Anki DRIVE uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to deliver the first video game in the real world. Each car has been engineered to think: It knows where it is, makes decisions, and drives itself. Using your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or iPad mini you can take control of a car to play against friends or AI cars. But watch your back. Anki DRIVE AI cars have been designed to take you out.
To experience Anki DRIVE each player must have an iPhone 4S or later, iPod touch (5th generation) or later, iPad 3 or later, or iPad mini or later.
- You can play Anki DRIVE against your friends, or against an AI-enabled opponent
- The AI cars own the road; they know your every move—and the more you drive, the more they evolve
- Similar to a video game, your character evolves over time. The more you race, the more points you earn, which you redeem to upgrade your cars' weapons and capabilities
- Up to four vehicles can play at once; you and friends use iOS devices to control one to four of the cars. AI controls any cars you don’t control.
- Anki DRIVE includes a physical track that rolls out to 3.5 by 8.5 feet and is intended for use indoors
- You can place the track on any flat surface, though flooring or a low-pile carpet works best
- Anki DRIVE is suitable for all ages capable of navigating an iOS device
- Additional cars available for separate purchase from Apple: Katal (Blue; part no. HD004); RHO (Red; part no. HD005)
Did you notice?The more you race, the more points you earn, which you redeem to upgrade your cars' weapons and capabilities.
Apple Recommends ForProve your skill using your iPhone and iPod touch to race your car against self-driving, AI-guided cars.
What's in the Box?
- Two Anki DRIVE AI Intelligent Cars and charging cases
- Race mat (3.5 ft. by 8.5 ft./1.07 m by 2.6 m)
- Tire cleaner
- Fast charger
- Mfr. Part Number: 000-00001
- UPC or EAN No.: 810559020004
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
- Anki DRIVE requires at least one compatible iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or iPad mini, though it's best experienced on an iPhone. When playing on an iPad, use 2x mode to see the app in full screen.
Anki Drive Starter Kit required to play (contains 2 cars, Race Track, Fast Charger, Tire Cleaner).
Learn more at anki.com/store.
Part toy, part video game, all-out high-speed family fun. Anki DRIVE is a battle-racing game your whole family can enjoy on any floor in your home. Roll out the track, download the app, and command real robot cars in battle.
Up to four Anki DRIVE cars can race per game, in three exciting game modes: Battle Mode, Race Mode, and Team Mode. In Battle Mode the first car to score a set number of takeouts wins. In Race Mode it’s an all-out fight to the finish line. In Team Mode players can join up with friends or self-controlled cars to battle against opponents. Each human-controlled car requires a dedicated iOS or Android device. Cars not connected to a device can be set to steer and fight for themselves in a race to outsmart their competition.
This app is your key to Anki DRIVE. It puts you in command of your cars and gives you the tools to trick them out. To get in on the action players must have an iPhone 4S or newer, iPod touch (5th generation) or newer, iPad 3 or newer, or iPad mini or newer. The Anki Drive Starter Kit is available at anki.com, Apple.com®, and Apple® retail stores in the US, Canada and UK. …
Ratings & Reviews
What a cool product and change of pace from the rest of the stuff that's out there. First of all, the packaging is great. The way What a cool product and change of pace from the rest of the stuff that's out there. First of all, the packaging is great. The way everything is placed inside of the box is really impressive. Build quality of the mat, cars and charging stations is top-grade. It takes all of 5 minutes to setup and my Iphone found all of the cars right off the bat (I also purchased the other two expansion cars so I have all four). The makers put together a very simple and useful tutorial that demonstrates (while the cars are moving) how to operate everything. After that, myself and my three boys (ages 3, 5, and 8) were on our way to loads of fun. What I like most (so far) about the product is that kids can play for quite some time without having to stop and place a car back on the track when it falls off. The AI takes care of all of that. My 3 year old just likes to race around - shooting occasionally while the 5 and 8 year old battle it out. Putting everything away is very simple. Roll the mat up with the tube it comes with and then put the cars in there "parking garage" in the box. The cars are really cool too. Not flimsy matchbox toys at all. You can tell that a great deal of thought and time went into design and construction. I know this is not a $20 toy and what I spent was close to $400. But like I've always been told and have learned along the way in life...you get what you pay for and this thing is awesome! …
- Written by MICHAEL E from Sterling
413 of 460 people found this useful
Slot Cars - Evolved
Death Race on your kitchen floor! I wanted this ever since I watched the demo at the Apple Keynote. Finally something I can do bet Death Race on your kitchen floor! I wanted this ever since I watched the demo at the Apple Keynote. Finally something I can do better than my 12 year old son. Mom even got in on the action and figured it out pretty quickly. Definitely going to need more than two cars. …
- Written by john S from Sacramento
282 of 341 people found this useful
Up and running in a couple minutes. Easily allows friends to join in the action. Looking forward to updates and more cars.
