The JBL Flip portable speaker streams stereo music wirelessly from any Bluetooth-equipped iPad, iPhone, iPod, or other device.
Built-in bass port
Some portable speakers struggle to produce bass, but not JBL FLIP. Using a built-in bass port, the speakers generate big bass that's superior to comparable portable products.
Digital signal processing
The JBL Flip employs digital signal processing to generate room-filling audio with great bass from a compact speaker.
Built-in microphone and call-answer button
Not all of the sounds from the JBL Flip come from your music. There's a microphone and a call-answer button so you can answer phone calls from the speaker.
Five-hour, Li-ion rechargeable battery
The built-in Li-ion rechargeable battery provides up to five hours of playback time. You can easily recharge the battery using the adapter, which saves you battery hassles and money.
Versatile, portable design
The JBL Flip stereo speaker plays from either a vertical or horizontal position, so you can place it in a variety of locations. And it fits easily into a backpack, so you can take it from one place to the next.
A clearly visible LED lets you know when the built-in battery needs to be recharged, as well as when the JBL Flip is in Bluetooth listening or pairing mode.
- Bluetooth technology for wireless music streaming
- Bass port for impressive, impactful sound
- Hear only the best sound via FLIP's digital signal processing
- Take calls using the speaker's built-in microphone and call-answer button
- Enjoy music for up to five hours with the powerful rechargeable battery
- Adjust volume from your streaming device for ultimate convenience
Did you notice?While streaming music, you can take calls, hang up, and then return to the music uninterrupted.
Apple Recommends ForWirelessly share the music on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod at parties, get-togethers, at the beach, or in the office.
What's in the Box?
- JBL Flip stereo speaker with Bluetooth technology
- AC adapter
- Neoprene carrying pouch
- Quick start guide
- Frequency Response: 150Hz-20kHz
- Other Features: Bluetooth
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Speaker Configurations: Stereo
- Drivers: Two
- Power Source: AC,Battery Power
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 6.31 in./16 cm
- Width: 2.44 in./6.2 cm
- Weight: 0.77 lb./0.35 kg
- Length: 2.44 in./6.2 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: JBLFLIPREDAM
- UPC or EAN No.: 050036317306
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
What is the initial charging time ob jbl flip 2 external speakers?
- Asked by Eugene E from Quezon City
- Nov 22, 2013
No answers yet
How many bluetooth devices can connect to jbl flip . Is ipad 3 compatible with jbl flip using bluetooth .
- Asked by Krishna G
- Nov 6, 2013
Will this product be compatible with the Macbook pro/ Macbook air?
- Asked by Jennifer S from Coquitlam
- Dec 4, 2012
Click on bluetooth icon -top right corner
Set Up bluetooth device
Hold the on/off button until it Click on bluetooth icon -top right corner
Set Up bluetooth device
Hold the on/off button until it makes a noise.
When I did this I still didn't hear sound until I did this step:
After it shows that it is paired with your computer and "connected", go back to the BT icon, scroll to JBL Flip and select "Use as an audio device" …
- Answered by Elise N from San Francisco
- Jul 28, 2013
Can I leave the battery on continuous charge?
- Asked by Donald C from Matthews
- Dec 24, 2012
Yes. I think so. The charge light does go off when the unit is fully charged. But here is my thinkin Yes. I think so. The charge light does go off when the unit is fully charged. But here is my thinking and I am not sure: I doubt it is a smart charger in the sense that I think it will still consume power when the Flip is fully charged. My understanding is some smarter chargers (e.g. the newer generation iPad ones) will cut off or greatly reduce its power consumption when the device is fully charged. So when I am not sure, I turn off my power bar to avoid wasting electricity to feed the power supply unnecessary. …
- Answered by Kempton L from Calgary
- Jan 5, 2013
- Answered by Christina B from San Diego
- Aug 16, 2013