Designed by Urbanears, a Scandinavian collective promoting deeper connections to color, form, and people, Plattan Plus makes a powerful audio and fashion statement.
Share your media
The "zound plug" on the right ear cap is a built-in splitter, so anyone can plug their headphones into your Plattan Plus and share your music or even listen in on a conference call.
This on-ear design blocks out a substantial amount of background noise for optimal listening in any environment. Also, the second-generation ear cushions are extremely soft, ensuring comfortable long-term wear.
An integrated three-button remote and microphone system let you control virtually everything directly from the fabric cable. Answer and hang-up phone calls or play, pause, and skip music tracks. And, of course, control the volume.
The collapsible design allows the ear cushions to fold into the headband for added protection and superior mobility.
Thanks to its striking monochromatic color, Plattan Plus becomes a fun yet sophisticated part of your wardrobe.
- Compatible with iPod, iPhone, and iPad
- Integrated three-button remote and microphone
- “Zound plug” acts as a built-in splitter, letting you share your media
- Collapsible design makes for easy transport
- Monochromatic design makes a strong fashion statement
Did you notice?The "zound plug" lets you and your friend enjoy the same music or movie—just plug their headphones into your Plattan Plus.
Apple Recommends ForTake full control of media on your iPod, iPhone, or iPad, while also experiencing advanced sound.
What's in the Box?
- Urbanears Plattan Plus Headphones
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 60 Ohms
- THD: 40mW
- Other Features: Foldable, With Mic, With Remote and Mic, Sound Isolating
- Form Factor: On Ear
- Cable Length: 47 in./1.19 m
- Height: 7.0 in./17.78 cm
- Width: 3.0 in./7.62 cm
- Weight: 8.0 oz./226.8 g
- Length: 6.0 in./15.24 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 4090179
- UPC or EAN No.: 7340055301794
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year premium replacement warranty. (For details please visit http://www.urbanears.com/support/warranty)
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
VERY GOOD for the money!
I just unpacked these headphones, and while I've been listening to them for a grand total of 15 minutes, I can tell you this:
1) I just unpacked these headphones, and while I've been listening to them for a grand total of 15 minutes, I can tell you this:
1) The sound quality is VERY good. Decent bass response, very good clarity through entire range.
2) The fit is, for me, very good. I have a large head (open to jokes), and most over-the-ear headphones don't fit exactly the way they should.
These fit very well, aren't too tight, and do a decent job of canceling noise through the pads.
3) When used with my iPhone 5S, the mic works very well, although there seems to be a little background noise present, even in the office.
4) The price tag, just over the halfway mark on $100, seems VERY reasonable to me for the quality I've described thus far.
In my opinion, this is an excellent pair of headphones for the money. Nicest I've ever owned- I've been mucking around with ear buds for years! No more! Give them a shot if you're not ultra-particular (or even if you are??)... you won't be sorry! …
- Written by Kirt L from Moorhead
13 of 13 people found this useful
Outstanding sound for the price
Spent about a day looking for a set that had a mic, remote, volume control along with enough volume so that my iPhone wasn't maxed Spent about a day looking for a set that had a mic, remote, volume control along with enough volume so that my iPhone wasn't maxed out during playback. The Plattan Plus beat out Sennheisers, Bose, Sony and Beats handily and came in at a better price than all of those units. The on-ear pads are quite comfortable for 2 hours of listening. Headband has just the right amount of flex so that your ears are not mashed, but the pads still seal out external noise quite nicely. The no-tangle cord is excellent. I appreciated the rubber surround on the remote/mic, seems much more sturdy that most other plastic models. Equally important for iPhone playback is the 3.5mm plug is slim enough to fit into the phone when a case is attached.
You'll start to pay more attention to your EQ settings and bitrate quality on recorded songs when using these headphones. I heard things I've never before experienced in my music collection. Very good for jazz, acoustic listening. …
- Written by Benjamin J from Denver
142 of 145 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can these headphones be used with hearing aids?
- Asked by Alvin G from Malverne
- May 23, 2011
I wear powerful hearing aids in both ears. You cannot put these headphones over your hearing aids. I wear powerful hearing aids in both ears. You cannot put these headphones over your hearing aids. wear the headphone without hearing aids - they are more powerful than the aids. You get excellent sound. …
- Answered by Beth R from Trail
- May 28, 2011
can u talk through the headphone wen u call some one on ipod touch 4g using face time?
- Asked by Canika H
- Sep 20, 2011
Yes, the mic is compatible with any apple device with the microphone function enabled. All headphone Yes, the mic is compatible with any apple device with the microphone function enabled. All headphones with mics I've used have been compatible with my ipod touch 4th gen, so I cant see why this wouldnt be. …
- Answered by Caila G from Winter Park
- Dec 4, 2011
Does the package that you buy the headphones in come with a case included (for in you bag)?
- Asked by Eline B
- Aug 31, 2014
Just got my UE Plattan Plus. No extra carrying case.
- Answered by John V from Brockport
- Sep 15, 2014
Are these headphones compatible for iPad Air? Not on compatibility list? If so do they plug into the headset jack, do you need an adapter?
- Asked by Dennis D from Coos Bay
- Apr 12, 2014
Yes these do work with my iPad Air. No adapter needed. (I have an Apple leather case on my iPad Air Yes these do work with my iPad Air. No adapter needed. (I have an Apple leather case on my iPad Air and the fit with the case on. ) …
- Answered by Tina C from Bellevue
- May 29, 2014
can these work with my xbox 360?
- Asked by Jennifer J from South Windsor
- Dec 9, 2013
If you mean plugging the headphones in to the controller , then no they are not comparable. The Xbox If you mean plugging the headphones in to the controller , then no they are not comparable. The Xbox controller does not fit a 3.5mm headphone jack …
- Answered by Mauriel C from Jacksonville
- Dec 11, 2013
Do the pros outweigh the cons?
- Asked by Chiling C from Burnaby
- Dec 1, 2011
I have had them for quite a while. I have a large head and have found them to be quite comfortble. I I have had them for quite a while. I have a large head and have found them to be quite comfortble. I fly quite a bit and use them on the plane. They are the best headphones I have ever found for the price. You can also get them in many colors. …
- Answered by Curtis C from Buhl
- Dec 26, 2011