The Western Digital My Passport for Mac portable hard drive includes a super-fast USB 3.0 interface for truly impressive transfer rates. It makes the perfect travel companion for your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air.
Ultra-fast transfer rates
When connected to a USB 3.0 port, My Passport for Mac lets you access and save files in blazing speed. Get transfer times up to three times faster than with USB 2.0.*
USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatibility
With this single drive you get compatibility with your USB 2.0 devices today and the ultra-fast speed of USB 3.0 when you're ready to step up to the next generation.
Sleek, compact design
This compact enclosure offers plenty of storage, making it the ideal companion for the graphic professional, student, or road-warrior.
Set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
WD Drive Utilities
Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics, and more using the WD Drive Utilities.
Formatted for Mac
HFS+ journaled so it works right out of the box with your MacBook or MacBook Air. You can also easily reformat it for Windows.
Compatible with Time Machine
Quickly back up your files with Time Machine.
WD quality inside and out
Western Digital builds the drive inside with demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance, and long-term reliability. Then the drive is surrounded with a durable enclosure designed for style and protection.
- Transferring files in blazing-fast speed with USB 3.0
- Connect to USB 2.0 devices today and then USB 3.0 devices when you're ready
- Add extra storage for your videos, music, photos, and files
- Back up your files with Time Machine
- Secure your files from unauthorized access with password protection and hardware encryption
Did you notice?Connect to a USB 3.0 port and transfer a full-length HD movie in under five minutes.
Apple Recommends ForTake your photos, movies, videos, and files along wherever you go with your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Passport for Mac portable hard drive
- USB cable
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 15 mm/0.6 in.
- Width: 110.6 mm/4.35 in.
- Weight: 140 g
- Length: 82.1 mm/3.23 in.
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBLUZ0010BSL-NEAP
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037814568
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
- *Performance may vary based on your hardware and system configuration.
Ratings & Reviews
poor WD product
quit after 6 months -- i can't even find support --if a product won't work,support IS part of its functionality
- Written by James H from st clair shores
78 of 92 people found this useful
Bought this to store all my school stuff and any other additional stuff that I don't want to lose. Looks great, it maintains the A Bought this to store all my school stuff and any other additional stuff that I don't want to lose. Looks great, it maintains the Apple aesthetic of the silver and black. Speed is a little slow, but it is great if you want it for something simple, and won't be using it every day. Perfect for casual users that just need something to store your stuff on. …
- Written by Christine D from Fleming Island
58 of 67 people found this useful
it gives average transfer rate of 50-60MBPS.
Its light ! compared to other HDD like seagate, and small in size
- Written by Wangel T
51 of 60 people found this useful
Looks nice, works badly
This drive looks nice, but is unreliable. I have 2 of these drives, and they've both failed multiple times, and only worked again This drive looks nice, but is unreliable. I have 2 of these drives, and they've both failed multiple times, and only worked again when I reformatted them or unplugged and restarted things multiple times.
In fact, when my internal hard drive died and all the information was lost, my WD backup drive decided to fail an hour later, before I had transferred over my data.
Moral of the story: the drive looks cool and is pretty silent, and not a horrible price, but don't trust it with any data that you can't risk losing. …
- Written by Alexander L from Ottawa
Don't buy it !!!!
Pure garbage. Backup is supposed to be reliable, not constantly failing. I swapped 3 and they all have failed using time machine Pure garbage. Backup is supposed to be reliable, not constantly failing. I swapped 3 and they all have failed using time machine within months. I mean really, its not like I'm carrying this device around with my laptop. They just bought poor quality components with low MTBF and packaged it in a nice enclosure to save cost. …
- Written by Joseph C from Park City
0 of 1 people found this useful
I had bought my FIRST My Passport for Mac when I got my new MacBook Pro. It lasted for about a year when I started to have trouble I had bought my FIRST My Passport for Mac when I got my new MacBook Pro. It lasted for about a year when I started to have trouble (like everyone else it just stops showing up in finder). I called WD customer service, who diagnosed a faulty cord, which was replaced. The hard drive itself failed about a month later. To their credit, WD customer service replaced it with a new My Passport, which lasted about 6 months before I had to erase and repartition it. That replacement HD failed today (3 months later) and is being replaced with yet another one, this time a different model. So! decent warranty and customer service - horrible, unreliable product. Here's hoping that the My Passport Ultra is somehow more reliable than it's Mac formatted brother. …
- Written by Richard F from Spokane Valley
7 of 8 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does it have a location device if it is lost or stolen?
- Asked by Suzanne Elise G from Azusa
- Dec 16, 2014
if i back up my computer and then delete items when I back up again what will i loose
- Asked by Randall W from North Vancouver
- Sep 19, 2014
What is the spin speed of this hard drive? 5400 or 7200rpm?
- Asked by Katy-robin G from Missoula
- Jun 11, 2014
will it work with os 10.6.8
- Asked by Natalia F
- Apr 19, 2014
Yes you can use it with OS X 10.6.8.
But backing up years of photos will take a while though.
Ho Yes you can use it with OS X 10.6.8.
But backing up years of photos will take a while though.
Hope this helped! …
- Answered by Zai F from Kagoshima
- Feb 12, 2015