Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker/Speakerphone
Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker/Speakerphone
The Ultimate Ears BOOM speaker lets you share the music on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch wirelessly with everyone. It's a party waiting to happen—with a convenient water bottle shape that fits comfortably in your hand, in a cup holder, or hung from just about anything. You can also pair it with eight different Bluetooth-enabled iOS devices, two of which can be active simultaneously. With re-streaming, you can even pair two UE BOOM speakers together to double the volume or get true stereo separation. No matter how you use it, UE BOOM provides impressively big sound for its compact size—sound that's rich and full across the entire audio spectrum.
- 360-degree speaker drops bold, immersive sound in every direction
- Wirelessly switch songs, adjust volume, and take phone calls from up to 50 feet away from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Versatile, go anywhere shape that easily fits in your hand or a cup holder
- Colorful acoustic skin with plasma coating for water and stain resistance
- Up to 15-hours of rechargeable battery life that gives you non-stop music
- Wirelessly connect two UE BOOMs together in stereo via the UE BOOM app to spread the sound and increase the volume
- Wake up with UE BOOM and music from your iTunes library, iTunes Radio, and more via the UE BOOM app's alarm feature
Did you notice?With re-streaming, you can pair two UE BOOMs together to double the volume or get left and right stereo.
Apple Recommends ForWirelessly share the music from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod anywhere you go.
What's in the Box?
- Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker
- Quick start guide
- Micro USB cable
- Power adapter
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features: Multipoint Support
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Drivers: Two 1.5-inch full-range drivers; two 2-inch passive radiators
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 7.09 in./18 cm
- Width: 2.72 in./6.91 cm (Diameter)
- Weight: 1.19 lb./0.54 kg
- Mfr. Part Number: 980-000686
- UPC or EAN No.: 097855092809
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited hardware warranty
UE BOOM is the 360 degree wireless speaker made to rage, riot, party and play the music you love out loud. With the UE BOOM app, it becomes even more. Use the app for:
●Double Up – Wirelessly connect two UE BOOMs together in stereo to double the sound and expand the party.
●Alarm – UE BOOM wakes you up with your favorite songs and music services. Enjoy Spotify playlists and radio, Pandora stations, iTunes and much more. Because the party never actually stops–you just fall asleep.
●Settings – Personalize the name, language and more on your UE BOOM to make it your own.
●Learn – Use the UE BOOM online immersion guide to learn more about what your UE BOOM can do. …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
iPad Air 2
iPad mini 3
Ratings & Reviews
Good sound, great design.
I purchased the UE Boom speaker the other day and I must say it has surprised me. It has really good sound, not amazing, but lets I purchased the UE Boom speaker the other day and I must say it has surprised me. It has really good sound, not amazing, but lets remember it's a small portable device so we can't expect home theater sound (of course). For the size though, it is really good. A little muffled in mid-bass range and the bass falls short. However the UE Boom gets very loud, and when it does the sound is still mostly clear! It is easily filling my place with sound at below half total volume though I do wish the volume adjustment had options between levels. The physical design is wonderful. An abrasion resistant fabric surrounds the unit and feels pretty good. The other surfaces have a nice rubberized surface. Buttons are easy to see and use. The free software makes setup a snap and the long battery life is wonderful. I can't wait to get a second unit to pair with for a fuller stereo sound. I will recommend this to everyone! …
- Written by Chris R from Scappoose
91 of 103 people found this useful
you should listen to this before buying something else
I tend to buy gadgets on a whim and often just to try them out and then not really use them. The UE Boom is really impressive as f I tend to buy gadgets on a whim and often just to try them out and then not really use them. The UE Boom is really impressive as far as I am concerned. The cost / benefit ratio is immense as the portability and utility as well as sound quality and battery life are really surprisingly good. The advertised 15 hour battery life is not an over estimate. I am even considering a second one to allow me to "double up" which allows you to connect to two simultaneously from your blue tooth device and expand the stereo "foot print". …
- Written by GREGORY M from Savage
29 of 35 people found this useful
So easy to use and switch between devices. Excellent quality, even when i compared to the same priced Bose soundlink.
- Written by Pulin B from Grand Prairie
12 of 13 people found this useful
Musicians: Say Yes
I am a professional music educator and live with a professional musician. We both agree that this is a seriously great quality spe I am a professional music educator and live with a professional musician. We both agree that this is a seriously great quality speaker that is durable, portable and life-proof without sacrificing a darn thing. The sound has depth, clear quality and balanced all around - who needs EQ settings?
100% worth the price. No doubt. …
- Written by Maegan M from Weaverville
2 of 2 people found this useful
I bought one of these little guys on a whim and was very impressed. When I read that you could sync two and get true stereo I did' I bought one of these little guys on a whim and was very impressed. When I read that you could sync two and get true stereo I did'nt even hesitate on buying a second one. No regrets. They sound great, look great, are easy to setup and battery life for me has gone waaaay beyond 15 hours. If they developed a way to sync more of them and reproduce 5.1 surround i'd buy three more right now! (hint, hint!!!) …
- Written by Travis W from FAIRBANKS
I originally sought another portable speaker but the Apple Store doesn't carry anymore. I took a chance on this speaker without ev I originally sought another portable speaker but the Apple Store doesn't carry anymore. I took a chance on this speaker without even hearing it and I'm very impressed. Sound is highly subjective -- to each his or her own -- but to my ears the speaker is rich enough for decent bass, crisp enough for decent mids and highs, and loud enough without distortion for many environments. What I like the most is the versatility and the construction. It's rubberized, with a sturdy speaker grill. I have carried to multiple rooms, used in the bathroom (it's splash proof and you can hear over the shower), clipped to a ladder, thrown in a backpack, taken outside, and played in the garage. I've used for audiobooks, Netflix, MLB.TV and At Bat, streaming music services, and music in iTunes (mostly jazz, some alternative and rock). While no speaker this size delivers perfect sound, it's very good and perfect for mobile uses. …
- Written by DANIEL J L from Grapevine
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this speaker compatible with the bluetooth on the newest iPod Nano? It is not listed on the compatible device list but hopefully is.
- Asked by Brooke L from Chandler
- Dec 26, 2014
How do I connect ultimate ears with my Sonos system?
- Asked by Tammy H from Richmond
- Dec 26, 2014
Is wifi required to play music through the speakers?
- Asked by Grace G
- Nov 24, 2014
Nope! The speaker is purely bluetooth.
- Answered by Allen M from Neosho
- Dec 17, 2014
do you have to leave it on for the alarm to work
- Asked by Roger G from Noosa Heads
- Aug 10, 2014
how to connect mini boom to dial up mac
- Asked by Elizabeth B from Baltimore
- Oct 21, 2014
Can you use Siri through the UE Boom?
- Asked by Alex C from Boulder
- Nov 17, 2014
Yes you can use Siri through UE Boom.
- Answered by Stephanie F from Joshua Tree
- Nov 20, 2014