Only 3.5-inches deep when fully packed, Cocoon's SLIM backpack cradles your MacBook Pro, iPad, and documents in luxurious interior pockets. Thanks to water-resistant ballistic nylon construction and waterproof zippers, SLIM keeps everything inside safe and dry. Its adjustable shoulder straps, minimalist design, and gunmetal hardware also provide loads of comfort and style. And the unique full-size GRID-IT! pocket lets you securely store items vertically, so you can say farewell to a messy bag.
- Only 3.5 inches deep when fully packed
- GRID-IT! organization system—rubberized woven elastic bands that hold your chargers, cords, headphones, and gadgets
- Padded MacBook compartment holds up to 15-inch MacBook Pro
- iPad compartment
- Interior completely lined in faux suede
- Interior document pocket
- Exterior zipper compartment for additional storage
- Water-resistant ballistic nylon exterior
- Waterproof zippers
- Gunmetal hardware
- Adjustable shoulder straps
Did you notice?The built-in GRID-IT! system of woven elastic bands hold all your miscellaneous gear neatly in place.
Apple Recommends ForCarry your MacBook Pro, iPad, and other essentials in padded safety.
What's in the Box?
- Cocoon SLIM Backpack
- Form Factor: Backpack
- Material: Fabric
- Height: 16.75 in./42.54 cm
- Width: 2.75 in./7 cm
- Weight: 2.5 lb./1.13 kg
- Length: 12.25 in./31.1 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: HC566
- UPC or EAN No.: 845774004232
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
Nothing like it!
I've been looking for a "slim" bag to carry my tech around. I travel a lot so I didn't want anything too bulky. This bag fits pe I've been looking for a "slim" bag to carry my tech around. I travel a lot so I didn't want anything too bulky. This bag fits perfectly under the seat in front of me on the plane and with the built-in Grid everything I need is at my finger tips. LOVE IT!!! …
- Written by David S from new york
116 of 120 people found this useful
Best backpack I've ever owned
I've had this backpack since early July and LOVE it. Even with a laptop and iPad and all my items in the front GridIt pocket, it r I've had this backpack since early July and LOVE it. Even with a laptop and iPad and all my items in the front GridIt pocket, it remains thin, easy to carry, and easy to find my stuff. The exterior material adequately protects the insides from the elements, and the back padding + straps are very comfortable.
Highly recommended. …
- Written by Daniel K from Hewlett
106 of 110 people found this useful
One of the best backpacks ever!
I use this for school, so that means I have a calculator, six folders, my iPad, a notebook, and occasionally my Macbook Pro. It fi I use this for school, so that means I have a calculator, six folders, my iPad, a notebook, and occasionally my Macbook Pro. It fits everything great and stays slim!
The bands are great organizers and it lets you stand out at school :D
It hasn't leaked yet and nothing seems to be breaking, so sweet :D …
- Written by Cameron W from Canton
86 of 88 people found this useful
Good quality, Very specific
Purchased this backpack a few weeks ago and had to return it. Had it as a commuter with my 15 inch macbook pro. The grid is extrem Purchased this backpack a few weeks ago and had to return it. Had it as a commuter with my 15 inch macbook pro. The grid is extremely useful to hold your items. The bag gets extremely heavy and bothersome on your back because everything is confined to one area. The grid part again is useful, but you always have to unzip that pocket entirely to get something thats on the bottom. Cool bag if your not going far and dont need to bring to much with you. If you are an audio engineer like myself or a video person this may not be the bag for you. I like to have one bag for all of my items to consolidate things. Check it out in the store before you purchase. …
- Written by Nick D from Staten Island
4 of 4 people found this useful
Awesome Backpack A little Pricey though
Have had the backpack for 3 days now and the stitching on the left strap started coming undone. besides that the backpack is great Have had the backpack for 3 days now and the stitching on the left strap started coming undone. besides that the backpack is great and awesome for carrying my 15" retina macbook pro and ipad air. going to the apple store today to exchange it for the same one!! …
- Written by Miguel E from INGLEWOOD
5 of 5 people found this useful
really big and heavy!
The 'SLIM' backpack is entirely a misnomer. This sucker is way way too big. What is the point in slimming down the mac books and The 'SLIM' backpack is entirely a misnomer. This sucker is way way too big. What is the point in slimming down the mac books and then getting something twice its weight to carry it. Me no likey. I just bought the STM linear bag and its a million times better, lighter, and far more stylish. …
- Written by Jody R from Salt lake City
6 of 27 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can the bag hold a dslr camera (average size)
- Asked by Alan V from Herndon
- Jan 18, 2014
no..its only really good if you carry your laptop iPad iPhone and lots of accessories no bulky items
- Answered by Anderson A from Bronx
- Feb 19, 2014
Does this backpack fit the macbook air 11 inch without it being loose?
- Asked by Tahj B from Harrisburg
- Feb 7, 2014
is it TSA approved?
- Asked by Theresa D from Columbus
- Jan 23, 2014
It doesn't come with a stamp, but I bring this as a personal item in addition to my carry on. Works It doesn't come with a stamp, but I bring this as a personal item in addition to my carry on. Works great, especially if you're always on the move. …
- Answered by Noah K from Omaha
- Feb 2, 2014
Can the cocoon slim backpack hold binders in it or just gadgets?
- Asked by Bib B from Edmonton
- Oct 3, 2013
This does have room for binders and the like, but not very much so don't plan on carrying a lot of b This does have room for binders and the like, but not very much so don't plan on carrying a lot of books or binders. As for other backpacks like this, I'm not 100% sure, but as far as I know, no. …
- Answered by Joe O from Sanborn
- Oct 6, 2013