The Western Digital My Passport for Mac portable hard drive includes a super-fast USB 3.0 interface for truly impressive transfer rates. It makes the perfect travel companion for your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air.
Ultra-fast transfer rates
When connected to a USB 3.0 port, My Passport for Mac lets you access and save files in blazing speed. Get transfer times up to three times faster than with USB 2.0.*
USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatibility
With this single drive you get compatibility with your USB 2.0 devices today and the ultra-fast speed of USB 3.0 when you're ready to step up to the next generation.
Sleek, compact design
This compact enclosure offers plenty of storage, making it the ideal companion for the graphic professional, student, or road-warrior.
Set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
WD Drive Utilities
Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics, and more using the WD Drive Utilities.
Formatted for Mac
HFS+ journaled so it works right out of the box with your MacBook or MacBook Air. You can also easily reformat it for Windows.
Compatible with Time Machine
Quickly back up your files with Time Machine.
WD quality inside and out
Western Digital builds the drive inside with demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance, and long-term reliability. Then the drive is surrounded with a durable enclosure designed for style and protection.
- Transferring files in blazing-fast speed with USB 3.0
- Connect to USB 2.0 devices today and then USB 3.0 devices when you're ready
- Add extra storage for your videos, music, photos, and files
- Back up your files with Time Machine
- Secure your files from unauthorized access with password protection and hardware encryption
Did you notice?Connect to a USB 3.0 port and transfer a full-length HD movie in under five minutes.
Apple Recommends ForTake your photos, movies, videos, and files along wherever you go with your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Passport for Mac portable hard drive
- USB cable
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 15 mm/0.6 in.
- Width: 110.6 mm/4.35 in.
- Weight: 140 g
- Length: 82.1 mm/3.23 in.
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBLUZ0010BSL-NEAP
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037814568
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
- *Performance may vary based on your hardware and system configuration.
Ratings & Reviews
Bought this to store all my school stuff and any other additional stuff that I don't want to lose. Looks great, it maintains the A Bought this to store all my school stuff and any other additional stuff that I don't want to lose. Looks great, it maintains the Apple aesthetic of the silver and black. Speed is a little slow, but it is great if you want it for something simple, and won't be using it every day. Perfect for casual users that just need something to store your stuff on. …
- Written by Christine D from Fleming Island
41 of 43 people found this useful
it gives average transfer rate of 50-60MBPS.
Its light ! compared to other HDD like seagate, and small in size
- Written by Wangel T
34 of 37 people found this useful
poor WD product
quit after 6 months -- i can't even find support --if a product won't work,support IS part of its functionality
- Written by James H from st clair shores
22 of 24 people found this useful
Works great people, perfect size with allot of memory!
- Written by ARNOLD G from The Woodlands
This hard drive is horrible, only lasted about 7 months. The worst part of the situation was none of the data was retrievable. You This hard drive is horrible, only lasted about 7 months. The worst part of the situation was none of the data was retrievable. You've been warned. …
- Written by Jamie T from Newark
3 of 3 people found this useful
This is a horrible product. I bought one about two years ago and for the entire first year it would randomly eject and then requir This is a horrible product. I bought one about two years ago and for the entire first year it would randomly eject and then require a different USB cable for it mount again. At the end of the first year it died completely and would not mount at all. This drive was replaced by WD support, which I appreciated, but now regret having put my faith in this product a second time (fool me twice). The second drive had all of the exact same problems as the first and even failed permanently after 9 months. I've never had one of these hard drives last longer than 9 months and I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE anyone from considering this product. …
- Written by Aron T from Conroe
7 of 7 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
WD 1TB My Passport is described as perfect travel companion for MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. Is it also OK for Time Machine back ups on new iMacs?
- Asked by Tim M from Mayfield
- Mar 24, 2014
Yes! The My Passport can be used with any Apple computer running Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion or Moun Yes! The My Passport can be used with any Apple computer running Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion or Mountain Lion. …
- Answered by Raul P from Manhattan Beach
- Mar 27, 2014
will it connect to a macbook pro.
- Asked by Joyce M
- Jan 14, 2014
Yes, it will work with USB 2.0 on your Macbook Pro
- Answered by Francis D from Raleigh
- Mar 7, 2014
does this come formatted for the mac?
- Asked by Joanne D from Glen Rock
- Jul 30, 2013
Yes, Simply plug and play. Or store in this case.
- Answered by Gareth K
- Aug 6, 2013
Is this device thunderbolt compatible?
- Asked by Soo F from Laguna Beach
- Feb 4, 2014
Is the usb cable supplied compatible with the USB 2.0 connections on my 2011 iMac
- Asked by Jeffrey R
- Jan 31, 2014
Yes it is compatible
- Answered by Andrew R from Blackburn
- Feb 23, 2014