Take your music from room to room with the Bose® SoundTouch™ Portable Wi-Fi Music System. It lets you wirelessly stream iTunes Radio, Internet radio, Pandora, and the music library on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with the touch of a button. If you have an existing home Wi-Fi network, you’re ready to enjoy rich, room-filling sound anywhere in your house. And the rechargeable lithium ion battery keeps it playing for hours.
- Play music wirelessly from an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with AirPlay
- Portable design lets you take it from room to room—even the patio
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery keeps your for hours of listening
- Enjoy wireless access to iTunes Radio, Internet radio, Pandora, and your music library
- Listen to your favorite music at the touch of a button with six personalized presets
- Experience clear, room-filling sound from a compact system
- Works with your existing home Wi-Fi network—no extra equipment necessary
- Free SoundTouch™ app for your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch provides more powerful control, or use the included remote for quick control
- Easily add additional system at any time for a multi-room listening experience
- Along with Wi-Fi, source connections include a 3.5mm auxiliary input
Did you notice?Personalized presets let you select your favorite music with the push of a button.
Apple Recommends ForShare the music on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with wireless convenience.
What's in the Box?
- Bose SoundTouch™ Portable Wi-Fi Music System
- Remote control
- AC power adapter
- USB cable
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, USB
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay
- Speaker Configurations: 2.1
- Drivers: Two 60mm full-range drivers
- Power Source: AC
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 5.8 in./14.85 cm
- Width: 9.8 in./24.83 cm
- Weight: 3.3 lb./1.5 kg
- Length: 2.5 in./6.4 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 355150-1200
- UPC or EAN No.: 017817607124
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit http://www.bose.com/customer_service/owners/warranty/index). Apple is an authorized Bose dealer.
SoundTouch™ app from Bose –
Use the SoundTouch™ app to control your SoundTouch™ system from a smartphone or tablet. When connected to a SoundTouch™ system, you can stream music instantly, or explore Internet radio, available music services, and your music library. Personalize the Presets to your favorite music and stations.
• Control your SoundTouch™ system from your smartphone or tablet
• Provides fast access to your favorite music
• Quickly set your preferred music and stations to Presets
• Explore a wide-range of global and local Internet radio stations
• Access the music services available in your region
• Keep track of your recently-played music
• Control one or multiple systems in the home, from any room
• Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to different music in different rooms …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Super-portable AirPlay speaker, great all around the house!
Just like the other Bose SoundTouch speakers, audio quality is great, even better than the super portable SoundLink Mobile that us Just like the other Bose SoundTouch speakers, audio quality is great, even better than the super portable SoundLink Mobile that uses Bluetooth. Same portability, PLUS AirPlay streaming works just like any other AirPlay speaker, but with the SoundTouch app you have access to much more, like Pandora and thousands of streaming internet stations. The programmable preset buttons work just like the presets in your car, so you can tune in to a favorite internet radio station, pandora channel, or even stream from your iTunes library, at the touch of a button! AND, with multiple systems, the Play Everywhere feature as well as independent controls are incredible for a house full of great sound! …
- Written by Nate N from PORTLAND
28 of 31 people found this useful
One of the reason I chose this speaker is because of Bose brand. It did not take me long to down load the application and my playl One of the reason I chose this speaker is because of Bose brand. It did not take me long to down load the application and my playlists. But we were disappointed with the sound. I called the Bose service line several times, they try helping me but the sound did not improve. The price does not equal to the quality. I am in the process of returning this product. Just not worth the money we paid. …
- Written by Irene B from Wellington
6 of 7 people found this useful
where's the simplicity?
Far too much set up involved for an airplay speaker - download the bose installer application, configure firewall, etc.
The bose Far too much set up involved for an airplay speaker - download the bose installer application, configure firewall, etc.
The bose app was lousy as well. …
- Written by MICHAEL G from Canonsburg
7 of 13 people found this useful
Bought this for the Airplay ability. It is portable. Great Sound. It's like a radio, set stations and access with just a touch Bought this for the Airplay ability. It is portable. Great Sound. It's like a radio, set stations and access with just a touch of the buttons. I can play all speakers in house through iTunes multiple speakers. I have AppleTV, Airport Expresss and the Bose SoundTouch. All work together. Very happy with purchase! …
- Written by Angela V from Frankfort
PORTABLE, POWERFULL AND SMART
This unit is fantastic: I say this because Bose Soundtouch Portable has the (more) powerful and portable of the soundlink models This unit is fantastic: I say this because Bose Soundtouch Portable has the (more) powerful and portable of the soundlink models and the nice features of 6 buttons to listen and to be programable to internet radios, musics, the way you want. I will buy the others soudtouch models to the others rooms of my house. …
- Written by Denis P from Curitiba
When this speaker came out i went running to buy it, expecting the usual high quality bose offers. I've had many Bose speakers, he When this speaker came out i went running to buy it, expecting the usual high quality bose offers. I've had many Bose speakers, headphones and this is by far the worst I've ever bought. I was very willingly to buy it since I hear a lot of music in my room while I play on my Macbook pro, also for watching films and to leave in the bathroom while I shower.
Installing the speaker was a challenge. I am not a Computer Engineer, but I am very good with technology and I even had to call the technical support to get the speaker installed. Ok, so I thought the hardest part was accomplished...but it wasn't. The Soundtouch can't be used for watching films since it has a delay of around 3 seconds, you have to connect it via AUX. While playing any videogames it will make you lag hard every 30-60 seconds over the wifi. Btw it doesn't work with 802.11n, with 802.11b/g/n you get huge lag spikes/short disconnects and with 802.11g you cant watch an HD video while playing music.
Very badly done, I hope it is only the software and that it will be updated in a near future, or i'll sell this in eBay and search for something different. …
- Written by Alejandro C from Madrid
0 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can the Bose SoundTouch play music directly from my iCloud iTunes library using only my home WiFi?
- Asked by Miles M from Bozeman
- Dec 1, 2013
yes, but, you will have to link it via airplay (as you would with any airplay speaker) - in fact, an yes, but, you will have to link it via airplay (as you would with any airplay speaker) - in fact, any mac/ipod/ipad in your house can stream music to this via airplay... so, your itunes library, regardless of where it 'lives', will send music to this... …
- Answered by David C from Riverwood
- Dec 29, 2013
Can I use the Bose soundtouch portable system when not at home using the internet connection through my iPad or phone??
- Asked by Ivana B from Sydney
- Dec 26, 2013
yes, but both will need to connect to the wi-fi where you are... ie as a new airplay set up. This ma yes, but both will need to connect to the wi-fi where you are... ie as a new airplay set up. This may or may not always be possible depending on the wi-fi provider eg in a cafe etc.
However, you can always use a 3.5mm plug lead from the headphone socket and plug it in directly in the back - not ideal, but it will overcome any issues of connecting to wi-fi that may happen away from home. …
- Answered by David C from Riverwood
- Dec 29, 2013