Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is the fastest, most seamless, and most intuitive way to run Windows* and Mac applications side by side, without rebooting. Powerful performance lets you run Windows productivity applications—even graphics intensive ones—with ease. If you're new to Mac, keep the familiar Windows experience on your Mac. If you love the look and feel of Mac OS, make Windows invisible while still using its applications. Either way, run Windows and Mac applications side by side with no compromises in performance.
Mac OS X Mountain Lion support
Run Windows applications like they were made for Mac. Experience Mountain Lion's intuitive features like Launchpad and Mission Control even while running Windows applications.
Versatile for home and school
Let one Mac take care of all your computing needs. Run the Windows programs you need for work and play and the Mac applications you love side by side without rebooting.
Get started quickly
All the time and money you've invested into outfitting your PC goes right into your Mac. The Parallels Wizard makes it simple to move everything from your PC to your Mac.
Perfect if you're new to Mac
Start with the familiar look of Windows. Then add more and more of the Mac look, feel, and experience to your Windows programs at your pace.
- Access your Mac and Windows applications from anywhere with the Parallels Mobile App for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch**
- Comes loaded on a free USB flash drive
- Select up to 1GB of video memory for your most graphics-intensive Windows programs
- Use a wide variety of design programs and games with DirectX 9.0c/9Ex and Shader Model 3 support
- Take advantage of support for Mac OS X Mountain Lion, including running it as a guest OS
- Immerse yourself in your favorite games, music, and videos with 7.1 surround sound support
- Boot Windows even faster than in earlier versions of Parallels
- Full support for Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, Chrome, and Linux
- Easily copy and paste formatted text and images between Windows and Mac
- Multi-touch trackpad gestures for navigating through Windows applications like in Mac applications
- Organize multiple windows with Mission Control
- Choose from four view modes and have as much or as little Windows as you want
- Copy and paste and drag and drop between Mac and Windows applications
- New Presentation Wizard lets you easily and beautifully show presentations from your Mac on any external monitor or projector
- Switch from Safari to the same web page in Internet Explorer with a single click
- Easily use USB 3.0 devices
- Employ Mountain Lion's Dictation capabilities in Windows applications
Did you notice?Lets you use convenient Mac OS X features such as Mission Control and Launchpad while running Windows applications.
Apple Recommends ForFor students and teachers who want the fastest, smartest, and most powerful way to run Windows on their Mac without rebooting.
What's in the Box?
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
- 8GB Kingston USB thumbdrive
- Product download for Macs without optical drive
- Complimentary Mac and Windows security software trial subscriptions from Norton and Kaspersky and online back up and recover from Acronis
- Internet Access: Some Features Require Internet Access
- Media: FlashMedia
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor (Intel Core Solo and Core Duo processors no longer supported)
- At least 700 MB of free hard-drive space for Parallels Desktop installation plus space to allocate to your virtual machine.
- 4 GB of RAM recommended to run Windows 7
- Mfr. Part Number: PDFML-SL220-EN
- UPC or EAN No.: 846829001220
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- *Windows and other operating systems sold separately. **Separate purchase from the App Store.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
If I have an online database only compatible with windows / microsoft explorer will this product allow for me to download it to my mac?
- Asked by Charity L from Cleburne
- May 14, 2014
If buy this flashdrive can I load microsoft office for windows?
- Asked by Michelle M from New Waterford
- Feb 1, 2014
You would still need to have Windows OS disc in order to load Microsoft onto the computer thru Paral You would still need to have Windows OS disc in order to load Microsoft onto the computer thru Parallels. Or you can always download the trial version for Microsfot for Mac. …
- Answered by Tiffany P from North Chesterfield
- Feb 11, 2014
I need MS Access for school. Can I just buy Parallels, then buy Access and I'm good to go? Or do I need to buy Parallels, Access AND Windows?
- Asked by Jane U from Burnaby
- Jan 7, 2014
You need to buy Parallels, Windows OS and MS Access. There are other alternatives too.
- Answered by Karthikeyan S from Charlotte
- Jan 9, 2014
Do I have to purchase a separate Windows OS7 to install on my Macbook to work with Parallels?
- Asked by Steven M from Broken Arrow
- Dec 12, 2013