Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker/Speakerphone
Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker/Speakerphone
The Ultimate Ears BOOM speaker lets you share the music on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch wirelessly with everyone. It's a party waiting to happen—with a convenient water bottle shape that fits comfortably in your hand, in a cup holder, or hung from just about anything. You can also pair it with eight different Bluetooth-enabled iOS devices, two of which can be active simultaneously. With re-streaming, you can even pair two UE BOOM speakers together to double the volume or get true stereo separation. No matter how you use it, UE BOOM provides impressively big sound for its compact size—sound that's rich and full across the entire audio spectrum.
- 360-degree speaker drops bold, immersive sound in every direction
- Wirelessly switch songs, adjust volume, and take phone calls from up to 50 feet away from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Versatile, go anywhere shape that easily fits in your hand or a cup holder
- Colorful acoustic skin with plasma coating for water and stain resistance
- Up to 15-hours of rechargeable battery life that gives you non-stop music
- Wirelessly connect two UE BOOMs together in stereo via the UE BOOM app to spread the sound and increase the volume
- Wake up with UE BOOM and music from your iTunes library, iTunes Radio, and more via the UE BOOM app's alarm feature
Did you notice?With re-streaming, you can pair two UE BOOMs together to double the volume or get left and right stereo.
Apple Recommends ForWirelessly share the music from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod anywhere you go.
What's in the Box?
- Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker
- Quick start guide
- Micro USB cable
- Power adapter
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features: Bluetooth
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Drivers: Two 1.5-inch full-range drivers; two 2-inch passive radiators
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 7.09 in./18 cm
- Width: 2.72 in./6.91 cm (Diameter)
- Weight: 1.19 lb./0.54 kg
- Mfr. Part Number: 980-000678
- UPC or EAN No.: 097855092724
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited hardware warranty
UE BOOM is the 360 degree wireless speaker made to rage, riot, party and play the music you love out loud. With the UE BOOM app, it becomes even more. Use the app for:
●Double Up – Wirelessly connect two UE BOOMs together in stereo to double the sound and expand the party.
●Alarm – UE BOOM wakes you up with your favorite songs and music services. Enjoy Spotify playlists and radio, Pandora stations, iTunes and much more. Because the party never actually stops–you just fall asleep.
●Settings – Personalize the name, language and more on your UE BOOM to make it your own.
●Learn – Use the UE BOOM online immersion guide to learn more about what your UE BOOM can do. …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
The sound coming out of this portable speaker is incredible. It almost sounds as good as my home stereo.
In fact, this is the onl The sound coming out of this portable speaker is incredible. It almost sounds as good as my home stereo.
In fact, this is the only review I have ever written. For anything. Ever. It's that good. …
- Written by James R from Hamilton
129 of 137 people found this useful
What incredible sound this tiny speaker produces. I tried the Jawbone, but sent it back immediately. The Jawbone speakers 'normali What incredible sound this tiny speaker produces. I tried the Jawbone, but sent it back immediately. The Jawbone speakers 'normalize' the sound - cuts the sound off to a certain volume. And it overrides very easily.
The UE BOOM speakers produce a crisp, LOUD sound. The only thing that is missing is BASE. But still, I'd give it a five star anytime. …
- Written by H.A.D. H from Amsterdam
85 of 91 people found this useful
This product was amazing it has great sound, and bass. The 360 degree compatibility was great to it was very helpful making the wh This product was amazing it has great sound, and bass. The 360 degree compatibility was great to it was very helpful making the whole room light up with clear sound. The wireless compatibility was also great it was just as good when it was plugged in with the cord. Also the battery life was fifteen hours at a low volume but as the volume gets louder the power runs out faster (not really a problem). …
- Written by anita R from Farmington Hills
82 of 85 people found this useful
Surprisingly amazing build quality for price
I purchased the UE boom for taking on the beach and hearing some tunes. It's incredibly durable the sound quality is top notch fo I purchased the UE boom for taking on the beach and hearing some tunes. It's incredibly durable the sound quality is top notch for the size( it is the size and weight of a full water bottle) the finest sand or water simply brushes away, and the battery doesn't quit ( I have actually timed it at 14 hours at half way mark which is loud enough if you want to hear it with out people asking to turn it down) extremely surprised at in home quality and the app that comes with. Easy to use. All in all, if your comparing to Bose or jaw box, take this recommendation and buy the boom. It's miles ahead of competition in the price range. …
- Written by Justin F from ST ALBERT
Great iPhone external speaker
I wanted to go iPhone hands free in my office. First tried the JBL but callers said it sounded like I was in a tunnel. Spent a bit I wanted to go iPhone hands free in my office. First tried the JBL but callers said it sounded like I was in a tunnel. Spent a bit more and all is good. I was concerned, at first, because it has no AC power connector, but rather a micro USB. I wanted to ensure that it was always powered. But instead I learned that I can power up (long battery life because I only use it for the phone) and untether to bring the unit next to my mouth for a great outgoing sound.
Buying my second today.. …
- Written by Mike K from Sherman Oaks
Sound is too good to be true. Device fails to stay connected.
Warning: The Ultimate Ear's website states that the "UE BOOM will turn off automatically after 15 minutes without music or user in Warning: The Ultimate Ear's website states that the "UE BOOM will turn off automatically after 15 minutes without music or user interaction."
As such, it will disconnect when left alone so it needs to constantly be reconnected manually. If/when it does connect, it tantrums and disconnects, taking 30-60 minutes of troubleshooting to get the speaker to stop dropping audio.
True sound, it fills the room.
Disappointing device, fails expectations.
Do not buy. …
- Written by Joan O from Hackettstown
1 of 6 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does the Ulimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker/Speakerphone truly have the ability to be a speakerphone? Meaning does it have a microphone built in?
- Asked by Maren L from Egg Harbor
- Feb 4, 2014
no it in fact does not have a microphone built into it, but it can be used to hear your caller throu no it in fact does not have a microphone built into it, but it can be used to hear your caller through your phone …
- Answered by Brandon G from Sugar Land
- Mar 2, 2014
Can it connect to macbook?
- Asked by Stevanus K from Seattle
- Nov 14, 2013
I was told when I called Apple with this question that it could be paired with a Macbook - as long a I was told when I called Apple with this question that it could be paired with a Macbook - as long as it has bluetooth enabled. …
- Answered by Abi S
- Nov 29, 2013
can i connect Bluetooth speakers to Apple TV?
- Asked by Barry B from West Chester
- Dec 12, 2013
- Answered by Chris W from Weirton
- Dec 27, 2013
can it go underwater? like full soaked ?
- Asked by Jeremy S
- Jan 13, 2014
No. Boom should not be fully immersed in water or any other liquid.
- Answered by Robert K
- Jan 17, 2014
Can I connect my iPod nano with the ultamite ears boom using a USB or other wiring as the nano does not have Bluetooth
- Asked by Jacky H
- Oct 30, 2013
if you have a mini jack to mini jack cable (for example: the belkin flat angle mini stereo cable ava if you have a mini jack to mini jack cable (for example: the belkin flat angle mini stereo cable available on the online store) then I don't see why not. …
- Answered by Jonathan B
- Nov 28, 2013
compatible with the 5s?
- Asked by Megan W from Boulder
- Oct 8, 2013
Yes. It works with my 5s.
- Answered by Rex M from Honolulu
- Nov 13, 2013