Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker/Speakerphone
Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker/Speakerphone
The Ultimate Ears BOOM speaker lets you share the music on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch wirelessly with everyone. It's a party waiting to happen—with a convenient water bottle shape that fits comfortably in your hand, in a cup holder, or hung from just about anything. You can also pair it with eight different Bluetooth-enabled iOS devices, two of which can be active simultaneously. With re-streaming, you can even pair two UE BOOM speakers together to double the volume or get true stereo separation. No matter how you use it, UE BOOM provides impressively big sound for its compact size—sound that's rich and full across the entire audio spectrum.
- 360-degree speaker drops bold, immersive sound in every direction
- Wirelessly switch songs, adjust volume, and take phone calls from up to 50 feet away from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Versatile, go anywhere shape that easily fits in your hand or a cup holder
- Colorful acoustic skin with plasma coating for water and stain resistance
- Up to 15-hours of rechargeable battery life that gives you non-stop music
- Wirelessly connect two UE BOOMs together in stereo via the UE BOOM app to spread the sound and increase the volume
- Wake up with UE BOOM and music from your iTunes library, iTunes Radio, and more via the UE BOOM app's alarm feature
Did you notice?With re-streaming, you can pair two UE BOOMs together to double the volume or get left and right stereo.
Apple Recommends ForWirelessly share the music from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod anywhere you go.
What's in the Box?
- Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker
- Quick start guide
- Micro USB cable
- Power adapter
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features: Bluetooth
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Drivers: Two 1.5-inch full-range drivers; two 2-inch passive radiators
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 7.09 in./18 cm
- Width: 2.72 in./6.91 cm (Diameter)
- Weight: 1.19 lb./0.54 kg
- Mfr. Part Number: 980-000685
- UPC or EAN No.: 097855092793
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited hardware warranty
UE BOOM is the 360 degree wireless speaker made to rage, riot, party and play the music you love out loud. With the UE BOOM app, it becomes even more. Use the app for:
●Double Up – Wirelessly connect two UE BOOMs together in stereo to double the sound and expand the party.
●Alarm – UE BOOM wakes you up with your favorite songs and music services. Enjoy Spotify playlists and radio, Pandora stations, iTunes and much more. Because the party never actually stops–you just fall asleep.
●Settings – Personalize the name, language and more on your UE BOOM to make it your own.
●Learn – Use the UE BOOM online immersion guide to learn more about what your UE BOOM can do. …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
Ratings & Reviews
There is a reason it is called Boom. Explosive sound! Love the features and ease of use. UE put a lot of though into how a device There is a reason it is called Boom. Explosive sound! Love the features and ease of use. UE put a lot of though into how a device like this should work, and they have done a fantastic job. Very well balanced sound that never distorts at crazy high volume. I still can't believe how good this is. I'm buying another one to pair in stereo with the cool iOS app. There is nothing at this price point that can compare to the Boom. …
- Written by Aman C from Mississauga
32 of 33 people found this useful
Crispy and very good lows
- Written by Felipe O from Bradenton
32 of 38 people found this useful
Love the quality of the sound from this speaker and the battery life on it cannot be beat. It is truly portable and seems pretty d Love the quality of the sound from this speaker and the battery life on it cannot be beat. It is truly portable and seems pretty durable as well. The only downside to this product is the UE app functionality, which needs an improvement. Love this speaker! …
- Written by Nicholas D from Carmel
11 of 11 people found this useful
Best Bluetooth Speaker
After looking at the Bose, Jawbone, and Beats offerings, I chose the UE Boom. I really liked the battery life and water resistanc After looking at the Bose, Jawbone, and Beats offerings, I chose the UE Boom. I really liked the battery life and water resistance of the speaker. The price is among the highest for this type of speaker, but the sound quality and features are worth every penny. I bring this speaker when I travel as well as use it at the beach and pool. There is no problem being able to hear it at a noisy beach and it fills a large hotel room with beautiful sound. It is more then loud enough without being distorted at all. I highly recommend this speaker. …
- Written by BRETT D from Fort Lauderdale
Great to take anywhere.
Pros: I take this everywhere with me. It is easy for anybody to connect to via bluetooth, and the app allows you to create setting Pros: I take this everywhere with me. It is easy for anybody to connect to via bluetooth, and the app allows you to create settings for the best sound for where you are. You can even pair two speakers should you happen to own two of them. I really appreciate the alarm, as you can set it up to have a specific playlist of songs to wake up to.
Cons: I took this kayaking once, and it was really hard to get the right sound. No matter the settings or placement, it was too loud where I was, and my friends who weren't very far away from me could BARELY hear the music. My phone speakers carried sound much better. Everywhere else I've taken it (outside of water) the sound balanced nicely. …
- Written by Claire S from Austin
I LOVE IT !!!
I traded in my Beats Pill because the sound quality was horrible. Once I got this one omg I love it. The sound is loud and really I traded in my Beats Pill because the sound quality was horrible. Once I got this one omg I love it. The sound is loud and really clear, it evens has an alarm but you'll have to download the app for the device control it better. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good speaker to wants a good sound quality. The beats is just the logo you'll be paying which you'll regret it. Switch to this one trust it's worth the money! …
- Written by Naida M from Miami
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I assume iphone 6 will be comaptible also?
- Asked by Alan K from Tulsa
- Oct 6, 2014
Yes indeed! I have the 6 Plus connected right now. The speaker is awesome!!
- Answered by Sher S from Greensboro
- Oct 10, 2014
can i connect Bluetooth speakers to Apple TV?
- Asked by Barry B from West Chester
- Dec 12, 2013
- Answered by Chris W from Weirton
- Dec 27, 2013
Can the Ultimate Ears be paired with an iMac (Mid 2010)?
- Asked by Darcy H from North Melbourne
- Jun 1, 2013
The answer is yes - assuming Bluetooth is enabled on this iMac
- Answered by Rory D from Redwood City
- Jun 2, 2013
can it go underwater? like full soaked ?
- Asked by Jeremy S
- Jan 13, 2014
No. Boom should not be fully immersed in water or any other liquid.
- Answered by Robert K
- Jan 17, 2014
How long should the first charge be?
- Asked by Kamj H from Anmore
- Jul 16, 2014
Out of the box, the UE Boom speaker comes with the battery around 80-100 percent charged. After that Out of the box, the UE Boom speaker comes with the battery around 80-100 percent charged. After that, the average charging time is 2-4 hours. To answer your question, it doesn't really matter how long you leave it plugged in for at first, as long as it charges to 100 percent. And since it is a Li-Ion battery it doesn't even have to charge to 100 percent, you can use it whenever. …
- Answered by Filip K from London
- Jul 28, 2014