The JBL Flip portable speaker streams stereo music wirelessly from any Bluetooth-equipped iPad, iPhone, iPod, or other device.
Built-in bass port
Some portable speakers struggle to produce bass, but not JBL FLIP. Using a built-in bass port, the speakers generate big bass that's superior to comparable portable products.
Digital signal processing
The JBL Flip employs digital signal processing to generate room-filling audio with great bass from a compact speaker.
Built-in microphone and call-answer button
Not all of the sounds from the JBL Flip come from your music. There's a microphone and a call-answer button so you can answer phone calls from the speaker.
Five-hour, Li-ion rechargeable battery
The built-in Li-ion rechargeable battery provides up to five hours of playback time. You can easily recharge the battery using the adapter, which saves you battery hassles and money.
Versatile, portable design
The JBL Flip stereo speaker plays from either a vertical or horizontal position, so you can place it in a variety of locations. And it fits easily into a backpack, so you can take it from one place to the next.
A clearly visible LED lets you know when the built-in battery needs to be recharged, as well as when the JBL Flip is in Bluetooth listening or pairing mode.
- Bluetooth technology for wireless music streaming
- Bass port for impressive, impactful sound
- Hear only the best sound via FLIP's digital signal processing
- Take calls using the speaker's built-in microphone and call-answer button
- Enjoy music for up to five hours with the powerful rechargeable battery
- Adjust volume from your streaming device for ultimate convenience
Did you notice?While streaming music, you can take calls, hang up, and then return to the music uninterrupted.
Apple Recommends ForWirelessly share the music on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod at parties, get-togethers, at the beach, or in the office.
What's in the Box?
- JBL Flip stereo speaker with Bluetooth technology
- AC adapter
- Neoprene carrying pouch
- Quick start guide
- Frequency Response: 150Hz-20kHz
- Other Features: Bluetooth
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Speaker Configurations: Stereo
- Drivers: Two
- Power Source: AC, Battery Power
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 6.31 in./16 cm
- Width: 2.44 in./6.2 cm
- Weight: 0.77 lb./0.35 kg
- Length: 2.44 in./6.2 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: JBLFLIPREDAM
- UPC or EAN No.: 050036317306
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can the jbl flip still can be use when charging..?
- Asked by Asiah A from Kotakinabalu
- Feb 18, 2014
Yes, I keep mine charging all the time which includes when I'm playing music.
- Answered by Christina B from San Diego
- Feb 19, 2014
How do I connect my iPhone to the JBL Speaker?
- Asked by Natalie C from Honolulu
- Mar 8, 2014
No answers yet
Will this product be compatible with the Macbook pro/ Macbook air?
- Asked by Jennifer S from Coquitlam
- Dec 4, 2012
Called Apple who called JBL. The great apple support person said yes.
- Answered by Gerard Gary D from Shickshinny
- Dec 11, 2012
will they work with my macbook pro laptop? Does the laptop have the capabilities to connect to them bluetooth or can they be connected with a adapter
- Asked by Donna R from Everett
- Dec 22, 2012
Just bought JBL Flip. It sounds great!! pairs well with IPhone 4S. Will not pair with my MacBookAir. Just bought JBL Flip. It sounds great!! pairs well with IPhone 4S. Will not pair with my MacBookAir. Disappointing but not a deal breaker. Mini to Mini plug works just great. Still Disappointing because it makes little sense to me since my Air has Bluetooth. …
- Answered by Michael K from Cape Elizabeth
- Dec 28, 2012
Does this product also hold a charge on an Iphone 5?
- Asked by Josh T from Arbor Vitae
- Mar 2, 2013
Is this JBL compatible with iPad Air ?
- Asked by Telemachos G
- Jan 7, 2014
Yes it is compatible.
- Answered by Cristiano A from Brasilia
- Jan 12, 2014