Wahoo Fitness KICKR Bike Trainer
Wahoo Fitness KICKR Bike Trainer
Using the power of iPhone, Bluetooth wireless, and your favorite cycling app, Wahoo KICKR Bike Power Trainer transforms your indoor cycling experience. Simply remove your bike's back wheel and connect it to Wahoo KICKR for accurate power measurement, iPhone-controlled resistance, open third-party software options, and the smoothest indoor riding you can imagine.
Powered by your iOS device
Connect via Bluetooth wireless to your iPhone 5 or 4S, iPad (3rd or 4th generation), or iPod touch (5th generation) and totally change your stationary training. Now you can use your favorite app to set your resistance or power threshold.
A true road feel
The super flywheel is engineered to give you an ultra-realistic road feel.
Direct power measurement happens at the hub for consistent and calibrated data throughout every grueling mile.
Adjustable and portable
Flexible design provides a good fit for most bikes—and foldable legs make it easy to take anywhere.
- Works exclusively with iOS devices supporting Bluetooth 4.0—iPhone 4S and 5, iPad (3rd and 4th generation), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation)
- Connects wirelessly using Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- Easy to assemble, adjust, and carry
- Realistic road feel
- Constantly accurate data
- Pairs easily with the free Wahoo Fitness app and many other popular cycling apps
- Wheel off design eliminates tire wear
- Open software platform give riders the ultimate workout option
Did you notice?Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connectivity to your iOS device eliminates extra wires or cables.
Apple Recommends ForTrain indoors, while easily controlling your resistances and monitoring your progress with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Wahoo Fitness KICKR Bike Trainer
- Road/mountain bike adapter
- 10-speed Sram/Shimano compatible cassette (11-25)
- Power adapter
- Quick release skewer
- Hydraulic brake pad spacer
- Height: 11.8 in./29.97 cm
- Width: 21.7 in./55.12 cm
- Weight: 47 lb./21.32 kg
- Length: 25.6 in./65 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: WFBKTRNR
- UPC or EAN No.: 857335002335
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
- Wahoo KICKR is compatible with following hub and wheel sizes: Hub width— 130mm (road) or 135mm (mountain); Wheel size—24" RD / 24" MTB / 650c RD / 26" MTB / 700c RD / 650b MTB / 29" MTB
Turn your bike and home trainer into a powerful and fun fitness device. Just choose among the geolocated videos of Kinomap and train! Watch your icon moving on the map and on the elevation line : your goal is to follow the rhythm of the original video.
A multiplayer mode is also available: up to 10 players can train on the same video.
This app is also ANT+™ and Bluetooth 4.0 compatible. With a Wahoo ANT+ key, your iPad or iPhone can receive the cadence, speed or power data from compatible ANT+ enabled devices. And if you own an iPhone 4S and over, an iPad 3 and over or an iPod Touch 5th gen and over, you can use the Bluetooth Smart (4.0) protocol instead.
Full interaction with:
- Wahoo Fitness KICKR (using BTLE or ANT+)
- Elite REAL, Qubo Digital trainers and Arion Digital rollers (using ANT)
- CycleOps Powerbeam (using ANT)
- Racermate Computrainer (using Wifi)
You can contribute to add your own videos, shot either:
- with the free application Kinomap Maker
- with a Gps camera
- with your usual camera and a Gps logger*
- access to all Kinomap cycling videos posted by the community
- search by popularity, keyword, country, difficulty, duration, positive slope, etc
- 5 panels: video / map / elevation profile / description / complete dashboard
- view your instant power, speed, slope, distance, time, heart rate
- prepare your selection on www.kinomap.com from your computer and find them in your favorites in the app
- displaying points of interest along the track
- easy setup in the equipment tab
- optimized for Airplay: if you have an Apple TV or an HDMI adapter, transfer the video, the elevation profile and dashboard to your screen and maximize the space for the map
- some videos available in HD
- some videos display the heart rate of the movie maker (if shot with an iPhone)
- keep the history of your trainings to see your evolution
- post your results on Facebook, Training Peaks, Strava or RunKeeper
- You don't always have a good Internet connection when you are training or even no connection at all… With offline mode, download video for later use
- Subscription are also compatible with Kinomap Fitness
* See website to learn more about Shooting and uploading geolocated videos …
Ratings & Reviews
It's a BLAST!
