Take your music from room to room with the Bose® SoundTouch™ Portable Wi-Fi Music System. It lets you wirelessly stream iTunes Radio, Internet radio, Pandora, and the music library on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with the touch of a button. If you have an existing home Wi-Fi network, you’re ready to enjoy rich, room-filling sound anywhere in your house. And the rechargeable lithium ion battery keeps it playing for hours.
- Play music wirelessly from an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with AirPlay
- Portable design lets you take it from room to room—even the patio
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery keeps your for hours of listening
- Enjoy wireless access to iTunes Radio, Internet radio, Pandora, and your music library
- Listen to your favorite music at the touch of a button with six personalized presets
- Experience clear, room-filling sound from a compact system
- Works with your existing home Wi-Fi network—no extra equipment necessary
- Free SoundTouch™ app for your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch provides more powerful control, or use the included remote for quick control
- Easily add additional system at any time for a multi-room listening experience
- Along with Wi-Fi, source connections include a 3.5mm auxiliary input
Did you notice?Personalized presets let you select your favorite music with the push of a button.
Apple Recommends ForShare the music on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with wireless convenience.
What's in the Box?
- Bose SoundTouch™ Portable Wi-Fi Music System
- Remote control
- AC power adapter
- USB cable
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, USB
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay
- Speaker Configurations: 2.1
- Drivers: Two 60mm full-range drivers
- Power Source: AC
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 5.8 in./14.85 cm
- Width: 9.8 in./24.83 cm
- Weight: 3.3 lb./1.5 kg
- Length: 2.5 in./6.4 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 355150-1200
- UPC or EAN No.: 017817607124
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit http://www.bose.com/customer_service/owners/warranty/index). Apple is an authorized Bose dealer.
SoundTouch™ app from Bose –
Use the SoundTouch™ app to control your SoundTouch™ system from a smartphone or tablet. When connected to a SoundTouch™ system, you can stream music instantly, or explore Internet radio, available music services, and your music library. Personalize the Presets to your favorite music and stations.
• Control your SoundTouch™ system from your smartphone or tablet
• Provides fast access to your favorite music
• Quickly set your preferred music and stations to Presets
• Explore a wide-range of global and local Internet radio stations
• Access the music services available in your region
• Keep track of your recently-played music
• Control one or multiple systems in the home, from any room
• Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to different music in different rooms …
Ratings & Reviews
where's the simplicity?
Far too much set up involved for an airplay speaker - download the bose installer application, configure firewall, etc.
The bose Far too much set up involved for an airplay speaker - download the bose installer application, configure firewall, etc.
The bose app was lousy as well. …
- Written by MICHAEL G from Canonsburg
2 of 3 people found this useful
Super-portable AirPlay speaker, great all around the house!
Just like the other Bose SoundTouch speakers, audio quality is great, even better than the super portable SoundLink Mobile that us Just like the other Bose SoundTouch speakers, audio quality is great, even better than the super portable SoundLink Mobile that uses Bluetooth. Same portability, PLUS AirPlay streaming works just like any other AirPlay speaker, but with the SoundTouch app you have access to much more, like Pandora and thousands of streaming internet stations. The programmable preset buttons work just like the presets in your car, so you can tune in to a favorite internet radio station, pandora channel, or even stream from your iTunes library, at the touch of a button! AND, with multiple systems, the Play Everywhere feature as well as independent controls are incredible for a house full of great sound! …
- Written by Nate N from PORTLAND
24 of 25 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I use the Bose soundtouch portable system when not at home using the internet connection through my iPad or phone??
- Asked by Ivana B from Sydney
- Dec 26, 2013
yes, but both will need to connect to the wi-fi where you are... ie as a new airplay set up. This ma yes, but both will need to connect to the wi-fi where you are... ie as a new airplay set up. This may or may not always be possible depending on the wi-fi provider eg in a cafe etc.
However, you can always use a 3.5mm plug lead from the headphone socket and plug it in directly in the back - not ideal, but it will overcome any issues of connecting to wi-fi that may happen away from home. …
- Answered by David C from Riverwood
- Dec 29, 2013
Can the Bose SoundTouch play music directly from my iCloud iTunes library using only my home WiFi?
- Asked by Miles M from Bozeman
- Dec 1, 2013
yes, but, you will have to link it via airplay (as you would with any airplay speaker) - in fact, an yes, but, you will have to link it via airplay (as you would with any airplay speaker) - in fact, any mac/ipod/ipad in your house can stream music to this via airplay... so, your itunes library, regardless of where it 'lives', will send music to this... …
- Answered by David C from Riverwood
- Dec 29, 2013