Belkin TuneBase Hands-Free FM lets you listen to your iPod or iPhone music and talk hands-free through your car stereo system. There's no special installation or wiring—TuneBase transmits your music and calls over the strongest FM frequency available.
ClearScan technology helps find the clearest signal at the push of a button. Adjust your stereo to the station, and TuneBase FM does the rest. The easy-to-read display lets you see which station you’re using.
Easily take calls
When a call comes in and with a push of a button, the music will automatically fade out and the caller's voice fades into your car's stereo speakers then comes in loud and clear.
Stay powered up
Plug the FM receiver into your car's 12-volt lighter outlet to keep your iPhone 5 or 5th-generation iPod touch fully charged when listening to music on it.
The swivel cradle allows for horizontal viewing, so you can use the GPS features on your iPhone 5 to best advantage.
- Make and receive calls with the push of a button
- Connects through your car's FM receiver with no special wiring or installation
- ClearScan technology automatically finds the strongest FM station for the best music transmission
- Swiveling cradle allows for horizontal iPhone positioning and easy GPS viewing
- Charges through car's 12-volt lighter outlet
Did you notice?Keeps your iPhone 5 and 5th-generation iPod touch charged.
Apple Recommends ForMount your iPhone 5 or 5th-generation iPod touch in your car so you can listen to music or answer calls through an FM frequency on your car's stereo speakers.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin TuneBase Hands-Free FM
- Quick install guide
- Height: 9.45 in./24 cm
- Width: 2.04 in./5.18 cm
- Weight: 9.6 oz./272.16 g
- Length: 4.84 in./12.3 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: F8J034tt
- UPC or EAN No.: 722868906255
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
The docking feature is amazing, and it's one of the best things I've ever done for my phone and car. It fits the 5, 5c, and 5s, an The docking feature is amazing, and it's one of the best things I've ever done for my phone and car. It fits the 5, 5c, and 5s, and even the new 6. It does not, however, fit the 6+. It's great for navigation and has effectively stopped me from texting and driving.
The down-side is, the FM transmitter. It's about as good of a transmitter you can get, but it's still a FM transmitter. Which means you'll get whatever you're listening to, but clarity and sound quality won't be all there. That said, if your car does not have an AUX port, Bluetooth, or a tape deck, FM transmitters are about the only way to get your music from your phone to your car, and any one you get is going to be lacking in quality.
All in all, it's a pretty good product. …
- Written by Andrew S from Minnetonka
not tuning ...
i tried maybe 4-5 channels, didn't work as clear sound as "Belkin TuneBase Hands-Free Direct with Lightning Connector "... gave up i tried maybe 4-5 channels, didn't work as clear sound as "Belkin TuneBase Hands-Free Direct with Lightning Connector "... gave up trying... changed with the Direct version...
store. apple. com /us/product/HC977ZM/A/belkin-tunebase-hands-free-direct-with-lightning-connector?fnode=48
and i am very comfortable with the Direct version... …
- Written by Umut Deniz K from МОСКВА
1 of 1 people found this useful
Got this 6 days ago and used it for a total of about 2 hours; the digital display already malfunctioned; returned to the Apple sto Got this 6 days ago and used it for a total of about 2 hours; the digital display already malfunctioned; returned to the Apple store and will order another online. When it was working; the FM transmitter functioned OK; obviously in same metropolitan areas with strong FM signals it got staticky. Will try another one before I give up. I have used Belkin products in the past with an older iPod FM transmitter and worked fine. Probably just got a bad unit …
- Written by Thomas C from San Francisco
27 of 33 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I use it with different stereos (no car stereos) in my house simultaneously to listen to music?
- Asked by Carolina Maria C from Ciudad Autónoma De Buenos Aires
- May 11, 2014
Would this product be compatible with the iPhone 5S ?
- Asked by Bryan G from Alhambra
- Sep 29, 2013