rates. It also improves low-light performance and image sharpness, while reducing distortion.
The HERO3+ Silver Edition captures 10MP still photos and has a burst capture rate of 10 frames per second. Time-lapse photo capture mode enables automatic photo capture at 0.5, 2, 5, 10, 30, and 60-second intervals.
Record the subtle, natural sounds of voice and music as well as the raucous, intense sounds of your favorite sport. Wind-noise reduction makes sure that you hear more detail during high-speed activities.
Sharp Images with less distortion
The reduced-distortion aspherical lens combines with user-selectable 1080p Ultra-wide, Medium, and Narrow field-of-views to deliver professional grade perspective-capture options. The flat-lens waterproof housing delivers stunning image sharpness both above and below water.
Faster integral Wi-Fi delivers enhanced connectivity to the GoPro App and the Wi-Fi Remote (sold separately. The Wi-Fi Remote is a waterproof, wearable remote control that can control up to 50 Wi-Fi-enabled GoPros at a time from a range of 600 feet. The GoPro App gives you full camera control, live scene preview, and sharing on any compatible iPhone or iPad. It also provides convenient wireless camera software updates.
- 15 percent smaller and lighter than earlier Silver Edition cameras
- Two times faster image processor
- Professional-quality video at 1080p 60fps/ 960p 60 fps / 720p 120 fps and more
- Enhanced low-light performance, improved image sharpness, and reduced distortion
- 30-percent longer battery life
- 10MP photo capture with 10 fps
- Wi-Fi built in compatible with the WiFi Remote (sold separately) and GoPro App
- Wireless camera updates via GoPro App
- Advanced audio system with wind noise reduction
- Waterproof to 131 feet/40 meters
- Compatible with all GoPro mounts for attaching to your body, gear, vehicles, and more
- Compatible with GoPro LCD Touch BacPac and Battery BacPac (not included)
Did you notice?Easily control your GoPro HERO3+ Silver Edition Camera using the free GoPro App.
Apple Recommends ForCapture and share your most exciting and memorable moments and watch them on your iPhone and iPad.
What's in the Box?
- GoPro HERO3+ Video Camera - Silver Edition
- Waterproof housing (Safe to depths of 131 ft./40 m)
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Quick-release buckle
- Vertical quick-release buckle
- One curved and one flat adhesive mount
- Three-way pivot mount
- USB charging cable
- Resolution: 10 MP
- Other Features: All Weather, Still Photos, Upgradeable / Expandable, USB Printing, Video, Video Converter, Waterproof, Wireless
- Camera Type: HD Video, Point and Shoot
- Focal Length: 2.77
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Battery Type: Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Height: 3.9 cm/1.55 in.
- Width: 0.2 cm/0.08 in.
- Weight: 74 g
- Length: 5.84 cm/2.3 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: 561350520
- UPC or EAN No.: 818279010855
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit www.gopro.com/support/articles/warranty-information)
- Note that a microSD card is not included with this camera
Control. View. Share.
The GoPro App makes it easy to control your camera remotely with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Get full remote control of all camera functions—take a photo, start/stop recording and conveniently adjust settings. See what your camera sees with live preview for easy shot-framing. View photos and play back videos, then share your favorites via email, text, Instagram™, Facebook® and more.* Plus, use it to wirelessly update your HERO3+ camera software on the go for the latest features and best performance.
• Full remote control of all camera functions
• See what your camera sees with live preview for easy shot-framing
• View photos and play back videos*
• Copy photos and videos* to your device, then share via email, text, Instagram, Facebook or other app
• Browse and delete files on the camera’s microSD card
• Watch the GoPro Channel and get your fix of the latest GoPro videos from across the globe
• View the GoPro Photo of the Day
• Wirelessly update your HERO3+ camera software
• Wirelessly update your camera Wi-Fi network name and password
• HERO3 (requires camera software update, see gopro.com/update)
• HD HERO2 with Wi-Fi BacPac™ (requires camera software update, see gopro.com/update)
Questions? Contact GoPro Customer Support at gopro.com/contact. For a directory of Customer Support phone numbers by country, visit gopro.com/support/telephone-numbers.
*Compatible with videos captured in select modes only. Compatibility varies by device.
Ratings & Reviews
WOW! Great product! This is really 'The One', a must have device!
When first considering my purchase, I noticed that fantastic price range for this tremendous value product. This is it! This is th When first considering my purchase, I noticed that fantastic price range for this tremendous value product. This is it! This is the one item I can have today, at a great value, and add this item to my professional and my every day items. Yes, I have found this just as I needed an update for camera and what to take on vacation. So compact. So brilliantly focusing on every detail within every picture taken and with all the necessary applications, even while swimming! Hat is off for Apple. Being a professional photographer, focussing on having the very best, this GoPro Hero+Video Camera-Silver Edition is with me every day, in my travels, even while driving to work. Thank you Apple! …
- Written by Dennis M
12 of 21 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
what are the differences between GoPro Hero3+black and GoPro Hero3+silver edition
- Asked by Ibrahim O from Bursa
- Jul 5, 2014
the black edition comes with a wifi remote. It also is lighter that the silver edition and can shoo the black edition comes with a wifi remote. It also is lighter that the silver edition and can shoot higher frames rates and resolutions like 4k and 240 fps (but not at the same time). Black edition also has a setting called super view that is a super wide angle around 170-175. The black edition has a setting called auto low light mode that adjusts frame rates to get better performance in the dark. The black edition also has protune Protune, a setting that bumps up the bit rate to around 50 Mbps, but it also makes the colors look worse so that's only for people who are going to do post production color correction. But the black edition also is $100 dollars more than the silver. …
- Answered by Steve M from Rockville
- Jul 14, 2014
Whether slow motion videos option is available with this camera?
- Asked by Lakshmikumar A
- Jun 10, 2014
it can do 120 fps in 720p
- Answered by Steve M from Rockville
- Jul 14, 2014
Does GoPro App work with the new black addition
- Asked by Carolyn S N from Orange
- Dec 26, 2013
do i need any aditional device to use go pro hero3+ silver edition with iphone app?
- Asked by Agustin G
- Mar 11, 2014
No. The camera has a built in Wi-Fi system that allows you to connect to your phone or tablet. You m No. The camera has a built in Wi-Fi system that allows you to connect to your phone or tablet. You may be thinking about the wifi remote which is an optional accessory that can control your GoPro in extreme conditions. …
- Answered by Adam V
- Apr 14, 2014
is it compatible with ipad air?
- Asked by Carlos G from Los Laurels
- Mar 18, 2014
I am using this with a iPad Mini with Retina running 7.1 and it's working perfectly fine so Hi,
I am using this with a iPad Mini with Retina running 7.1 and it's working perfectly fine so I am assuming a iPad Air wouldn't be a issue for a unit in the league of action camera this is in. You will more than possibly need a active data connection on the iPad. …
- Answered by Nathan H from Golden Square
- Apr 9, 2014