- Written by Jay S from Jenks
236 of 289 people found this useful
Fun for the Entire Family
We bought this and it has taken over our family room with laughter and fun. It is a throw back to the the ole AMX track car days o We bought this and it has taken over our family room with laughter and fun. It is a throw back to the the ole AMX track car days on steroids. Watch out for minor problems when updating. When problems pop up call their support line and BAAM the problem is solved by a very smart, customer oriented, and helpful, customer service tech. They do not fall behind excuses & canned responses, they work with you to quickly solve the problem. The tracks are fun as well. Get all three and enjoy!! I would recommend buying everything on other ISP stores for it is always cheaper and you receive it faster. Apple could learn a thing or two about honest customer service and competitive prices. Fun for ages 10 and up unless you have a gamer youngster in the mix. Buy it if you are sitting on the fence it really is worth it. Have fun everyone!!! …
- Written by Steve C from Austin
9 of 12 people found this useful
The ai system in the cars are amazing they never stop working that always stay on the track there great .
- Written by RYAN H from MONTREAL
18 of 22 people found this useful
Some of the one star reviews say the cars come off the track, race is coming etc. Race mode is now avalible and the track needs to Some of the one star reviews say the cars come off the track, race is coming etc. Race mode is now avalible and the track needs to be flat and cleaned to prevent cars coming off the track. I liked it and it is worth the $200 …
- Written by Packroy L from Danville
18 of 22 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
What kind of battery do I need for the starter kit?
- Asked by Jorge V from Palm Coast
- Nov 29, 2014
None, the starter kit comes with two cars with their charging docs. plug those docs into the Micro U None, the starter kit comes with two cars with their charging docs. plug those docs into the Micro USB to USB cable included to charge. you can get about 20 min of play from a 4-8 min charge. …
- Answered by Gabriel C from Austin
- Dec 15, 2014
Of Course! The starter kit comes with two cars already, additional cars will cost you an extra $50 a Of Course! The starter kit comes with two cars already, additional cars will cost you an extra $50 and more additional tracks are $70. This is perfect for kids, especially siblings so they can learn to to get along and share. …
- Answered by Gabriel C from Austin
- Dec 15, 2014
Does this product communicate the iphone and car via bluetooth? or does it need a network signal constantly?
- Asked by Gurpal S
- Dec 2, 2014
The cars communicate through the supported iPhone and iPad models using a Bluetooth connection.
- Answered by Frank R from Sale Lake City
- Dec 4, 2014
My tablet through Verizon is connected to my iPhone 6 service..... Would that work to play anki drive?
- Asked by Nicole R from Linden
- Dec 11, 2014
How durable is the mat? Can I fold it up to fit in a suitcase?
- Asked by Kim C from Toronto
- Nov 13, 2013
The race track is very durable. It is made out of the same Vinyl used to make Jumpy houses. Hi Kim,
The race track is very durable. It is made out of the same Vinyl used to make Jumpy houses. But please keep in mind that it is very important to take good care of the printed side of it. You should not fold it up at all. It will create bad creases and mess up the ink on it. That will affect your game play dramatically. Use the tube and protection sheet provided with Starter Kit to make sure it stays smooth and in good condition. We also recommend that once you roll it up with the protection sheet and tube, you use the Velcro straps to keep it secure and also keep it in the Starter Kit box. This will keep it stored safely. …
- Answered by Anki C from San Jose
- Nov 14, 2013