Wahoo Fitness KICKR Bike Trainer
Wahoo Fitness KICKR Bike Trainer
Using the power of iPhone, Bluetooth wireless, and your favorite cycling app, Wahoo KICKR Bike Power Trainer transforms your indoor cycling experience. Simply remove your bike's back wheel and connect it to Wahoo KICKR for accurate power measurement, iPhone-controlled resistance, open third-party software options, and the smoothest indoor riding you can imagine.
Powered by your iOS device
Connect via Bluetooth wireless to your iPhone 5 or 4S, iPad (3rd or 4th generation), or iPod touch (5th generation) and totally change your stationary training. Now you can use your favorite app to set your resistance or power threshold.
A true road feel
The super flywheel is engineered to give you an ultra-realistic road feel.
Direct power measurement happens at the hub for consistent and calibrated data throughout every grueling mile.
Adjustable and portable
Flexible design provides a good fit for most bikes—and foldable legs make it easy to take anywhere.
- Works exclusively with iOS devices supporting Bluetooth 4.0—iPhone 4S and 5, iPad (3rd and 4th generation), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation)
- Connects wirelessly using Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- Easy to assemble, adjust, and carry
- Realistic road feel
- Constantly accurate data
- Pairs easily with the free Wahoo Fitness app and many other popular cycling apps
- Wheel off design eliminates tire wear
- Open software platform give riders the ultimate workout option
Did you notice?Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connectivity to your iOS device eliminates extra wires or cables.
Apple Recommends ForTrain indoors, while easily controlling your resistances and monitoring your progress with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Wahoo Fitness KICKR Bike Trainer
- Road/mountain bike adapter
- 10-speed Sram/Shimano compatible cassette (11-25)
- Power adapter
- Quick release skewer
- Hydraulic brake pad spacer
- Height: 11.8 in./29.97 cm
- Width: 21.7 in./55.12 cm
- Weight: 47 lb./21.32 kg
- Length: 25.6 in./65 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: WFBKTRNR
- UPC or EAN No.: 857335002335
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
- Wahoo KICKR is compatible with following hub and wheel sizes: Hub width— 130mm (road) or 135mm (mountain); Wheel size—24" RD / 24" MTB / 650c RD / 26" MTB / 700c RD / 650b MTB / 29" MTB
Turn your bike and home trainer into a powerful and fun fitness device. Just choose among the geolocated videos of Kinomap and train! Watch your icon moving on the map and on the elevation line : your goal is to follow the rhythm of the original video.
A multiplayer mode is also available using the Game Center : 4 players can train on the same video, update leaderboards according to time and distance, achieve goals and discuss together with the vocal chat feature.
This app is also ANT+™ and Bluetooth 4.0 compatible. With a Wahoo ANT+ key, your iPad or iPhone can receive the cadence, speed or power data from compatible ANT+ enabled devices. And if you own a iPhone 4S, iPad 3, iPod Touch 5th gen or more recent, you can receive the cadence and speed from a BT device.
You can contribute to add your own videos, shot either:
- with the free application Kinomap Maker
- with a Gps camera
- with your usual camera and a Gps logger*
- access to all Kinomap cycling videos posted by the community
- search by popularity, keyword, country, difficulty, duration, positive slope, etc
- 5 panels: video / map / elevation profile / description / complete dashboard
- view your instant power, speed, slope, distance, time, heart rate
- prepare your selection on www.kinomap.com from your computer and find them in your favorites in the app
- displaying points of interest along the track
- easy setup in the equipment tab
- optimized for Airplay: if you have an Apple TV or an HDMI adapter, transfer the video, the elevation profile and dashboard to your screen and maximize the space for the map
- some videos available in HD
- some videos display the heart rate of the movie maker (if shot with an iPhone)
- keep the history of your trainings to see your evolution
- post your results on Facebook, Training Peaks or RunKeeper
- You don't always have a good Internet connection when you are training or even no connection at all… With offline mode, download video for later use
- In-App subscription (otherwise, the video will stop after 5 minutes)
- Subscription are also compatible with Kinomap Fitness
* See website to learn more about Shooting and uploading geolocated videos …
Ratings & Reviews
It's a BLAST!
