Anki DRIVE uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to deliver the first video game in the real world. Each car has been engineered to think: It knows where it is, makes decisions, and drives itself. Using your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or iPad mini you can take control of a car to play against friends or AI cars. But watch your back. Anki DRIVE AI cars have been designed to take you out.
To experience Anki DRIVE each player must have an iPhone 4S or later, iPod touch (5th generation) or later, iPad 3 or later, or iPad mini or later.
- You can play Anki DRIVE against your friends, or against an AI-enabled opponent
- The AI cars own the road; they know your every move—and the more you drive, the more they evolve
- Similar to a video game, your character evolves over time. The more you race, the more points you earn, which you redeem to upgrade your cars' weapons and capabilities
- Up to four vehicles can play at once; you and friends use iOS devices to control one to four of the cars. AI controls any cars you don’t control.
- Anki DRIVE includes a physical track that rolls out to 3.5 by 8.5 feet and is intended for use indoors
- You can place the track on any flat surface, though flooring or a low-pile carpet works best
- Anki DRIVE is suitable for all ages capable of navigating an iOS device
- Additional cars available for separate purchase from Apple: Katal (Blue; part no. HD004); RHO (Red; part no. HD005)
Did you notice?The more you race, the more points you earn, which you redeem to upgrade your cars' weapons and capabilities.
Apple Recommends ForProve your skill using your iPhone and iPod touch to race your car against self-driving, AI-guided cars.
What's in the Box?
- Two Anki DRIVE AI Intelligent Cars and charging cases
- Race mat (3.5 ft. by 8.5 ft./1.07 m by 2.6 m)
- Tire cleaner
- Fast charger
- Mfr. Part Number: 000-00001
- UPC or EAN No.: 810559020004
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
- Anki DRIVE requires at least one compatible iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or iPad mini, though it's best experienced on an iPhone. When playing on an iPad, use 2x mode to see the app in full screen.
WELCOME TO ANKI DRIVE
(Purchase of the Anki Drive Starter Kit Required -- Contains 2 cars, Race Track, Fast Charger, Tire Cleaner)
Anki DRIVE™ uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to deliver a racing game like no other. Each car has been engineered to think, it knows where it is, makes decisions and drives itself. Using your iPhone® 4S, iPod touch® (5th generation), iPad® mini or iPad 3® - or newer, you can take control of a car to play against friends or AI cars.
The game consists of physical cars that race around a track (hardware sold separately). Anki DRIVE cars make thousands of decisions every second, allowing them to drive at high speeds and turn on a dime. Each car is equipped with unique skills and has its own set of weapons and defenses. Earn points to make your car faster, more agile, or upgrade your weapons and shields.
This app is your key to Anki DRIVE. Take control of your car to race against friends or the AI. But watch your back: Anki DRIVE AI cars have been designed to take you out.
The Anki Drive Starter Kit is available at anki.com, Apple.com® , and Apple® retail stores in the US and Canada. …
Ratings & Reviews
What a cool product and change of pace from the rest of the stuff that's out there. First of all, the packaging is great. The way What a cool product and change of pace from the rest of the stuff that's out there. First of all, the packaging is great. The way everything is placed inside of the box is really impressive. Build quality of the mat, cars and charging stations is top-grade. It takes all of 5 minutes to setup and my Iphone found all of the cars right off the bat (I also purchased the other two expansion cars so I have all four). The makers put together a very simple and useful tutorial that demonstrates (while the cars are moving) how to operate everything. After that, myself and my three boys (ages 3, 5, and 8) were on our way to loads of fun. What I like most (so far) about the product is that kids can play for quite some time without having to stop and place a car back on the track when it falls off. The AI takes care of all of that. My 3 year old just likes to race around - shooting occasionally while the 5 and 8 year old battle it out. Putting everything away is very simple. Roll the mat up with the tube it comes with and then put the cars in there "parking garage" in the box. The cars are really cool too. Not flimsy matchbox toys at all. You can tell that a great deal of thought and time went into design and construction. I know this is not a $20 toy and what I spent was close to $400. But like I've always been told and have learned along the way in life...you get what you pay for and this thing is awesome! …
- Written by MICHAEL E from Sterling
340 of 380 people found this useful
Slot Cars - Evolved
Death Race on your kitchen floor! I wanted this ever since I watched the demo at the Apple Keynote. Finally something I can do bet Death Race on your kitchen floor! I wanted this ever since I watched the demo at the Apple Keynote. Finally something I can do better than my 12 year old son. Mom even got in on the action and figured it out pretty quickly. Definitely going to need more than two cars. …
- Written by john S from Sacramento
230 of 280 people found this useful
Up and running in a couple minutes. Easily allows friends to join in the action. Looking forward to updates and more cars.
