The iRig HD from IK Multimedia is the first high-quality audio interface to allow a direction connection to your devices with Lightning, 30-pin, or USB connectors—so you can be playing through your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Mac in seconds.
Wherever you might be, iRig HD provides a pure high-quality digital input signal. The integral 24-bit A/D ultra-transparent converter accurately preserves the details of your instrument. So you get studio-quality sound on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or MacBook.
The built-in standard 1/4-inch Hi-Z instrument input jack lets you connect to your iOS device with the included 30-pin cable or Lightning cable. There's also an onboard gain control for dialing in the perfect signal level for your instrument and apps. Plus a multicolor LED indicates interface and signal activity.
One interface you can play everywhere
iRig HD works everywhere you do. It also comes with a handy USB cable and is class compliant, so you can plug right in to your MacBook or desktop Mac and keep playing. Easily start a project on your iPad and then finish it on your Mac with the same great tone.
Plug into favorite music creation apps
iRig HD is compatible with the full range of IK AmpliTube apps, including AmpliTube Fender, AmpliTube Slash, and AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, as well as any other apps which support digital audio, whether on Mac or iOS.
You can also unlock four exclusive gear models inside AmpliTube, IK's award-winning guitar and bass gear modeling apps. Whether you have a full version of AmpliTube, or AmpliTube FREE, plug in your iRig HD for the first time, and these four outstanding models will instantly appear in your gear collection.
You also get the complete AmpliTube Metal collection for Mac, which features 48 gear models, including amps, cabinets, and stomps. You receive presets ranging from vintage 80s shred to the ultra high-gain sounds of contemporary metal.
- Easily connect your guitar or bass to your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Mac
- Studio-quality digital interface delivers outstanding sound quality, and lets you dial in the best setting for your individual instrument
- Connects instantly with no installation and works with a huge range of music creation apps on iOS and Mac
- Lightning, 30-pin, and USB cables all included, so no adaptors are required
- High-quality instrument-level 1/4-inch Hi-Z input jack
- Preamp gain control
- High-quality low-noise, high-definition preamp
- High-quality 24-bit A/D conversion
- 44.1 and 48 kHz sampling rate
- Powered by the iOS device or USB
- Includes free software for Mac; also unlocks exclusive free content inside IK's AmpliTube apps
Did you notice?Fully compatible with a wide variety of music creation apps, in particular gear modeling apps such as IK's AmpliTube.
Apple Recommends ForDirectly connect your guitar, bass, or line-level instruments to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or MacBook so you can jam anywhere.
What's in the Box?
- iRig HD interface
- Detachable Lightning, 30pin, and USB cables
- Serial card for free AmpliTube software download for Mac
- Quick-start guide
- Input Type: 1/4 Inch Mono
- Height: 0.9 in./2.29 cm
- Width: 1.2 in./3.05 cm
- Weight: 1.6 oz./45.36 g
- Length: 3.9 in./9.91 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: IP-IRIG-HD-APL
- UPC or EAN No.: 8025813456037
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects.* Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance. GarageBand now takes song creation to the next level with support for up to 32 tracks.** Get even more sounds for GarageBand with a one-time in-app purchase or record popular third-party music apps using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with an acoustic and electronic drum kit
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects*
• Use the Sampler to create an instrument from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard*
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings*
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard*
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds*
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums*
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks** using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using Airdrop for iOS
* Requires one-time in-app purchase for the complete collection of GarageBand instruments and sounds.
** 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation). …
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
There is no mention of GarageBand in the description. Is this device supported in GarageBand?
- Asked by George B from Gilroy
- Jul 4, 2013
Yes, it should work with GarageBand according to the manufacturer IK Multimedia. The item descripti Yes, it should work with GarageBand according to the manufacturer IK Multimedia. The item description on their website says:
iRig HD is compatible with the range of IK AmpliTube apps (the #1 app for guitar players) including AmpliTube Fender®, AmpliTube Slash and AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™, as well as any other real-time processing apps, such as Apple GarageBand, which support digital audio. …
- Answered by Jordan S from Markham
- Jul 26, 2013