The Twelve South HiRise stand for iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 5/5s, and iPad mini is a sleek brushed metal vertical pedestal that's compatible with your Apple Lightning Cable (not included) and virtually any iPhone or iPad mini case. Not only does HiRise free your hands during calls and FaceTime chats, it provides an easy way to simultaneously charge your iPhone or iPad. HiRise also keeps your iOS device's speakers, mic, or headphone ports completely unobstructed. Small and attractive enough to complement any home or office, it's the ultimate perch for your iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 5/5s, iPad mini, or even a 5th-generation iPod touch.
- Turns your Apple Lightning Cable into a convenient desktop stand
- Adjustable support posts fit even the most protective cases
- Showcases device for hands-free use
- Works exclusively with Apple Lightning Cable (not included)
Did you notice?Elevates iPhone so it doesn't block the headphone port, speakers, or mic. Also holds iPhone or iPad mini at a perfect height for FaceTime.
Apple Recommends ForA conveniently safe place for your iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 5/5s, or iPad mini on your desktop — and no need to remove the case.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South HiRise Stand for iPhone and iPad mini
- Base cap
- Hex tool
- Four screws
- Rear support
- Front support
- Three height-adjusting cable clips
- Owner's manual
- Height: 3.5 in./8.8 cm
- Width: 3.9 in./ 10 cm
- Weight: 0.41 lb./0.19 kg
- Length: 4.8 in./12.2 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1307
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002788
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
Brilliantly clever product.
Sure, it's just a dock. Fundamentally, its only function is to turn your existing cable up by 100 or so degrees, but this provides Sure, it's just a dock. Fundamentally, its only function is to turn your existing cable up by 100 or so degrees, but this provides a lot of practical convenience, whether on your nightstand for charging, or on a desk for syncing and heads-up display.
Rather than design just another pretty dock basically impractical for anyone with an iPhone case, TwelveSouth has thoughtfully designed the HiRise to be nearly universally compatible with any case out there by using Apple’s own cable. This isn’t lazy, it’s brilliant. Because of it, this dock will work with almost any case that accepts the tiniest, highest-quality cable out on the market (and everyone already has one!).
This design choice isn’t the only thing that makes the HiRise great. It is clear from initially opening the box that TwelveSouth has put a tremendous amount of thought and pride into the whole experience. The stand exudes quality, as does even the packaging and assembly instructions. The allen-head cap screws have a secure and organized place in the box, and the allen key has a permanent home inside the base of the dock itself. Every single cleverly-designed step in the unbox & assembly process will bring a little smile to your face. It's reminiscent in this regard of Apple's own products.
Best part? The Lightning standard is new and expected to be around for a decade. Since this dock is well-designed and adaptable, it should last through many future generations of iPhones. In a market where we too often begrudgingly pay $30-40 for a molded plastic case to be used for a few months or a year before moving on, it is an absolute delight to pay the same for a clever, convenient product that is solid as a rock and will remain useful for many years. …
- Written by Jerrod H from Bryan
246 of 267 people found this useful
Works great with iPad Air!!!
I recently upgraded from iPad 3rd generation to iPad air. Apple does not manufacture docks that would be compatible with iPad Air. I recently upgraded from iPad 3rd generation to iPad air. Apple does not manufacture docks that would be compatible with iPad Air.
This dock works perfectly with the iPad Air. The base is very stable even when typing on the iPad. …
- Written by Micheal L from Ajax
196 of 210 people found this useful
Loving it !!
Works perfect with Otterbox case. First one I found to fit perfect without having to modify the case.
- Written by Rob H from Pooler
187 of 197 people found this useful
Only four stars as I had to buy a cable but great with the 5C!
- Written by William J B from Preston
After much searching both online and at local retail stores and comparing products I purchased a pair of these stands for my wife After much searching both online and at local retail stores and comparing products I purchased a pair of these stands for my wife and I to use for our respective iPhones on our nightstands. We have 6 plus and 5 models both with cases.
These docks are handsomely packaged as befitting the use with an Apple product as well as well designed and engineered. Great assembly directions and everything needed for assembly and adjustment.
Couldn't be more happy with these docks!! …
- Written by Stephen E C from Hamburg
I do not recommend the Twelve south HiRise Stand
1. Once set up it looks not bad and is functional
1. You have to bolt in you own cable. Other stands I have had, y Pros:
1. Once set up it looks not bad and is functional
1. You have to bolt in you own cable. Other stands I have had, you just plug in a cable. If you want your cable for some other use, you can unplug it. With this unit, you cannot remove your cable unless you dismantle the entire thing.
2. It says its adjustable but, realistically, it is put together with screws. So you cannot easily adjust it after the initial set up (to use with a different case or device, for example).
3. You have to feed a cable though a little hole. It only worked on my new iPhone 6's cable, but did not work with my thunderbolt adapter for my older cables since the thunderbolt part is slightly fatter on the adapter.
4. This is a smaller issue but I will say it anyway, it has a rather wide footprint on my desk.
Overall, if you have cables to spare, maybe this is not such a bad unit, but I do not recommend it. …
- Written by Ben S from Toronto
0 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this work with iPhone 6?
- Asked by Dan W from Tarragindi
- Sep 16, 2014
Indeed it does. A slight adjustment to the support back panel and you're good to go! If you have the Indeed it does. A slight adjustment to the support back panel and you're good to go! If you have the iPhone 6 or the 6 Plus with either cover wether the silicon cover or the leather, both work with the number 1 adapter for the lightning cable being that both cases leave the bottom of both models exposed. …
- Answered by Tomy O from New Haven
- Sep 22, 2014
will it work with the iPhone 6 IN A CASE?
- Asked by Oliver J
- Sep 28, 2014
I have the iPhone6 Plus in the leather case and it works great. You can adjust the depth of back su I have the iPhone6 Plus in the leather case and it works great. You can adjust the depth of back support on this stand which is why it works with so many models. …
- Answered by Daniel K from Calgary
- Oct 18, 2014
Does this work on a Ipad air?
- Asked by James P
- Apr 11, 2014
I bought one of these for iPad air because someone had said it worked but for me it didn't. I think I bought one of these for iPad air because someone had said it worked but for me it didn't. I think the iPad air is too big for it so it doesn't sit very well and because of this it stops charging after a few seconds. For this reason I'm returning it, but this isn't to say the product is at fault only that it should probably only be used with the devices it says it's compatible with. …
- Answered by Robert R
- May 2, 2014