- Written by Jay S from Jenks
184 of 227 people found this useful
If you EVER wanted slot cars... YOU WANT THIS!
This game is off the charts good! Complex enough to have challenges and differences, but not so complex that you can't teach some This game is off the charts good! Complex enough to have challenges and differences, but not so complex that you can't teach someone to drive and play in ten minutes. The look of the cars and track, the feel of the user interface and software. They all couple together to make this game amazing to play, and fun to watch. (BUT you WANT to be playing!) I have had this since the 1.0 software and the Anki team have since done two software upgrades. It has gotten better and better with more to come. They have four cars total, with a fifth one being promoted. This is great for family time, or the man cave which is what today's tech SHOULD cater to. Only thing I would caution is that since upgrades are tied to the cars, be prepared for people to want to have their OWN cars with their OWN upgrades. Bought the Starter Set and IMMEDIATELY got Rho and Katal to back it up! If you have kids, or groups of friends with iDevices, this is a way to have a LOT of fun at gatherings! BUY THIS AND YOU WILL ENJOY IT! …
- Written by Grant S from Omaha
Worth Every Penny!
I bought the Anki Drive starter kit along with one extra car this holiday...Totally worth the money.
The company is still in its I bought the Anki Drive starter kit along with one extra car this holiday...Totally worth the money.
The company is still in its early stages so it is exciting to think on what they will do next. It's very easy to get the support you need
from the company seeing as they have twitter and reply within the day you tweet them. Perfect for the entire family,
my three year old boys can beat the AI on easy :) …
- Written by Daniel T from Rosemount
1 of 1 people found this useful
Spectacular Fun with Endless Possibilities!
So, here is the thing...this isn't just a racing game that you control with an Apple device. It is intelligent, emerging technolog So, here is the thing...this isn't just a racing game that you control with an Apple device. It is intelligent, emerging technology, and better than any racing game on your PS4 or otherwise! Not only can you constantly build up and upgrade your device. but the artificial intelligence that constantly challenges your abilities is second to none. Kudos to the folks at Anki for creating a game that can be upgraded and evolve over the OS system. What a fantastic product! I urge anyone to try this out...it will not disappoint! …
- Written by Jared B from Pooler
2 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is it compatible with the iPad with Retina Display (4)?
- Asked by Ricardo H from Rincon
- Oct 23, 2013
Yes it is.
The full list of compatible device list is here:
iPh Yes it is.
The full list of compatible device list is here:
iPod® Touch 5th generation
iPad 3rd generation*
iPad 4th generation*
* = need 2x mode to go full screen. …
- Answered by Rick K from Danville
- Oct 24, 2013
Can I play with the car from a remote location?
- Asked by Amy M from Kailua Kona
- Dec 27, 2013
Can you use more than 4 cars? Or can you use more than 1 of the same car?
- Asked by Peter S from London
- Dec 29, 2013
You cannot use more than four cars. That is the maximum amount at this moment. But yes yo Hi Peter,
You cannot use more than four cars. That is the maximum amount at this moment. But yes you can use more than one of the same car. Just make sure to remember which one is yours because it can be hard to keep your eye on it. …
- Answered by Anki C from San Jose
- Dec 31, 2013