Only 3.5-inches deep when fully packed, Cocoon's SLIM backpack cradles your MacBook Pro, iPad, and documents in luxurious interior pockets. Thanks to water-resistant ballistic nylon construction and waterproof zippers, SLIM keeps everything inside safe and dry. Its adjustable shoulder straps, minimalist design, and gunmetal hardware also provide loads of comfort and style. And the unique full-size GRID-IT! pocket lets you securely store items vertically, so you can say farewell to a messy bag.
- Only 3.5 inches deep when fully packed
- GRID-IT! organization system—rubberized woven elastic bands that hold your chargers, cords, headphones, and gadgets
- Padded MacBook compartment holds up to 15-inch MacBook Pro
- iPad compartment
- Interior completely lined in faux suede
- Interior document pocket
- Exterior zipper compartment for additional storage
- Water-resistant ballistic nylon exterior
- Waterproof zippers
- Gunmetal hardware
- Adjustable shoulder straps
Did you notice?The built-in GRID-IT! system of woven elastic bands hold all your miscellaneous gear neatly in place.
Apple Recommends ForCarry your MacBook Pro, iPad, and other essentials in padded safety.
What's in the Box?
- Cocoon SLIM Backpack
- Form Factor: Backpack
- Material: Fabric
- Height: 16.75 in./42.54 cm
- Width: 2.75 in./7 cm
- Weight: 2.5 lb./1.13 kg
- Length: 12.25 in./31.1 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: HC566
- UPC or EAN No.: 845774004232
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
Nothing like it!
I've been looking for a "slim" bag to carry my tech around. I travel a lot so I didn't want anything too bulky. This bag fits pe I've been looking for a "slim" bag to carry my tech around. I travel a lot so I didn't want anything too bulky. This bag fits perfectly under the seat in front of me on the plane and with the built-in Grid everything I need is at my finger tips. LOVE IT!!! …
- Written by David S from new york
65 of 67 people found this useful
Best backpack I've ever owned
I've had this backpack since early July and LOVE it. Even with a laptop and iPad and all my items in the front GridIt pocket, it r I've had this backpack since early July and LOVE it. Even with a laptop and iPad and all my items in the front GridIt pocket, it remains thin, easy to carry, and easy to find my stuff. The exterior material adequately protects the insides from the elements, and the back padding + straps are very comfortable.
Highly recommended. …
- Written by Daniel K from Hewlett
61 of 61 people found this useful
One of the best backpacks ever!
I use this for school, so that means I have a calculator, six folders, my iPad, a notebook, and occasionally my Macbook Pro. It fi I use this for school, so that means I have a calculator, six folders, my iPad, a notebook, and occasionally my Macbook Pro. It fits everything great and stays slim!
The bands are great organizers and it lets you stand out at school :D
It hasn't leaked yet and nothing seems to be breaking, so sweet :D …
- Written by Cameron W from Canton
43 of 43 people found this useful
Best backpack I've ever owned!
This isn't going to be an informative review at all because all I want to say is that I like everything about this backpack. :)
- Written by Jayson E from Mesa
2 of 2 people found this useful
The perfect case for a 15" MBPr & iPad Air
This backpack is absolutely phenomenal. Lappy and tablet fit very nicely in their compartment and the accessory grid space is perf This backpack is absolutely phenomenal. Lappy and tablet fit very nicely in their compartment and the accessory grid space is perfect for cables, external drive, and whatnot that becomes giant rats nests in other bags. The ONLY concern I have found: one of the product photos suggest placing the power block in a pocket in the laptop compartment. I felt that would exert pressure on the lappy and tablet. But they include a nice velcro strap that integrates into the grid on the other side. I use that to wrap up the power block and it doesn't push on the hardware at all. As the title suggests, I have recently upgraded all my gear. Lots of fun, new, shiny things but this backpack may be my favorite part. If I could give it six stars, I would. …
- Written by Daniel N from Nashville
1 of 1 people found this useful
Perfect bag for tech professionals
This is a really cool backpack. It's very comfortable, very slim and quite stylish. (reminds me of an older TUMI bag I have which This is a really cool backpack. It's very comfortable, very slim and quite stylish. (reminds me of an older TUMI bag I have which is 3x the price). The best part is the integrated grid-it in the entire front pocket. I've bought 3 different sized Grid-Its before to use in my other bags but the grid inside this backpack is just so much better designed because is it not only very large but the layout of the rubber bands make it very easy to organize both big and small items. The only downside is there isn't very much room to carry books and other non-tech gadgets. …
- Written by Rollin S from Palo Alto
5 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can it hold a 13 inch macbook snuggly?
- Asked by Zaneta S from Perth
- Oct 24, 2013
Yes. I've been using it with the new 13 inch MacBook Pro and it fits perfectly. Doesn't rattle aroun Yes. I've been using it with the new 13 inch MacBook Pro and it fits perfectly. Doesn't rattle around at all when I'm walking around with it. …
- Answered by Jayson E from Mesa
- Nov 6, 2013
Can the cocoon SLIM Backpack hold a MBP with a case on it?
- Asked by Strauss V from Lehi
- Nov 9, 2013
Yes it can!
- Answered by Deborah F from New York
- Nov 25, 2013
Can the cocoon slim backpack hold binders in it or just gadgets?
- Asked by Bib B from Edmonton
- Oct 3, 2013
This does have room for binders and the like, but not very much so don't plan on carrying a lot of b This does have room for binders and the like, but not very much so don't plan on carrying a lot of books or binders. As for other backpacks like this, I'm not 100% sure, but as far as I know, no. …
- Answered by Joe O from Sanborn
- Oct 6, 2013