300 words isn't enough to convey how totally cool this thing, so I'll just say it works, and works perfectly. Once you're all set 300 words isn't enough to convey how totally cool this thing, so I'll just say it works, and works perfectly. Once you're all setup - and really that just means yanking your rear wheel off, getting the right cassette on the trainer, and you're done - you are ready to ride. Spin up the Wahoo Fitness app for lots of control options - but you're not limited to that app, or even to the iOS platform. It broadcasts ANT+ as well as Bluetooth so you can hook it up to other "head" units, as well as apps on other platforms like Windows (e.g. see the Trainer Road application). Good stuff!!!! …
- Written by Jeffrey C from Kirkland
20 of 26 people found this useful
Bought a KICKR about a month ago, just just in time for the good weather. I won't be using it much this summer but based on my few Bought a KICKR about a month ago, just just in time for the good weather. I won't be using it much this summer but based on my few test rides, I can't wait for Winter! Yes, it's the heaviest trainer I've ever owned... but at least I know its not going to break. Will try to update after I get some quality time in the saddle. …
- Written by Bradley C from Atlanta
19 of 28 people found this useful
The Best Trainer on the Market
This is by far the best trainer I've ever used. What makes it powerful is that it's an open platform for software developers to ma This is by far the best trainer I've ever used. What makes it powerful is that it's an open platform for software developers to make apps that work with it. Wahoo Fitness is also the leader in wireless cycling training products. Being able to control resistance via an app is amazing. I liked my first so much that I bought a second for my second home. I've had no issues with either and am actually looking forward to training this winter. …
- Written by Zachary M from Milwaukee
11 of 13 people found this useful
I have tried three different trainers over the course of last year including the CompuTrainer, Kurt Kinetic, and now the KICKR.
T I have tried three different trainers over the course of last year including the CompuTrainer, Kurt Kinetic, and now the KICKR.
The KICKR is by far the best. No question. …
- Written by Jacob B from Saint Louis
1 of 1 people found this useful
IWBMATTKYT plus lots more! The KICKR is your key to bike glory! With resistance, erg, simulation modes you can do just about any w IWBMATTKYT plus lots more! The KICKR is your key to bike glory! With resistance, erg, simulation modes you can do just about any workout imaginable! And if that's not good enough hook up with trainerroad or strava segments and ride virtually anywhere in the world. On your bike too. Not a spin bike.
The two cons I have are that it's a lot of money and you need to have it plugged into power and connected to you phone, iPad, or computer but who doesn't have "nu-cu-lar" power and an iPhone in there back pocket! …
- Written by Grant S from Machesney Park
Love this KICKR
In the past few years I have used many bike trainers and had good results. But none of them ever really simulated what I feel on t In the past few years I have used many bike trainers and had good results. But none of them ever really simulated what I feel on the my bike rides. That is not the case with one. With the kicker I get all the same road feel stresses on the bike without being outside. I am totally pleased with this trainer! …
- Written by Ricardo D from Gilbert
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Only comes with 10speed at this time. You need to supply your own 11speed. There is a campy adapte Only comes with 10speed at this time. You need to supply your own 11speed. There is a campy adapter available as well. …
- Answered by James S from Washington Crossing
- Jan 25, 2014
Will this work with iPad 2nd generation if operating system is 7.0.4 or is there another app?
- Asked by Ann M C from Frankfort
- Nov 30, 2013
is this product capable of standing up to commercial use , like a spinning studio , and its there an app for sharing routes in a group.
- Asked by Benjamin L from San Ysidro
- Sep 10, 2013
The KICKR is the beefiest trainer I have ever seen, I'd be surprised if Wahoo Fitness said it can't The KICKR is the beefiest trainer I have ever seen, I'd be surprised if Wahoo Fitness said it can't be used in a studio. I think PerfPRO Studio has a great group riding platform (multiple KICKRs in one room) and BKOOL has a solid online platform (ride at home against someone in their own home). Definitely check those two out! …
- Answered by Bradley C from Atlanta
- Oct 24, 2013