The Mophie Juice Pack Air safeguards your iPhone 5 from the bumps and bruises of daily life—while its integrated battery provides up to 100% more power than the iPhone itself. Thanks to premium materials, pass-through controls, and a low-profile design, this is a beautifully practical companion for your iPhone.
- Complete edge to edge protection for iPhone 5
- Smart battery technology instructs the iPhone to always drain the Juice Pack's battery first
- Rechargeable smart battery concealed inside a lightweight, soft-touch case
- Pass-through buttons emulate iPhone 5 controls for volume up/down, hold, and mute switch
- Certified “Made for iPhone” product
- Integrated four-light LED status indicator to show how much battery is left
- Simultaneously charge your iPhone and Juice Pack
- Toggle between charging and standby with the flip of a switch
Did you notice?A patent-pending pass-through mute switch provides easy control.
Apple Recommends ForDouble the talk or music-listening time on your iPhone 5, while keeping it protected.
What's in the Box?
- mophie Juice Pack Air
- Micro USB cable
- User manual
- Pass-through headphone extension
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Height: 5.54 in./14.07 cm
- Width: 2.6 in./6.56 cm
- Weight: 2.68 oz./75.9 g
- Length: 0.63 in./1.6 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 2565_JPA-IP5-BLK
- UPC or EAN No.: 810472021058
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Not as Advertised
I recently purchased a new iPhone 5S and also purchased the Mophie Juice Pack too. I did this for a couple of reasons. First of al I recently purchased a new iPhone 5S and also purchased the Mophie Juice Pack too. I did this for a couple of reasons. First of all, I had one with my iPhone 4S and really liked it since I use my phone primarily for business and travel quite a bit. Secondly, they advertise that the charging is 100% which is more than the past models which helps to justify an increase in price. Having had success in the past it was a no brainer. However, the battery case does not charge 100%. Instead the most I get is an increase from 25% to 90% which is about what my previous case gave me at a lower price. While the output is okay it is 35% less than what is advertised and not worth the increased price! How can the company make such claims and justify the price increase when "real" life usage varies this much?
When considering the purchase of this battery case keep this in mind. You will likely not get the 100% they claim and it's pricey. That said, if you can live with 65% then by all means make the purchase. Just know what your getting in reality …
- Written by Ronald G B from Flower Mound
95 of 108 people found this useful
Does what It was supposed to do
I purchased the Mophie Juice Pack because I was tired of having to re-charge my phone overnight, and again sometime during the nex I purchased the Mophie Juice Pack because I was tired of having to re-charge my phone overnight, and again sometime during the next day (usually once the charge got down to ~30%). I have a really nice, handmade, burled walnut case, and I was also concerned about missing the 'beauty' of the phone/case by using the plain black juice pack.
Here's what I found:
- The battery life is now very good. I charged the battery overnight on Sunday (as usual), used the phone all day on Monday (as normal), kicked in the juice pack after about 13 hours of being off the charger (which allowed me to go from 20% to 97% charge), then actually plugged my phone back in for the first time on Tuesday afternoon (with about 50% battery remaining). Just what I wanted.
- I don't notice any significant loss of wi-fi signal
- I occasionally notice a drop in about 1 bar of signal strength (so 4 bars instead of 5 in some places). However I still get 5 bars in lots of places, even with the juice pack case on the phone.
- The juice pack didn't substantially increase the size of the phone (it actually was about the same thickness as my fancy case)
- The phone's length changed a little bit (longer now w/ the juice pack), but that's not a bad thing as it feels good in my hand...actually a little more substantial. Plus, w/ the juice pack, the microphones on the bottom of the device are actually now more 'directed' towards my mouth. Siri and voice dictation seems to be more accurate now.
- I was worried about difficulties of using the headphone extension plug, but i had to use it once, and it wasn't a big deal. Sound quality using the extension was still phone. I just added the extension to my accessories pack that i normally carry anyway.
- I'd recommend to others who were looking for the same solutions. …
- Written by John T from Raleigh
60 of 67 people found this useful
Why not a lightning receptacle on the bottom?
The thing that I dislike about this charger is that it requires a mini-USB plug to charge it. If I own an iPhone 5 and I have cha The thing that I dislike about this charger is that it requires a mini-USB plug to charge it. If I own an iPhone 5 and I have chargers for it in my car, home and office that use the lightning plug, why would Mophie not use a female iPhone lightning compatible receptacle on the bottom of their case? That means always being forced to carry a separate plug/mini-USB cable to charge it. Why in the heck didn't they charge just a wee bit more to do it right?
As much promise as the charging case held, the case was purchased all for convenience and there is nothing convenient about this design. Mophie: Why don't you come out with a model a little more expensive to cover your costs and do it right for the people who don't want one more special cable or adapter to carry around with them. Maybe somebody will listen and fix this mess. …
- Written by Jim P from SPRINGDALE
91 of 132 people found this useful
Good idea, bad design
Pros- Makes your phone battery last seemingly forever
Durable case to also protect the phone
Cons- doesn't have a lightning co Pros- Makes your phone battery last seemingly forever
Durable case to also protect the phone
Cons- doesn't have a lightning connector on the bottom so you need a second cord to charge and need to take the case off to sync photos.
MAJOR complaint is that the headphone jack is virtually inaccessible. Comes with a short adapter but in 2 months the adapter has broken twice.
I was surprised to find out that this product has been around for a few years because the issues are what you would expect from a first generation version, not a third or fourth. …
- Written by Ryan R from Wayne
I have a 5s and I bought the Mophie Air with "compatible with iPhone 5s" on the box...
1) the claim of "up to 100% battery I have a 5s and I bought the Mophie Air with "compatible with iPhone 5s" on the box...
1) the claim of "up to 100% battery" is not even in the ballpark. It's more like 50% after 2 weeks use. What is the purpose of adding substantial bulk to the beautifully designed iPhone when you're not getting close to the advertised battery life?
2) If you have smaller hands this makes the 5s ergonomically terrible. I can't use the "one hand" only user interface.
3) The connector is NOT via lightning. This is absurd, I can't even charge it in my car with the case on.
1) Phone fees secure but with this much bulk I would hope so.
In summary, I don't see the purpose of owning an iPhone and adding this much bulk to it. It just defeats the purpose especially when you're not getting close to the advertised battery life. Add to it the inconveniences and this is a return for me. …
- Written by Sai K from New York
I had hoped it would work beter.
-Battery life is suspect. It runs down quick. I do not beleive it "doubles" batt I had hoped it would work beter.
-Battery life is suspect. It runs down quick. I do not beleive it "doubles" battery life.
-Having to use the mini-USB coord is a pain.
-Doubles the size of Iphone.
The apple lighting connecter is great, having to convert the car, computer and house to charge the Juice Pack Air with mini-USB is a throwback.
Again....just okay. …
- Written by Rob S from PAPILLION
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
No. The iphone 4 has totally different dimensions. Consult the mophie website for more information o No. The iphone 4 has totally different dimensions. Consult the mophie website for more information on cases available for the iphone 5s. …
- Answered by Jillane S from Lititz
- Sep 18, 2013
does the factory earphone plugs into the case or does it have to use the adaptor?
- Asked by William C from Rowland Heights
- Nov 11, 2013
No answers yet
No, the iPhone 5C is just a little thicker than the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S.
- Answered by Michael S from Kennesaw
- Oct 7, 2013
How does this juice pack compare to the iphone 4 juice pack? Because there was a lot of disappointment with the iphone 4 juice pack version.
- Asked by Shannel K from Valencia
- Sep 18, 2013