300 words isn't enough to convey how totally cool this thing, so I'll just say it works, and works perfectly. Once you're all set 300 words isn't enough to convey how totally cool this thing, so I'll just say it works, and works perfectly. Once you're all setup - and really that just means yanking your rear wheel off, getting the right cassette on the trainer, and you're done - you are ready to ride. Spin up the Wahoo Fitness app for lots of control options - but you're not limited to that app, or even to the iOS platform. It broadcasts ANT+ as well as Bluetooth so you can hook it up to other "head" units, as well as apps on other platforms like Windows (e.g. see the Trainer Road application). Good stuff!!!! …
- Written by Jeffrey C from Kirkland
36 of 46 people found this useful
The Best Trainer on the Market
This is by far the best trainer I've ever used. What makes it powerful is that it's an open platform for software developers to ma This is by far the best trainer I've ever used. What makes it powerful is that it's an open platform for software developers to make apps that work with it. Wahoo Fitness is also the leader in wireless cycling training products. Being able to control resistance via an app is amazing. I liked my first so much that I bought a second for my second home. I've had no issues with either and am actually looking forward to training this winter. …
- Written by Zachary M from Milwaukee
25 of 34 people found this useful
Bought a KICKR about a month ago, just just in time for the good weather. I won't be using it much this summer but based on my few Bought a KICKR about a month ago, just just in time for the good weather. I won't be using it much this summer but based on my few test rides, I can't wait for Winter! Yes, it's the heaviest trainer I've ever owned... but at least I know its not going to break. Will try to update after I get some quality time in the saddle. …
- Written by Bradley C from Atlanta
29 of 43 people found this useful
Tried Computrainer and Tacx Kickr is worlds ahead in feel, stability and use
Will get better as more software becomes available
- Written by Christopher B from Canterbury
Combined with the numerous available apps this is the ultimate training machine.
- Written by Hugo V from Leiden
Solid machine but very buggy software.
Not sure how long these other reviewers have had their machine, been using mine over a year. No complaints about the trainer itse Not sure how long these other reviewers have had their machine, been using mine over a year. No complaints about the trainer itself, it's a well-built, quiet machine. However, if you are expecting all the compatible software to work as advertised, be forewarned that it's highly unlikely. The Wahoo apps work fine most of the time but many of the expensive 3rd party applications are very undependable and/or will not sync properly with the Kickr easily or at all. I have used Kinomaps and TrainerRoad which would work ok one day and be buggy the next. No luck whatsoever with several others, including BKool which, to be fair, does not work with Bluetooth apparently (you need to have an ANT+ device). Kinomaps customer service is very responsive, however, which is a good thing. BKool, not so much. I use the latest version of IOS on latest iPad, MacBook Pro, and iPhone 5 just so you know.
This machine is expensive and Wahoo is not much help when an app is buggy. I would not recommend this to a friend unless he/she didn't care about the 3rd party apps. …
- Written by Jack B from RIDGEFIELD
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
is this product capable of standing up to commercial use , like a spinning studio , and its there an app for sharing routes in a group.
- Asked by Benjamin L from San Ysidro
- Sep 10, 2013
The KICKR is the beefiest trainer I have ever seen, I'd be surprised if Wahoo Fitness said it can't The KICKR is the beefiest trainer I have ever seen, I'd be surprised if Wahoo Fitness said it can't be used in a studio. I think PerfPRO Studio has a great group riding platform (multiple KICKRs in one room) and BKOOL has a solid online platform (ride at home against someone in their own home). Definitely check those two out! …
- Answered by Bradley C from Atlanta
- Oct 24, 2013
Does it support Bluetooth and ANT + (I mean both as per the latest models)
- Asked by Abin T
- Apr 30, 2014
Yes it does support both at the same time, ANT+ and BT
- Answered by Sebastian Z from Etobicoke
- Oct 7, 2014
Only comes with 10speed at this time. You need to supply your own 11speed. There is a campy adapte Only comes with 10speed at this time. You need to supply your own 11speed. There is a campy adapter available as well. …
- Answered by James S from Washington Crossing
- Jan 25, 2014