The Western Digital My Passport for Mac portable hard drive includes a super-fast USB 3.0 interface for truly impressive transfer rates. It makes the perfect travel companion for your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air.
Ultra-fast transfer rates
When connected to a USB 3.0 port, My Passport for Mac lets you access and save files in blazing speed. Get transfer times up to three times faster than with USB 2.0.*
USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatibility
With this single drive you get compatibility with your USB 2.0 devices today and the ultra-fast speed of USB 3.0 when you're ready to step up to the next generation.
Sleek, compact design
This compact enclosure offers plenty of storage, making it the ideal companion for the graphic professional, student, or road-warrior.
Set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
WD Drive Utilities
Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics, and more using the WD Drive Utilities.
Formatted for Mac
HFS+ journaled so it works right out of the box with your MacBook or MacBook Air. You can also easily reformat it for Windows.
Compatible with Time Machine
Quickly back up your files with Time Machine.
WD quality inside and out
Western Digital builds the drive inside with demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance, and long-term reliability. Then the drive is surrounded with a durable enclosure designed for style and protection.
- Transferring files in blazing-fast speed with USB 3.0
- Connect to USB 2.0 devices today and then USB 3.0 devices when you're ready
- Add extra storage for your videos, music, photos, and files
- Back up your files with Time Machine
- Secure your files from unauthorized access with password protection and hardware encryption
Did you notice?Connect to a USB 3.0 port and transfer a full-length HD movie in under five minutes.
Apple Recommends ForTake your photos, movies, videos, and files along wherever you go with your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Passport for Mac portable hard drive
- USB cable
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 21 mm/0.82 in.
- Width: 110.8 mm/4.36 in.
- Weight: 230 g
- Length: 82.3 mm/3.24 in.
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBLUZ0020BSL-NEAP
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037814124
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
- *Performance may vary based on your hardware and system configuration.
Ratings & Reviews
Excellent little drive
Don't let the 1-star reviewer fool you. This drive is excellent. I've had several of them over the past year with no problems. I r Don't let the 1-star reviewer fool you. This drive is excellent. I've had several of them over the past year with no problems. I regularly get around 85-90MBps transfer out of them. The other reviewer should note that EVERY hard drive manufacturer has drives that die, that is the nature of spindle hard drives. Back up your stuff and when a drive dies, just replace it. I've had great luck with WD's customer service too. They now offer to ship you a replacement drive before you ship back a faulty drive so that you can get up and running faster. …
- Written by Justin V from Wellington
129 of 146 people found this useful
Robust and Solid
I can't explain the other reviewers of this drive by my experience has been nothing but awesome.
I use this drive as my main m I can't explain the other reviewers of this drive by my experience has been nothing but awesome.
I use this drive as my main media (iTunes) storage device for my MacBook Pro. The size lends itself to sit perfectly on the left side of my 15" MBP without coming close to the trackpad. It's lightweight and has quickly become one of my most valuable pieces of tech.
I have kids who have knocked and jostled this drive around... even dropped it on the floor. I nearly lost my mind but it is still intact to the writing of this review.
It's been totally solid for me.... for about a year. I recommend this product highly! …
- Written by Jeff P from Edmonton
59 of 70 people found this useful
Reliable, value for money
Great little drive, this is my second and I haven't had a single problem.
- Written by John G from Jamaica
39 of 42 people found this useful
Don't buy this (1 star is too much already)
Don't buy this drive. It stopped working after using it 5 times for backups (that are now gone).
- Written by jean-pierre D from berlin
4 of 4 people found this useful
Waste of money
I finally went to use this and was so upset...... was not able to get any of my files backed up to my new mac. My wife is crying b I finally went to use this and was so upset...... was not able to get any of my files backed up to my new mac. My wife is crying because of all the old pics we lost... If you buy this product good luck but dont say you weren't warned. …
- Written by JAMES G from STONY BROOK
2 of 4 people found this useful
no longer works well with apple software updates...etc
you can find pages online regarding this as of last summer. I lost everything. again, no warnings. tax files, music. what a waste you can find pages online regarding this as of last summer. I lost everything. again, no warnings. tax files, music. what a waste of money. and as others stated, it seemed to go corrupt and then silent. DO NOT BUY. My iomega has been working for awhile. I've been through a lot of brands on ext hard drives. Research them first. Their quality does not seem to consistently keep up with technology that they are backing up. …
- Written by Emily Y from Austin
1 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
will this work with a macbook that has Mac OS X 10.4.11?
- Asked by Elvira G from Oakland
- Feb 8, 2015
Does it have a location device if it is lost or stolen?
- Asked by Suzanne Elise G from Azusa
- Dec 16, 2014
What is the spin speed of this hard drive? 5400 or 7200rpm?
- Asked by Katy-robin G from Missoula
- Jun 11, 2014
will it work with os 10.6.8
- Asked by Natalia F
- Apr 19, 2014
Yes you can use it with OS X 10.6.8.
But backing up years of photos will take a while though.
Ho Yes you can use it with OS X 10.6.8.
But backing up years of photos will take a while though.
Hope this helped! …
- Answered by Zai F from Kagoshima
- Feb 12, 2015