Harman Kardon's Nova Wireless Stereo Speaker System combines beauty and performance to faithfully reproduce the music on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. That's because Harmon Kardon focuses on the smallest details of acoustics and materials—from the seamless, see-through enclosure that exposes the turbine housing for the woofers and drivers to the custom-tuned DSP. It also means Nova can adapt easily to any audio system, thanks to integral Bluetooth wireless with NFC as well as analog and optical connectors.
- Powered 2.0, stereo speaker system
- Performance-tuned 2.5-inch drivers and 1.25-inch tweeters for a richer listening experience
- Passive radiator for extended bass response
- Harman DSP for improved sound stage and detailed voicing
- Compatibility with any device via analog and optical inputs
- Bluetooth wireless streaming with NFC
Did you notice?A choice of Bluetooth wireless, analog, and optical connectivity provides maximum flexibility.
Apple Recommends ForWirelessly fill any room with rich stereo music from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Harman Kardon Nova Wireless Stereo Speaker System
- AC adapter
- 3.5mm connector cable
- Quick-start guide
- Frequency Response: 70Hz-20kHz
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features: Bluetooth
- Connections: Optical, Wireless
- Speaker Configurations: 2.1
- Drivers: 2.5” drivers and 1.25” tweeters
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 6.5 in./16.5 cm
- Width: 6.3 in./16 cm
- Weight: 5.29 lb./2.4 kg
- Length: 4.5 in./11.4 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: HKNOVABLKAM
- UPC or EAN No.: 028292262883
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Great sound, refreshing design
I had been trawling the net to see which speakers were best suited for my new Mac Mini. B&W MM1 seemed to be the one to get but th I had been trawling the net to see which speakers were best suited for my new Mac Mini. B&W MM1 seemed to be the one to get but thought it too costly. Focal XS book not available in my place (Abu Dhabi). Bose - I already burnt my fingers with one and it is in our vacation home for once a year power up. Then the usual stuff of Logitec and the like as computer speakers were the only choice left for me here.
Was not interested in monitor styled ones. Landed on NOVA. Went to the nearby HK showroom. Cute they looked. Looks much different than the rest.
Played some songs Indian and Western from my phone through BT. Instant pairing and rich sound for the size.
It has optical input too that attracted me. But the salesman could not help me with a 3.5mm adaptor to use with my Mac Mini. Left the shop without buying as BT was not my choice with lossless files on my Mac and did not want to use it with analogue input as it was not going to change much from the setup i had. Virgin Megastore in the same mall carried the optical cable with mini plug adaptor. Lost no time, got a cable and went back to HK showroom and picked up a black Nova.
Setting up was easy though plugging in the speaker cable was a bit difficult with poor eyesight. Once done it was filling our 25sq.m living with rich sound again through BT. Took it and hooked up Mac Mini through optical cable. Wow, the same songs I heard before on my old analog stereo and analog out of Mac Mini to a Sangean WR3 became more lively in our bedroom. Bass is deep enough though not window rattling. highs are clear. vocals are open. With about 5 feet between speakers got some separation too to have wider sound stage than the one box solutions.
In all a satisfying speaker for my Mac Mini. I miss the remote control for volume and mute as Mac 'mutes' these controls when using optical. controls are on speaker and you need to reach to it to select input or power up/off or volume and that makes it 4.5 stars but I cannot give that rating. so a 5 star …
- Written by SUBRAMONIAM S from Abu Dhabi
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
is harmen kardon nova compatible with mac book pro?
- Asked by John H from Gold Coast
- Dec 31, 2014
So if I have a network of Airport Expresses which all remotely stream from my PC can this speaker join that network as just another station?
- Asked by Paul M from Austin
- Jul 19, 2014
No, this set is Bluetooth only— the Harmon Kardon Aura Wireless Speaker system gets great reviews as No, this set is Bluetooth only— the Harmon Kardon Aura Wireless Speaker system gets great reviews as well and it offers Bluetooth and WiFi capability. …
- Answered by Dale M from Hamilton
- Dec 27, 2014
Can I have these connected with the aura wireless speaker?
- Asked by Victor L from Brownsville
- Sep 25, 2014
does one speaker need to be connected with a cable, or is it true wireless?
- Asked by Len C from Tucson
- May 7, 2014
You can connect your audio source with bluetooth (wireless) or optical cable (such as from Apple TV) You can connect your audio source with bluetooth (wireless) or optical cable (such as from Apple TV). Either way a wire connects to two speakers together and one speaker has a power cord. …
- Answered by Robert N from Cupertino
- Oct 16, 2014
price is for both units? can i connect it to an LCD (TV)?
- Asked by Benny M
- Jun 10, 2014
Yes, you get a stereo set. It can be connected to a TV with either the optical connection or the 3. Yes, you get a stereo set. It can be connected to a TV with either the optical connection or the 3.5mm input. …
- Answered by Quinton K from Holt
- Jun 21, 2014