The WD My Passport Air for Mac is an ultra-slim, all-metal design—just 11mm thick—with plenty of capacity for your important digital content.
When you connect it to a USB 3.0, this portable drive lets you access and save files with amazing speed. In fact, it potentially reduces transfer time by up to three times when compared to USB 2.0 transfer rates.
USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatibility
With this single drive you get compatibility with your USB 2.0 devices today and the ultra-fast speed of USB 3.0 when you're ready to step up to the next generation.
Safety and security
The all-metal design protects the drive inside. Plus the WD Security utility lets you set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to help protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics, and more using WD Drive Utilities. And compatibility with Apple Time Machine means the drive works with your Mac right out of the box.
Powered directly from the USB port on your Mac. No separate power supply is needed.
- Ultra-slim, all-metal design with plenty of storage
- Blazing-fast data transfers with USB 3.0 interface
- Compatibility with Apple Time Machine
- Password protection and hardware encryption
- Compatible with both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
- USB powered
Did you notice?The WD Security utility lets you set password protection and hardware encryption to help protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
Apple Recommends ForBack up the files on your Mac with USB 3.0 speeds wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Passport Air for Mac hard drive
- USB cable
- WD Security software
- WD Drive Utilities software
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 0.43 in./1.1 cm
- Width: 3.27 in./8.3 cm
- Weight: 5.64 oz./160 g
- Length: 4.41 in./11.2 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBBLW5000AAL-NEAP
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037813967
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
- Performance may vary based on user's hardware and system configuration.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this product work with a partitioned hard drive?
- Asked by Jean W
- Mar 5, 2014